Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

is there a double pump set up for the ls1 tanks???

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is there a double pump set up for the ls1 tanks???

Im looking at building a fuel set up with 2 pump and 2 indevidual rails, has anybody found a double in tank pump system??? or will i ave to run external pump set up now??? would it be easier to run a truck fuel rail from the 5.3 or somehting that has the 1" fuel rails?? (to avoid) the fuel starvation at high boost. IM looking at 14+ psi boost btw
Old 12-06-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Run a search, there are many posts on how to do the walbro dual intank pump. But the best way is to run them to a Y block and into 1 line that goes up front, and 1 return. You won't max it out with 14psi, that's for sure.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Launching!

ok then cool i was looking for pictures on how to set up the intank set up ?????? anyone have any pics please post thanks.... plus this is in a 2002 fuel tanks with that stupid white plastic canister thing around the unit so it doesnt starve i guess i dono but what do i do with this?? im also an avid twisty raod driver alot and i think with more power i will be into it more as well so im not sure about baffles and such maybe i can fit two pumps in there somehow??? will the two pumps be ok pushing fuel through the stock lines or what should i be looking at doing to connect a larger line from the sending unit i cant change the plasstic tubing on mine is there a different unit i can use?? thanks.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Generally you upgrade to braided lines when you do a fuel system upgrade for big HP. That along with fuel rails and injectors. There are several threads with pics of the dual intank pump setup. Do a search.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Launching!

i have done a search sorry the picture dont come up for me for some reason.... i forgot to mention that apparently lol soryr but ya, im in the middle of designing a fuel rail set up off of a cavalier they have bigger rails and have the angle on the injectors i need and i can run them independantly, each one can have a different regulator , yes i know ur thinkin a waist of time and money but i dont think many ppl have used the idea of 2 rails with seperate regulators just something different, but i might end up running the 5.3 fuel rails as i see they are 1" hahaha shouldnt run low on fuel with amounts like that sitting around the injectors.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:31 PM
Launching!

i was also wondering if you run a dual in tanke set up how does it push the fuel thtough that stock outlet line size??? or do you replace the fuel sender with soemthing different?? i am dealing with plastic here not metal seems i forgot to mention alot of things i guess just keep asking i will get it all out
Old 12-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Launching!

anybody run a dual walbro set up that has figured out how to feed it through that stock outlet on the plastic ls1 tanks???
Old 12-16-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 93formto98T/A
Run a search, there are many posts on how to do the walbro dual intank pump. But the best way is to run them to a Y block and into 1 line that goes up front, and 1 return. You won't max it out with 14psi, that's for sure.

i did.
several times.

the problem is the thread LOOKS like it has a answer, but its really just a bunch of people telling others to do a search.

ive only found mightymouses (i think) webshots pics... no written text either, just the pics.

thats about it. im sure theres more info somewhere, but its not easy to find.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:47 AM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

Maybe I will do a dual pump writeup to add to my other single one shortly.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NicD

that would be excellent.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We installed a single pump in a gto ( with a slight bucket mod. ), with also new fuel rails, regulator and return line. We ran 16 psi on the dyno with plenty of fuel. I would think you would have the same results, should have no problem @ 14, but I guess all engine combos are different.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Launching!

ok kool I have fabed up a dual rail set up so far out of 2 cavalier rail yes that is right guys cavalier lol i got them off of two of those neet ecotec engines hahaha im going to use both fuel regulators, just use a y into them and y them back together them back to the tank that should work good i think hahahaha and well I am wondering what you used for the 16psi now ???? a walbro 340 or something ?? and what mods did you do to the bucket?? looks like most ppl take the bucket off but i didnt think this was able to be done but i only looked at mine for about 5 minuts when i did my motor swop and stuff so ya i guess if your running 16 psi i should be ok too but i will watch my numbers close when i get it running again in the spring. but pleaselet me know what you did to the bucket if u please and what fuel pump you used would be much appreciated as i dont want to get into an inline set up yet. I know you guys might say im goin gover kill but im planing on doing this once and right so i can use it later you know budget building i call it money management hahaha
Old 01-05-2006, 06:27 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out www.lonniesperformance.com he has a Racetronix dual pump that is plug and play.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:03 AM
Staging Lane

Anybody put the dual in their truck?

mike
Old 01-13-2006, 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

Fuel section def needs more stickey's
my search bar has gone retarded
Old 01-14-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats a good pic I have of the setup. You run the 2 pumps into a a Y-block then out of the Y-block would be a -8(or what ever size your running) bulk head where you new feed line would hook up to. You just have to drill the hole on top of the pump housing for the bulk head to fit in.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

heres another thread with some pics. https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection/395176-finally-got-dual-intank-255-s-pics-inside.html
Old 01-19-2006, 09:16 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bifster
Im looking at building a fuel set up with 2 pump and 2 indevidual rails, has anybody found a double in tank pump system??? or will i ave to run external pump set up now??? would it be easier to run a truck fuel rail from the 5.3 or somehting that has the 1" fuel rails?? (to avoid) the fuel starvation at high boost. IM looking at 14+ psi boost btw

I didnt read the whole thread....... But fwiw I just recieved my dual intank setup from racetronix 2 days ago and it is NIIIIIIICE! My shop emailed them about an assembly about a week ago, got back a response SAME DAY, my guy paypal'd them same day, and it went out SAME DAY, recieved it in about 4-5 days (they just happened to have one in stock ) You WILL be charged a deposit for your old assembly, but don't worry, when you return your old setup, you'll be credited back that amount. BTW mine also included a hobbs switch (not sure all DP units include one) So when I activate the nitrous, the second pump comes on

good luck

Dame
Old 01-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Teching In

Bad information.

Last edited by onfire; 01-19-2006 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dame
I didnt read the whole thread....... But fwiw I just recieved my dual intank setup from racetronix 2 days ago and it is NIIIIIIICE! My shop emailed them about an assembly about a week ago, got back a response SAME DAY, my guy paypal'd them same day, and it went out SAME DAY, recieved it in about 4-5 days (they just happened to have one in stock ) You WILL be charged a deposit for your old assembly, but don't worry, when you return your old setup, you'll be credited back that amount. BTW mine also included a hobbs switch (not sure all DP units include one) So when I activate the nitrous, the second pump comes on

good luck

Dame
DAME can you post some pictures/new thread, of this set up am currious to see it. Like to see how they managed to get 2 pumps in the bucket with out cutting it up, and still use the venturi-siphon fill function. Along with the rest of there mods.