Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Walbro dual in tank w/ return setup

I'd like to get a checklist on how to do this. I know I need:

20ft PTFE stainless wrapped -8an line *Feed line
x2 2ft PTFE stainless wrapped -8an line *Fuel regulator Line in/out
1ft PTFE stainless wrapped -8an line *Line to connect the fuel rails
Aeromotive Boost referenced FPR
Hobbs switch

What I need to know is how many of what fittings do I need to make it work? How many 90's will I need?
The feed line thats coming out of the tank, is it already -8an or will I need make a new -8an line coming off of the Y where the pumps are in the tank?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I hate to pay extra shipping if I forget to get a couple fittings needed to put this together.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why dont you just search ChevyChad's old threads in this section? All the info you need should be in there. Including any possible trouble shooting stuff cause I know he hit a few snags that he had to fix.

I'm not 100% sure he documented everything on here along the install of the entire fuel system as he did on the local board but I know he posted alot of info on here about it.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or we offer complete systems or hose kits with everything included and needed to complete your install with no guessing needed.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like you would be better off buying a complete kit from Nate ^^^. You will either need to draw it out yourself and figure out what fittings you need for what or save your time and pay a sponsor like Nate who has already done all the hard work for you.

It's not really hard if you know what parts you are using and what fittings they accept. You can then draw out a diagram and go to summit or jegs and look as they stock hundreds of available fittings and you can choose what you need including colors.

There are plenty of ways to accomplish what you want to do but you will need to figure out which one to go with depending on your time and budget.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:02 PM
TECH Resident

I know the sponsers sell kits but I have a hard time spending $1000 or more on a fuel setup when I can build one for a mere $300 ish. I can buy all the fuel line I need for less than $100 and thats the PTFE stainless braided line. I would need about 10-15 fittings and they are about 5 bucks or less a piece and then I would need the aeromotive quick connect which is about 35 bucks. I was just curious if someone had an exact list of the fittings I need.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sschoeffler
I know the sponsers sell kits but I have a hard time spending $1000 or more on a fuel setup when I can build one for a mere $300 ish. I can buy all the fuel line I need for less than $100 and thats the PTFE stainless braided line. I would need about 10-15 fittings and they are about 5 bucks or less a piece and then I would need the aeromotive quick connect which is about 35 bucks. I was just curious if someone had an exact list of the fittings I need.
Yea, you can get all the hose & fittings including an adjustable FPR for around $330 from Jegs or $311 from Summit, shipping included.

But you'll need aftermarket rails, y-block for the dual pumps, & both new pumps. And thats if I'm not missing something.

The pre-packaged kits are great for a 1 stop shop so you dont miss any parts & dont have to think too much after recieving it. But if you need to piece stuff together like myself so its affordable during the build then a $1000 kit all at once is hard to buy.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

I am looking for just such a list myself.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:35 PM
12 Second Club

Here is what I have on my list:

(2) new Walbro pumps
(1) set billet rails w/install kit
(1) Aeromotive adjustable FRP (1:1)
(1) 15' section -8 braided line
(5) 90* hose ends
(1) straight hose end
(1) 3/8" quick disconnect
(1) 5/16" quick disconnect
(1) 1/8" NPT "T" fitting

Chad is helping me with my fuel system parts/install though. So if I'm missing something he will let me know before I start my install.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Resident

In reference to the:

(1) 1/8" NPT "T" fitting

Shouldnt we use a Y fitting for the ease of fuel flow. I'm assuming that T fitting is the one in the tank coming from both of the pumps.

Also I am seeing 2 quick disconnects. Do you plan on running one at the rail too? If so you need the male end of that quick disconnect that will screw into the fuel rail also.

You are planning on making a return setup I am assuming with the FPR. I would think that thouse could be straights.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

All my parts are straight off Chad's spread sheet he sent me on his fuel system build. I cant remember exactly where he used the "T" fitting. I'm thinking he used a y-block at the pumps though & the "T" fitting somewhere else.

I'm not up to speed so to speak yet on the fuel system side. But I do know when I'm done it'll be a exact mirror image of Chads fuel system. I figure its workin fine for him & I'll be making less HP than he is so it'll be plenty for what I need.

And yea, it turns the system into a return style. Shoot Chad a PM & I'm sure he can clear up alot of your questions on this since he already had some trial & error throughout his build. IMO you need a adjustable FPR anyway especially with a FI build. There cars see dips in the FP at WOT sometimes & you definetly dont want it dipping while at full boost. Its good insurance to maintain rail pressure at all times.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:35 PM
9 Second Club

Going from a T to a Y will not affect flow.

Originally Posted by sschoeffler
In reference to the:

(1) 1/8" NPT "T" fitting

Shouldnt we use a Y fitting for the ease of fuel flow. I'm assuming that T fitting is the one in the tank coming from both of the pumps.

Also I am seeing 2 quick disconnects. Do you plan on running one at the rail too? If so you need the male end of that quick disconnect that will screw into the fuel rail also.

You are planning on making a return setup I am assuming with the FPR. I would think that thouse could be straights.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

They was a guy on here that showed step by step instruction with pictures on dual Walbro 255 in the tank. But I cant find it. Anyone no the link to it. I had it saved on my old laptop but the hard drives went bad in it. I've be looking for it for a while now but cant find it.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Here is what I have on my list:

(2) new Walbro pumps
(1) set billet rails w/install kit
(1) Aeromotive adjustable FRP (1:1)
(1) 15' section -8 braided line
(5) 90* hose ends
(1) straight hose end
(1) 3/8" quick disconnect
(1) 5/16" quick disconnect
(1) 1/8" NPT "T" fitting

Chad is helping me with my fuel system parts/install though. So if I'm missing something he will let me know before I start my install.
Few questions
1) Which FPR is that exactly? Is it the pro-series(black & silver) or the EFI one thats black & red?
2) You're using the stock feed as a return right? What size is that? -6? Is -6 the same as 3/8"
3) I know the one quick disconnect is to connect the -8 feed to the tank sending unit, but what is the other one for?

That 1/8" T fitting is pretty small, I'm guessing its for the vacuum line to T into a vacuum source for the FPR
Old 12-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Staging Lane

Default Double Pumps

I don't know if it will work for your application, but this is what I ran on my Turbo Buick a couple of years ago.

FLIGN2XPMP
GN DOUBLE PUMPER FUEL PUMP SYSTEM
EXCEEDS THE FUEL DELIVERY REQUIREMENTS OF A 1000HP TURBO REGAL, INCLUDES NEW FUEL PUMP HANGER AND WIRING.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Default Check out this thread

***Non-sponsor link removed***

Last edited by MeentSS02; 12-13-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Walbro dual in tank w/ return setup