Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

axel replacement bearing problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question axel replacement bearing problems

has anyone ever had any problems with a sqeaking noise from the drivers side when making right turns? i replaced the passangers side no problems. but the drivers side was hell to get the c clip in now it makes noise really low speeds and while making right turns and goes away when making left turns...
Old 01-21-2009, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

anyone gotta clue?
Old 01-21-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have the same problem... and have no idea what it is... actually it went away this winter but im not sure what i did to fix it...
the only thing i messed with really was i tightened the bolt that holds the rear shock in its lower perch deal.... i dont remember if that fixed it or if it just went away over time....
you may check those to see if that is your problem cuz i had one side that was pretty loose...
Old 01-22-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by squeals99
i have the same problem... and have no idea what it is... actually it went away this winter but im not sure what i did to fix it...
the only thing i messed with really was i tightened the bolt that holds the rear shock in its lower perch deal.... i dont remember if that fixed it or if it just went away over time....
you may check those to see if that is your problem cuz i had one side that was pretty loose...
i dont think its the lower shock bolt...cause it started when i replaced the drivers side axel bearing...i guess ill take the bearing out and replace it with a regular axel bearing..these 10bolts suck!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Teching In

may have a bent or worn axle
Old 01-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Teching In

im having the exact same problem,,,new gears ,,new bearings,,new wheels,,only thing left is the axle
Old 01-28-2009, 09:05 PM
10 Second Club

a lot of the times if the bearing goes out it will chew up the axle too. most people dont think to look for that.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Teching In

what would be the outcome if i replace the bearing and re-install the bad axle??,,,i ask because i still have a whine,,and vibration and when i replaced the wheels i noticed that one was bent,,,,is it possible to bend an axle,,and how can i look at it and tell???