Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

LS1 fuel rail with corvette filter/fpr question

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 fuel rail with corvette filter/fpr question

Hello all,

I am in the process of a LS swap into a Mustang and have a 5.3 with an LS1 rail and FPR on it. I have already ran my feed and return lines to and from my S10/vette filter/regulator combo.

My question is whether or not the two pressure regulators will work together or against each other. I want to make sure I have consistent pressure in the rail obviously.

If I should get rid of the rail FPR is there a delete or block-off I could use or would it be easier/better to just use an LS2 style rail all together?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2014, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Anybody home?
Old 01-22-2014, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Only run one fuel pressure regulator.
Do not use the in line Corvette regulator.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:49 AM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

Have a picture? Are you running a return less rail? Talking about the fuel dampener, or actual regulator?
Old 01-22-2014, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Forcefed86
Have a picture? Are you running a return less rail? Talking about the fuel dampener, or actual regulator?
Standard LS1 style rail. The larger spring loaded area I assumed was a regulator. Correct me if I am wrong please.

(I just did some searching on this and I guess that is indeed a dampener. I had never heard anybody mention that before. So I guess I am good to go?)

Last edited by TopNotchLSX; 01-22-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:26 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by TopNotchLSX
Standard LS1 style rail. The larger spring loaded area I assumed was a regulator. Correct me if I am wrong please.

(I just did some searching on this and I guess that is indeed a dampener. I had never heard anybody mention that before. So I guess I am good to go?)
Some of the older vettes had an actual return and regulator.

That is the same rail I run. That is a fuel pulse dampener I believe, not a regulator. Yours is a dead head system with the pump/regulator assy in the fuel tank. If you want to run an aftermarket regulator on that rail…

You need a multiport regulator. Then run your supply and return line to the regulator itself. Then run a supply off the extra ports on the regulator to the rail.

Mallory 4305M works well.

Like this…

Old 01-22-2014, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

That is what I needed to know. As I said I have the vette style filter/regulator and do not plan to use an aftermarket regulator for this rail. Eventually I will re-do the system with billet rails and all new fittings, lines, and a regulator. As long as the current parts will work together I will be happy. I learn something new everyday! Thank ya sir!
Old 01-22-2014, 03:19 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by TopNotchLSX
That is what I needed to know. As I said I have the vette style filter/regulator and do not plan to use an aftermarket regulator for this rail. Eventually I will re-do the system with billet rails and all new fittings, lines, and a regulator. As long as the current parts will work together I will be happy. I learn something new everyday! Thank ya sir!
Unless the OEM vette regulator has 2 supply ports I don't see how it would work correctly. Do you have a pic of it?
Old 01-22-2014, 06:24 PM
FormerVendor

the vette filter/regulator has line in & return on one side & line out on the other.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

Unless the OEM vette regulator has 2 supply ports I don't see how it would work correctly. Do you have a pic of it?
I am using the S10 filter/regulator combo. 1 supply and return and 1 feed line. Just like the Vette.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Some of the older vettes had an actual return and regulator.

That is the same rail I run. That is a fuel pulse dampener I believe, not a regulator. Yours is a dead head system with the pump/regulator assy in the fuel tank. If you want to run an aftermarket regulator on that rail…

You need a multiport regulator. Then run your supply and return line to the regulator itself. Then run a supply off the extra ports on the regulator to the rail.

Mallory 4305M works well.
I have a 97-98 vette fuel rail. Does that mean I don't need to run a regulator?
I was trying to ask here :
https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...fuel-rail.html

Quick Reply: LS1 fuel rail with corvette filter/fpr question