Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Siemens deka injector failure.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Siemens deka injector failure.

How many of you have experienced failures? Car currently has 60lb injectors. Initially thought i had a start up timing problem. Acted like it was kicking back during cranking. Then it kicked the starter off the block and broke the mount like typical ls1 fashion. Upon further inspection the engine was hydrolocked with gas in cylinder num3. Logic probe shows no ground to the injector. The current set in it has around 1500mi on them. And No miles since the new build has been complete.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:59 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Anything is possible, but they're generally very reliable.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Wyocattech
How many of you have experienced failures? Car currently has 60lb injectors. Initially thought i had a start up timing problem. Acted like it was kicking back during cranking. Then it kicked the starter off the block and broke the mount like typical ls1 fashion. Upon further inspection the engine was hydrolocked with gas in cylinder num3. Logic probe shows no ground to the injector. The current set in it has around 1500mi on them. And No miles since the new build has been complete.
Guys the real Siemens are very reliable. But, the Chinese counterfiets are not. Most of you could not tell the difference, but failures like this are common. There are many sellers selling these as genuine Siemens injectors. They even say deka right on them. I would suggest buying them from reputable dealers. If the price is under 300 for a set of 8 new ones I would venture to say they are phonies.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

is there any way to visibly tell them apart? I just paid for a "new in box" set of injectors from the classifieds here, I'm going to ask the seller where he bought them from new, but just looking for another option for confirming their legitimacy in case he doesn't know.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:23 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by chazzychaz
is there any way to visibly tell them apart? I just paid for a "new in box" set of injectors from the classifieds here, I'm going to ask the seller where he bought them from new, but just looking for another option for confirming their legitimacy in case he doesn't know.
no really they are visibly like the good rolex knockoffs. every mark is the same . but the plastic is different..
Old 03-23-2013, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

I bought these from speed inc. Should be the real deal. ill pull one and see if they say deka on them.

Last edited by Wyocattech; 03-23-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Wyocattech
I bought these from speed inc. Should be the real deal. ill pull one and see if they say deka on them.
You have no problem with those, I can tell you they are genuine. No worries
Old 03-24-2013, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Yeah thays the problem. I did check it says deka on it. One injector stuck open and hydrolocked my engine. Broke the starter and mount off. And just havent had time to check for internal damage yet. Really was just seeing if anyone else has had an issue
Old 03-25-2013, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had a Siemens 60lb injector fail on my on my old 5.3 about a month ago. Melted #5 piston.

Quick Reply: Siemens deka injector failure.