Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

will this hose/regulator routing work?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 12:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default will this hose/regulator routing work?

I'm switching over to a return system and I'd like to mount the regulator on the rail. I think this way will work but I want to be sure before I do it. I'll run a T fitting on the back of the driver side rail with the feed line going there and another line going to the other rail, then I'll mount the regulator on the front of the driver side rail and another "T" on the front of the pass. rail with a FP sensor on one side and the other side will have a line that runs into the other inlet of the reg. Does that sound like it will work ok?
Old 03-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would probably work, but I'd be leary of having a t-fitting before the rails have been fed...from everything I've gathered, t-fittings don't work all that well with high pressure/high flow fuel systems. I don't have any hard data to back that up, so it is purely internet conjecture, but I have a feeling that's why you see a lot of people using a y-fitting if they are going to feed the rails in parallel.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah I was worried about that. I'm hoping that the pump can move enough fuel to keep both of the rails fed with this setup. I guess if I'm going to run a T I could at least run it between the rails instead of mounted to one, probably get a more even flow that way. Since I already have these fittings (free) I'm going to see how it does. I'm planning to do several logs with the wideband on each bank so I will know if one side is starving.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a good approach to me...I'd be interested to see how it comes out after you've had a chance to test it.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

it will work, sounds more complicated (expensive) than it needs to be.

feed line to rail in back
jump from rail to rail in front
line out of other rail to regulator
regulator to tank
Old 04-05-2010, 06:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
it will work, sounds more complicated (expensive) than it needs to be.

feed line to rail in back
jump from rail to rail in front
line out of other rail to regulator
regulator to tank
I thought about that too but I wasn't sure if there would be enough room to put the reg. on the back side of the rail, and the motor is out right now so I can't check. Also it'd be a bitch to adjust, but I guess that's just a one time thing so not too big of a deal.

I hope to be putting it together sometime next week so I'll figure something out by then.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:31 PM
FormerVendor

Dont need the reg right at the rail just mount it out by the fender on the return line. Your reg. should also have a port for your pressure sensor right on it.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Dont need the reg right at the rail just mount it out by the fender on the return line. Your reg. should also have a port for your pressure sensor right on it.
Only reason I want it on the rail is because I think it looks cleaner that way. And yeah, the pressure sensor is going on the regulator now. Thanks for the input guys.