Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

rearend brackets

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rearend brackets

has anyone taken all there brackets and welded them on like a 9' or 12 bolt and then just ordered a center section with a torque arm mount? thanks
Old 12-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Banned

The torque arm mount welds on the housing of a 9"

On the 12 bolt it's cast into the center section. Trust me, you are not going to press axle tubes into a 12 bolt center section unless you are an axle fabrication shop.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

so u cant take the lower control arm brackets and panhard bar bracket etc etc and weld on a rearend and order a center section from moser or somewhere?
Old 12-30-2008, 03:08 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A "center section" does not include the axle tubes. What is it you want to buy, a bare housing with tubes and no brackets welded on?
Old 12-30-2008, 03:26 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

This is what the center section look like. Bob
Old 12-30-2008, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ss1
A "center section" does not include the axle tubes. What is it you want to buy, a bare housing with tubes and no brackets welded on?
well i got some of my dads buddies that i drag race with and one of them has a 9" he told me i could have it ,nothing wrong with it and i was going to convert all brackets over to that if anyone has successfully done it and if so i was going to do this cause i have a buddy that has been a fabricator for 25 +yrs ,was my idea......
Old 12-30-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

just curious if someone has sucessfully swapped the brackets and i was going to attempt it if not when i get ready for the rearend to be put in i will be going with bob at epp, since on any of my questions on a rearend he has always responed first before any other sponors thanks
Old 12-30-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Finding new brackets is very tough to do and reusing 10 bolt brackets probably isn't feesable, most likely the tube size will be different. You could have new brackets fabricated or contact a fabricator that builds rears for our cars.

Last edited by Kevin97ss; 10-18-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by aksz71
so u cant take the lower control arm brackets and panhard bar bracket etc etc and weld on a rearend and order a center section from moser or somewhere?
Seems to be a bit of confusion here.

Yea you can cut brackets off and old rear and weld them onto another one. I've done it several times with an abrasive wheel, not a torch--sloppy cut.

You could cut the LCA and PHB brackets off an F-Body rear and weld them to a 9" Then buy you a nice shiney center section from EPP, put it all together, put it under the car, start bolting it up.

At some point you're going to realize THE 9" CENTER SECTION DOES NOT COME WITH A TORQUE ARM MOUNT!
---------------------------------------------------
How many times does this need to come up in this forum. It's always the same ****.
Can get a good rear for cheap--whats it take to put it under an F-Body with a torque arm.
It's so freaking iroinic that EVERYONE who has this idea ALSO has a good friend who is a MASTER FABRICATOR.

If you know a MASTER FABRICATOR then you should have this person look at both rears and tell you whether he can do it or not.

But I'm guessing the reason this comes up as a forum question is because the MASTER FABRICATOR friend is a line of bullshit.

And as usual people get all pissed off at me for telling the facts.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
Seems to be a bit of confusion here.

Yea you can cut brackets off and old rear and weld them onto another one. I've done it several times with an abrasive wheel, not a torch--sloppy cut.

You could cut the LCA and PHB brackets off an F-Body rear and weld them to a 9" Then buy you a nice shiney center section from EPP, put it all together, put it under the car, start bolting it up.

At some point you're going to realize THE 9" CENTER SECTION DOES NOT COME WITH A TORQUE ARM MOUNT!
---------------------------------------------------
How many times does this need to come up in this forum. It's always the same ****.
Can get a good rear for cheap--whats it take to put it under an F-Body with a torque arm.
It's so freaking iroinic that EVERYONE who has this idea ALSO has a good friend who is a MASTER FABRICATOR.

If you know a MASTER FABRICATOR then you should have this person look at both rears and tell you whether he can do it or not.

But I'm guessing the reason this comes up as a forum question is because the MASTER FABRICATOR friend is a line of bullshit.

