Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

which injector and fuel pump should i use??

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default which injector and fuel pump should i use??

i have sts turbo running 4lbs right now. have and intercooler and going to turn up the boost in the spring wondering which injector is good i was thinking about 42lbers and a 255 intake fuel pump but what kind should i get???
Old 10-23-2005, 07:06 PM
FormerVendor

My suggestion would be for the Racetronix kit. The kit comes with a new direct fit fuel pump and a new plug and play harness (hotwire kit). Installation is pretty simple and you'll still retain your entire factory functionally of the fuel pump.

Post up your RWHP numbers (if you know them) so we can give you an injector suggestion.

Matt

Originally Posted by blue-ss-camaro
i have sts turbo running 4lbs right now. have and intercooler and going to turn up the boost in the spring wondering which injector is good i was thinking about 42lbers and a 255 intake fuel pump but what kind should i get???
Old 10-24-2005, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

i would like to be good for up to about 550-600 i am planning on doing as cam and heads later on down the road. right now i would say im about 425rwhp. i am going to turn the boost up to about 8lbs. which should get me in the 500rwhp range.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:31 AM
FormerVendor

A set of 42lbers will get you by for a while. If you are looking to make 600 I would go with a set of 60s.

Matt
Old 10-25-2005, 12:48 AM
On The Tree

Sorry to get off track but Im wonder how that sts turbo is? I want to put one in and stay with a low boost so that I wont trash the stock tranny n rear end.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

Get the 60s I have almost the same set up you have and I am running 9 pounds of boost. I have 42s installed right now and they are at 99% at 6000 WOT, I just installed the walbro 255 with the trap door today it really is easier than I thought it would be. I also just bought mototron 60s today, so just from my set up I would lean toward the 60s New Era Performance has them on sale right now ------> look to the left for their website.

Oh and I know everyone on here is saying get the racetronix but it is 160 bucks more and I couldnt see spending that. With the trap door setup I can buy 2 walbros, plus there are a bunch of people on here running the walbro and have had not one problem with it. Oh by the way the fuel pump did help the throttle response and WOT I am not seeing any drop in A/F, but the injectors are still at 99%.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RDISADEIFAN
Sorry to get off track but Im wonder how that sts turbo is? I want to put one in and stay with a low boost so that I wont trash the stock tranny n rear end.

As for the STS I installed it by myself in 1 day. They send you everything you need and its a really good kit IMO.

But like me I told myself that all I wanted was the low 5 pound setting, once you get that rush you want more(and everyone that I talked to about the kit told me "you will want to up the boost" and I said na) so since then I have added FMIC, Meth, Fuel pump, 60 injectors going in.

Last edited by buldogg; 11-01-2005 at 12:24 AM.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:54 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Racetronix is one of the few injector distributors who actually flow-matches their own injectors. We have the 60's on sale for $54.99 each in 1% matched sets (regular $59.99ea). Some vendors use cryptic words like 'grouped' or bundled' etc. to leave one with the impression that their injectors are flow-matched when in actual fact they are straight out of the box from Mototron with a +/-5% tolerance. Racetronix is also able to provide offset injectors to address cylinder A/F (EGT) variations upon special request.

There are a few posts in this forum from people who have cut up their bucket to install a generic Walbro pump and have run into starvation and other types of problems. Considering that a generic Walbro is apx. $100.00 and the F99-FPA is valued at $159.99 (bundled with harness for $249.99) there is quite a bit of added value, functionality and performance there for a nominal price difference.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 11-01-2005, 04:56 PM
10 Second Club

i am in the same boat for 7o5$ i can have a perfect performing fuel kit from race tronix that will hold 700 hp?? with the 65 pound injectors.....correct or i can go another way with 2 walbros and 60 to 65 pound injectors for around the same price, The question is how much harder would it be to do that then just get the racetronix kit and more expensive??
Old 11-01-2005, 05:04 PM
10 Second Club

also i have a stock bootom end with lq9 heads and zo6 cam what would be a safe yet effective boost?? with and with out meth with the kit from street killer??
Old 11-01-2005, 08:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have 10's of thousands of customers running the pump and install kits that we sell without issues , and the same goes for the Mototron #60's (which we are running a huge sale on right now). Everything is in stock and will ship the same day as ordered . As for a hotwire kit to up the voltage to your pump , we also have those for $59.95 so it will support a higher power level as well . By the way , here is the website address for ordering :

www.neweraperformanceparts.com

If you would like to call to order or for questions 585-865-1832 .
Old 11-01-2005, 10:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by TondSS
i am in the same boat for 7o5$ i can have a perfect performing fuel kit from race tronix that will hold 700 hp?? with the 65 pound injectors.....correct or i can go another way with 2 walbros and 60 to 65 pound injectors for around the same price, The question is how much harder would it be to do that then just get the racetronix kit and more expensive??
If you are looking for a DP system some dealers will be building them with Racetronix components very soon!

>WEB SITE<
Old 11-02-2005, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

ok here my problem i want to run the 60 lbers but only have the power to run 42lbers is there any way to dil these back until i get more power to max the 60lbers out.if i get the 42lbers i will be running at 99% at wot right now then if i do more mods i need the 60lbers. so can I have someone proogram the computer to run the 60lbers and not run pig rich.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by blue-ss-camaro
ok here my problem i want to run the 60 lbers but only have the power to run 42lbers is there any way to dil these back until i get more power to max the 60lbers out.if i get the 42lbers i will be running at 99% at wot right now then if i do more mods i need the 60lbers. so can I have someone proogram the computer to run the 60lbers and not run pig rich.
Yes, you can have your tuner adjust the the 60's for your current build of motor / HP.

>WEB SITE<