Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

aeromotive 340 stealth with hot wire kit rwhp??

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aeromotive 340 stealth with hot wire kit rwhp??

i have an aeromotive 340 stealth with a hotwire kit. what rwhp can it support?
Old 10-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Launching!

anyone know?? please help!!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

That’s a real vague question. The answer depends on so many other variables. For starters, what are your mods, elevation, and power goals? The Aeromotive can support a lot but it has limits like everything else, that you will reach sooner or later depending on your setup.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bravolistick
That’s a real vague question. The answer depends on so many other variables. For starters, what are your mods, elevation, and power goals? The Aeromotive can support a lot but it has limits like everything else, that you will reach sooner or later depending on your setup.
i am at 11.5 to 1 compression i have a ms4 cam with 36 lb injectors and i am going to be spraying a 300 shot at the car. the car should be around 750 rwhp
Old 10-07-2011, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

Don’t know if this matters in relation to spray but, in order to make those numbers thru boost one would definitely need bigger injectors. Perhaps the same is true with nitrous...IDK...
I don’t know about that much spray on 11.5:1 k/r either...If the above are not a issue, (talk with your tuner) then I wouldn’t worry about it. I made the numbers in my sig with a bap and a 255 Walbro, meth and 72lb injectors @ 4300ft. I wouldn’t push just a Walbro past 600whp personally. But then there are others that won’t push past 800whp with a 255, and bap. I have done it with no issues and just installed a aeromotive, and will be tuning soon. The key that bridges the gap for my setup is 100% meth and a good tuner… GL
Old 10-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bravolistick
Don’t know if this matters in relation to spray but, in order to make those numbers thru boost one would definitely need bigger injectors. Perhaps the same is true with nitrous...IDK...
I don’t know about that much spray on 11.5:1 k/r either...If the above are not a issue, (talk with your tuner) then I wouldn’t worry about it. I made the numbers in my sig with a bap and a 255 Walbro, meth and 72lb injectors @ 4300ft. I wouldn’t push just a Walbro past 600whp personally. But then there are others that won’t push past 800whp with a 255, and bap. I have done it with no issues and just installed a aeromotive, and will be tuning soon. The key that bridges the gap for my setup is 100% meth and a good tuner… GL
ok. thank you very much for your help. how do you install a bap??
Old 10-07-2011, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

You might be interested in the following:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/sites/li...de%20v4.41.pdf

http://www.lingenfelter.com/sites/li...ump%20v0.6.pdf

http://site.brenspeed.com/instructions/fuelpumptech.pdf
Old 10-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Launching!

thanks a lot. can you run a bap without having boost? will it work by reading fuel pressure?
Old 10-07-2011, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Yes, Its vacuum actuated. I don't think it can be used any other way.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default BAP trigger

You can trigger a BAP off of almost any type of switch.

The BAP's normally come in two forms. One with a 4-5 psi pressure switch for boosted engines (turbocharger or supercharger) and the other with a vacuum switch for naturally aspirated applications. The vacuum switch trips at around 90 kPa if I recall correctly. The vacuum switch is adjustable as well.

The only differences between the kits is the supplied switch. You can use some other switch, like a TPS switch or a higher pressure boost switch if you want it to trigger some other way. You can also use a combination of switches. For example we sometimes use a RPM switch combined with a pressure switch so that the BAP doesn't trigger until higher RPM since even in boost at low rpm most fuel systems can supply enough fuel. On some big pumps this is important because you want to make sure you have enough alternator output when it goes into high voltage mode (more current load on the low voltage side).

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by n2ols1cam
thanks a lot. can you run a bap without having boost? will it work by reading fuel pressure?

Last edited by Jason Haines @ LPE; 10-09-2011 at 07:09 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-09-2011, 07:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Fuel pressure activation of BAP

I have never used a fuel pressure sensor or switch to activate a BAP but that could be done as well but you would need to monitor the pressure and figure out when you want it to activate. In order to have enough hysteresis so it isn't turning on and off all the time you would probably have to let the fuel pressure drop fairly low (probably at least 5 or 10 psi below your target pressure) before you activated the BAP.

You would probably not be able to use a fuel pressure switch based system on older vacuum referenced regulator fuel systems since they drop fuel pressure with engine vacuum so that would trigger the BAP exactly when you don't need it (partial throttle). I guess you could use the fuel pressure switch in combination with an intake manifold pressure switch so it only activated when under load and when fuel pressure dropped.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:21 AM
Launching!

thank you very much for the great information. i was planing on using the bap on a n/a set up. is there a manually controled bap? one when i can turn it up only when in spraying the car.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Manual BAP control

You could trigger the BAP off a manually controlled switch instead of a vacuum (Hobbs) switch or a TPS switch but why risk it (forget to flip the switch and run lean on nitrous).

Why not have the BAP triggered by a vacuum switch and your nitrous activation or just by the nitrous activation alone?

We normally set the BAP's to the maximum voltage which is around 16.7 to 17 volts on the standard models (they have 20-21 volt models too). Since you aren't running the pump at 16.7 volts all the time, the impact on durability of the pump is fairly low. We have seen very good durability on most pumps with voltage boosting. We had some testing done on some of the TI/Walbro pumps and we ended up stopping the testing because we had logged so many hours at elevated voltage (on a group of pumps) without failure.

thank you very much for the great information. i was planing on using the bap on a n/a set up. is there a manually controled bap? one when i can turn it up only when in spraying the car.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Launching!

good point, ill just set it up to kick on when i arm the nitrous. what kind of power can my pump handle when i do a bap? also what does a bap cost?

Quick Reply: aeromotive 340 stealth with hot wire kit rwhp??