And as usual people get all pissed off at me for telling the facts.
master fabricator???? umm i havent even talked to him about this but i could get him 2 and know he could do it dude, and i am not every ******* person with this so called master fabricator with his also idea and my also idea,, AND I NOT GETTING MAD AT YOU FOR TELLING THE FACTS EITHER but this is what my FACTS STATE dont have to get ur panties in a wad over a lil question that i didnt see earlier were u said about the ta mount is not on the 9" center section but o let me guess your facts will say read and then i will get mad at you for stating the facts.. yea sounds about right for you to say, its not like i keep up with a center section with a freaking ta mount on it like o i so wonder if that car etc etc has a ta mount on its center section,alright
Old 12-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Banned

master fabricator???? umm i havent even talked to him about this but i could get him 2 and know he could do it dude, and i am not every ******* person with this so called master fabricator with his also idea and my also idea,, AND I NOT GETTING MAD AT YOU FOR TELLING THE FACTS EITHER but this is what my FACTS STATE dont have to get ur panties in a wad over a lil question that i didnt see earlier were u said about the ta mount is not on the 9" center section but o let me guess your facts will say read and then i will get mad at you for stating the facts.. yea sounds about right for you to say, its not like i keep up with a center section with a freaking ta mount on it like o i so wonder if that car etc etc has a ta mount on its center section,alright
So ******* pissed you can't even type words right.
Look I ANSWER every question about 'can I bolt a $50 whatever into my f body"
Everyone else either ignores it (smart thing to do) or says do a search.
I'm wasting MY TIME.

Now YOU go pull your panties out of YOUR *** because it's making you type funny.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
So ******* pissed you can't even type words right.
Look I ANSWER every question about 'can I bolt a $50 whatever into my f body"
Everyone else either ignores it (smart thing to do) or says do a search.
I'm wasting MY TIME.

Now YOU go pull your panties out of YOUR *** because it's making you type funny.
pissed? ha ya if i was a **** like you i would be,i got better things to do then to worry about some smartass **** that wants to get so called everyone mad at him cause he answered a question o wow who gives a rats ***, ur the dipshit that gets mad at ppl for something they may not have known because they mite have not understand how one person says something and they dont get it some ppl are like that ya know, and i know u can swap brackets off of one onto another i had a shock mount break on my other truck one time my thing was has ppl done it and did a center section swap(but guess what i didnt know u had to weld the ta mount on) and was wondering if anyone had sucess with it holding up simple lil question,(o my bad i am typing funny ,lil means little sorry to confuse ya) o and when i woke up this morning i pulled my panties out of my *** i didnt know it was that bad thanks for noticing ,stupid ****
Old 12-31-2008, 02:08 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

The torque arm mount is the whole problem with converting a non torque arm designed rear to a torque arm equipped car. The torque arm bracket on a nine inch is pictured below. Moser does not sell the torque arm mount or bracket separately. Bob

Old 12-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Banned

pissed? ha ya if i was a **** like you i would be,i got better things to do then to worry about some smartass **** that wants to get so called everyone mad at him cause he answered a question o wow who gives a rats ***, ur the dipshit that gets mad at ppl for something they may not have known because they mite have not understand how one person says something and they dont get it some ppl are like that ya know, and i know u can swap brackets off of one onto another i had a shock mount break on my other truck one time my thing was has ppl done it and did a center section swap(but guess what i didnt know u had to weld the ta mount on) and was wondering if anyone had sucess with it holding up simple lil question,(o my bad i am typing funny ,lil means little sorry to confuse ya) o and when i woke up this morning i pulled my panties out of my *** i didnt know it was that bad thanks for noticing ,stupid ****
Old 12-31-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
The torque arm mount is the whole problem with converting a non torque arm designed rear to a torque arm equipped car. The torque arm bracket on a nine inch is pictured below. Moser does not sell the torque arm mount or bracket separately. Bob

alright thank you bob thats what i was wondering when i started this thread thanks...
Old 12-31-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I seen a torque arm that mounted to the front cover on a 9 inch. Anyone else ever see the one i am talking about?
Old 12-31-2008, 06:41 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98silvertacrbn
I seen a torque arm that mounted to the front cover on a 9 inch. Anyone else ever see the one i am talking about?
I would think that could possibly cause some unwanted stresses on the cover. Bob
Old 12-31-2008, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

AKSZ71
you may like to try
http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...e.aspx?id=1595
good luck. Johnny
Old 12-31-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

stupid ****