Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fast rails fitment for Fbody

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 09:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Fast rails fitment for Fbody

I have a few questions and need advise. I have a fast 102 ls3 style going into a Fbody camaro. From what I would find the only issues I will have is finding the adapter to mate the fast rails to the factory ls1 fuel hard line. Am I missing anything else? Also does anyone else make the conversion kit I have located it on Texas-Speed but at $122 that seems a bit steep to me. Whoever has done this before let me know what all it took.

Thanks guys
Old 11-19-2014, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KyleLanter
I have a few questions and need advise. I have a fast 102 ls3 style going into a Fbody camaro. From what I would find the only issues I will have is finding the adapter to mate the fast rails to the factory ls1 fuel hard line. Am I missing anything else? Also does anyone else make the conversion kit I have located it on Texas-Speed but at $122 that seems a bit steep to me. Whoever has done this before let me know what all it took.

Thanks guys
If oh was you I would run a -8an feed line and use the stock feed as a return, just my 2 cents.. only would be little over 100 for a braided line and some fittings.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:52 AM
11 Second Club

so -8 feed from factory supply line to the rails then take the stock feed and use it as a return line if I am understanding you correctly?
Old 11-21-2014, 09:48 AM
TECH Regular

so -8 feed from factory supply line to the rails then take the stock feed and use it as a return line if I am understanding you correctly?
Sorry I meant 6an which is the size of fittings that come one the rail. ,

A. Remove both of your fuel lines (from tank to engine bay) and replace both with 6an braded line- best idea

B. Remove just the factory (return) and run a 6an from tank to engine bay in its place,now use the new 6an as you feed and your old feed will now be your return.

How are you plumbing it into the rails? You can have it many ways but just make sure that the regulater is the last thing on your rail. The injectors actually lean one way (not strait down) so for best results you should run the fuel flow. Is working with the injectors,
Old 11-21-2014, 09:50 AM
TECH Regular

I just took off all my summit racing fittings, there junk don't buy them... go earls or aeromotive, and for the line go fragola or dei.. don't cheap out on this stuff... I did and I am now having,g to replace them all...
Old 11-21-2014, 11:40 AM
11 Second Club

Okay great advice man I really appreciate it. And honestly I have no idea how I am exactly running everything. I have seen some people run factory lines on the car and just run an adapter from the factory line to the rail then I have seen some people replace everything.

Are there huge advantages to replacing all the line vs running factory lines with an adapter to the rails?

I have also tried to find the best way to purchase everything and save some money but seems the kits available cost as much as just piecing together a your own kit so to speak. Any thoughts on that?
Old 11-22-2014, 10:48 AM
TECH Regular

Okay great advice man I really appreciate it. And honestly I have no idea how I am exactly running everything. I have seen some people run factory lines on the car and just run an adapter from the factory line to the rail then I have seen some people replace everything.

Are there huge advantages to replacing all the line vs running factory lines with an adapter to the rails?

I have also tried to find the best way to purchase everything and save some money but seems the kits available cost as much as just piecing together a your own kit so to speak. Any thoughts on that?
You could put as big of rails on it as you want but if you don't upgrade (at least) the feed line or you really aren't able to flow as much fuel, I mean I'm sure you can run stock lines... plus the quick disconnect fittings from aeromotive are like 50 each and the hose ends for braded lines are like 30 , and only one line of braided line is like 50 so it would almost work out the same anyway pricewise, ..and then you won't need to upgrade the line later.

I'm not sure what kit you are looking at but I would piece my own together even if it was little more...

I just did all mine so I'll do I fast guestimate. ..

1-about 10 foot of braided line for feed line $50

2-a fitting to adapt the new feed line at the pump$30

3-6an fitting to connect the new 6an feed to the rail$30

4- fitting to connect your old feed line (now your return) to the rail $30

5- arp thread lock(especially if you will be using summit fittings)$10

6-something to fasten the new line up with,,maybe metal zip ties.. (run away from hot objects like exhaust)

So that's 150ish and you could do it for around 100 I bet if you got all summit brand.

If you don't replace your feed line you will only be saving the 50 the line cost because you still need different fuel fittings either way
Old 11-22-2014, 11:12 AM
TECH Regular

Here's how mines ran. .. 2 things, (you need to run the current flow so it flows with the injector angle not against it)and 2 (make sure that your fuel pressure regulator is the last thing on the rail)since the regulator works by hold in pressure in the system and not pushing any psi in.
Attached Thumbnails Fast rails fitment for Fbody-1122141008a.jpg  
Old 11-22-2014, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

Bump ttt maybe other guys will share there input on whether or not you need to upgrade the feed line to get max flow out of them rails. I think you should even of you don't need the extra flow now, ( you will need it after future mods) which I'm assuming you plan on since you are upgrading your rails.

Btw I forgot to ask why are you running them rails and what are your goals? I just assumed you were gona run boost or nos and that was there need for the extra fuel.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:16 PM
11 Second Club

Great advice man and seems like a well spent $150 IMO.

My goals for now are around 550 na out of an iron 408 but the plan when the funds are available are single turboing everything. I figure since the motor is being finished up now I can upgrade things while I have more room. I would love to ultimatly be able to support around 800hp on pump gas but then again e85 sounds fun too so that is why I am asking around for the fuel side of things.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:28 PM
TECH Regular

Great advice man and seems like a well spent $150 IMO.

My goals for now are around 550 na out of an iron 408 but the plan when the funds are available are single turboing everything. I figure since the motor is being finished up now I can upgrade things while I have more room. I would love to ultimatly be able to support around 800hp on pump gas but then again e85 sounds fun too so that is why I am asking around for the fuel side of things.
I would stay away from e85.. in getting a return soon here,

The extra power e85 provides can be had with a meth injection or just tune the car on 93+torqo and jeep a case of it like you would the meth...

From my experience here are the down falls.

1-Burns fast

2-Hard to find(if you plan to take the car out of your home town)ie. For a car show.

3-Qaulity is never consistent (unless you order a barrel at like $6 a gallon) then your house will smell like e85 ever time you fill up

4-You need all alcohol components (which most after market pumps,fpr,lines,rails,injectors are now days)

Other than that it smells good burning
Old 11-24-2014, 02:58 PM
11 Second Club

Haha well I am not sure the good smell would be worth the headache of all the upgrades required.

Sounds like the best route to go is the pump gas route and piece together a nice fuel system.

Quick Reply: Fast rails fitment for Fbody