Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Any ideas on how to do a very clean looking return style F.S.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 11:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Any ideas on how to do a very clean looking return style F.S.

I don't really like the look of too many braided stainless hoses overpowering the engine compartment. So I was wondering if anyone has some good tips or ideas to keep it as clean as possible. The last thing I want is for it too look gaudy.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few different options. One would be to use braided stainless hoses that have a colored PVC outer core and different color end fittings (rather then blue and red). Another option to limit the amount of hoses would be to keep the factory feed line as the feed line and use the evap line as the return. You'll loose the evap line and have to do a little plumbing at the T in the back, but you won't see it at least.

Matt
Old 10-22-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

as far as routing, look at an LT1 car and see how GM did it.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

I don't have an issue running a 6an return line back to the top of the pump housing. One thing I was wondering though. Could I use an injected bypass regulator up front like the aeromotive AEI-13301? I'm using one for my remote fuel cell and it basically works like a high pressure carb regulator. One inlet, one return, and 3 outlet supplies (one routed to the back of each rail). And it's adjustable from 20-60 psi. The motor I'm trying to feed is only 500rwhp, and I've been told stock rails could handle that. But the problem I'm having with my fuel system has me looking to replace my regulator first. And I'd really prefer to keep from making my engine bay look like an 8an jungle doing so.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:57 AM
FormerVendor

Stock fuel system will support 500rwhp with a good pump in the tank. What problems are you having? No need for -8 at that power at very least run one new -6 even in a nylon line. Use your regulator and stock feed as the return.

Nate
Old 10-24-2005, 02:45 PM
11 Second Club

Hey Nate,
Thanks for piping in. I also heard the 500rwhp thing when I installed my Racetronix PnP setup. But I noticed this year (after installing an electric fuel pressure gauge) that the car will start cold with 60psi of fuel, but after an hour, it drops to ~54psi. WOT after about an hour drops to the mid 40's. I was told it was likely the heat in the engine bay messing with the sender in the fuel pressure gauge, so I installed a local gauge, and verified what I was seeing was true. So right now, since noone thinks it's the racetronix pump, I want to relocate the regulator and hope that's it. Beyond that, I'm stumped.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

My plan in using 1997-8 vette rails, vette braided lines, and using 1998 V6 firebird hardlines. Everything appears to be plug and play at this stage, but i haven't installed them yet, just a dry fit on the bench. the hardlines will require an additional bend 45 degrees to get enough slack for motor movement and make the bend only one axis, not 2. It will require either using the stock EVAP line, or a modification to the V6 one to make it work with the V8 evap.

I haven't installed them yet, and am relying on harlan's old setup as a guide.

http://www.harlan-engineering.com/incon/day3.html

Ryan
Old 10-25-2005, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

I dunno, it just seems like a waste in my situation. All the money people spend to lighten up their cars, and then add 20+ feet of 6an and 8an hoses, fittings, heavier regulators.... all to do the same job. For 600+hp I could understand, but I'm not going to run that hard off the factory fuel system. If I could get that factory regulator to do it's damn job I wouldn't need to add anything.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:54 AM
FormerVendor

I would suspect the pump before going futher I have seen plenty of Walbro pumps fail.

Nate