Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix vs walboro 255

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Racetronix vs walboro 255

Quick question I currently have a racetronix walboro 255 in the car now and I am getting ready to add a second pump to the mix. Is there any difference in the racetronix version other than the case? I would like to just pick up a regular walboro as they cost less than the racetronix. Or am I going to have to spring for the second racetronix version?
Old 01-26-2012, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Pumps should be the exact same. The sleeve and the install kit is different for the RT kit. Watch out for the china knock-off Walbros. I hear they are running rampant.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Purchase the pump from a vendor who supports these forums.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

That is my plan no ebay for this just wanted to make sure that the pump design wasnt different. Thanks for the input
Old 01-27-2012, 12:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Preston99WS6
Quick question I currently have a racetronix walboro 255 in the car now and I am getting ready to add a second pump to the mix. Is there any difference in the racetronix version other than the case? I would like to just pick up a regular walboro as they cost less than the racetronix. Or am I going to have to spring for the second racetronix version?

Our pump has a jet-pump feed system which is unique. Off-the-shelf Walbro pumps do not have this feature. You can not use two in-tank pumps and maintain the jet-pump system. Please read our web ad which explains this function.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...PA-001&eq=&Tp=

If you chose to remove your system and replace it with two standard Walbro 255LPH pumps we offer them in our web store as well starting at $87.50 each:

http://www.racetronix.biz/items.asp?...atus=0&Tp=&Bc=

We carry a full range of filter socks, connectors fittings and wiring as well:

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 01-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Racetronix pumps cost more because of the modifications they do to them so that you can retain the factory venturi system that keeps the bucket full of gas even when the tank is low. For that reason alone (and it would be a reliability thing), I would get the Racetronix pump.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
The Racetronix pumps cost more because of the modifications they do to them so that you can retain the factory venturi system that keeps the bucket full of gas even when the tank is low. For that reason alone (and it would be a reliability thing), I would get the Racetronix pump.
Agreed, nothing like being low on fuel, making a moderate corner, and having the car stall. lol.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

I just recently installed a Racetronix 255 pump in a friends SS on a fuel system swap I did on his car. Seems to work great. I personally just went with a single 340 Aeromotive pump because it's way better then a 255 for the power I am making.

For a few dollars more, just get the 340 pump
Old 01-27-2012, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Our pump has a jet-pump feed system which is unique. Off-the-shelf Walbro pumps do not have this feature. You can not use two in-tank pumps and maintain the jet-pump system. Please read our web ad which explains this function.

If you chose to remove your system and replace it with two standard Walbro 255LPH pumps we offer them in our web store as well starting at $87.50 each:

Okay so looks like I am going to have to ditch the current pump as well then and just go with two of your 255s then. Looks like we will be doing some business soon.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Launching!

My build is a 99SS I just did a fast 102mm intake manifold swap, SLP CAI, pacesetter longtubes, TSP ypipe, and SLP loud mouth II exhaust. Next is a yank converter and LSA comp cam swap. I also have a FAST precsion flow 36LB HR injectors waiting to install before the tune. What fuel pump should I go with? racetronix 255 pump???also would is that all I need to purchase is the pump? should I get some aftermarket fuel filters? What is a Racetronix fuel pump assembly? do I need to get one of those too? Also what does LB-HR mean on the fuel injectors?
Old 01-29-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by D14HUGGER.ORANGE
My build is a 99SS I just did a fast 102mm intake manifold swap, SLP CAI, pacesetter longtubes, TSP ypipe, and SLP loud mouth II exhaust. Next is a yank converter and LSA comp cam swap. I also have a FAST precsion flow 36LB HR injectors waiting to install before the tune. What fuel pump should I go with? racetronix 255 pump???also would is that all I need to purchase is the pump? should I get some aftermarket fuel filters? What is a Racetronix fuel pump assembly? do I need to get one of those too? Also what does LB-HR mean on the fuel injectors?
Racetronix pump should supply the 36# injectors just fine, lb/hr means how much fuel weight they can move for instance a gallon of gasoline weighs 7.29 pounds hypothetically if the injectors were flowing at there max capacity of 36 pounds of gasoline per hour or if you convert that to gallons would be 4.93 gallons/hour per injector. These ratings are done usually at 45 psi at the fuel rail, LS pressure is 58 so they should put out a little more. Your stock fuel filter will be fine I put down over 500rwhp on mine just change it out if it hasn't been done in a while so it doesn't hurt your performance on the dyno. Hope this helps.

If your interested in a real racetronix pump I am getting ready to pull mine in a week or two to install the non venturi 255 walboro pumps all you would need is the racetronix harness to hook it all up. Mine has 15K miles on it and works great.

Last edited by Preston99WS6; 01-29-2012 at 07:43 PM. Reason: added more
Old 07-01-2016, 03:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Racetronix

Hi man. I am in a HUGE time crunch and need to talk to you ASAP. I supercharged my 2002 c5 z06 (a&a v3si kit) and i have a kennebell boostApump and a walbro 255 from amazon installed. I went to dynotune it today and ar 4800rpm my fuel pressure plummeted to the 40s. My tuner said i need more fuel pressure but im confused because tons of guys make 600+ just fine with the 255+boostApump. Whats going wrong here? Car made 511whp at 5500rpm before the powerband which is where my tuner let off because fuel pressure kept dropping.

Please help!! So lost! Please text or call (925)766-7694. It would be a miracle for me if you could get back to me asap. Im in another state and mt whole schedule is backed up because of this. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2016, 03:42 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CHRIS925
Hi man. I am in a HUGE time crunch and need to talk to you ASAP. I supercharged my 2002 c5 z06 (a&a v3si kit) and i have a kennebell boostApump and a walbro 255 from amazon installed. I went to dynotune it today and ar 4800rpm my fuel pressure plummeted to the 40s. My tuner said i need more fuel pressure but im confused because tons of guys make 600+ just fine with the 255+boostApump. Whats going wrong here? Car made 511whp at 5500rpm before the powerband which is where my tuner let off because fuel pressure kept dropping.

Please help!! So lost! Please text or call (925)766-7694. It would be a miracle for me if you could get back to me asap. Im in another state and mt whole schedule is backed up because of this. Thanks!
Did you cut big holes in the bottom of your module to make sure fuel could get to the Walbro 255LPH pump? If you put a generic Walbro pump in there that was not specifically designed to work with the C5 module ...

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<

Last edited by Racetronix; 07-02-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Racetronix vs walboro 255