Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Quick Performance install A++

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 05:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick Performance install A++

It is a quick performance 9", 3.89, full spool, 35 spline,l i got the rear end in the car and here a some new pics with the rear end and new suspension. oh yeah by the way look over the bird crap lol

Old 03-06-2009, 05:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome man! My QP housing will be here on Monday. I can't wait!!

How was the overall fit and installation? Can you adjust the pinion angle with the heim joints?

Mike
Old 03-06-2009, 07:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Awesome man! My QP housing will be here on Monday. I can't wait!!

How was the overall fit and installation? Can you adjust the pinion angle with the heim joints?

Mike
it fit great, install was easy, yes the pinion angle can be adjusted with the heim joints, just a couple of mistakes i made was that the longer axle goes in the passenger side and i tried to put it in the driver side to start with and just because you have long studs does not mean use can still use acorn nuts on draglites, yeah i f*cked up i messed to studs up and now i have to pull the axle back out and put 2 studs back in. And make sure you have an adjustable panhard bar, the rear end was about 1" to the driver side, so i made a quick adjustment and got it centered up. Overall its great and no gear noise anymore
Old 03-07-2009, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by firefightergib
it fit great, install was easy, yes the pinion angle can be adjusted with the heim joints, just a couple of mistakes i made was that the longer axle goes in the passenger side and i tried to put it in the driver side to start with and just because you have long studs does not mean use can still use acorn nuts on draglites, yeah i f*cked up i messed to studs up and now i have to pull the axle back out and put 2 studs back in. And make sure you have an adjustable panhard bar, the rear end was about 1" to the driver side, so i made a quick adjustment and got it centered up. Overall its great and no gear noise anymore
Cool man, that's good to hear. I have an adjustable PHR already. I also upgraded the studs on mine to 1/2" and 3" long.

From your sig, it looks like you used to have a Moser 9". How can you compare the two of them so far, as far as installation, clearance issues etc.?

Mike
Old 03-07-2009, 03:48 PM
10 Second Club

quick performance much better
Old 03-10-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I recently came across this company on ebay and its looks like a very well built and cost effective way to go for a stout rear end. Especially since you can find a 9" center section just about anywhere for pretty cheap. I definetly plan to go with them when I need a rear in the near future.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:29 PM
11 Second Club

What did you do for the brake lines/ e-brake?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

On mine I made an aluminum L bracket and put it under one of the nuts on the center, on the top right side. I drilled a 5/16 hole in the bracket and used a 1/4 20 bolt and nut through the stock junction block into the bracket. That made it secure and put it out of the way, I bent the lines to where I needed them the stock rear uses the little tabs to hold them but the way I have mine they are clear of everything and do not bounce. i did have to cut the e-brake mounting bracket, just the back part of it, It still mounts in the same location, its just that since the LCA mounting is so much beefier that little bracket would not fit, so I just made mine a straight piece and rotated it up against the axle tube and tightened everything up.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

heres a pic of the little bracket, took 2 minutes to make.
Yes I have an adjustable torque arm on it too, got a great deal on it..
Attached Thumbnails Quick Performance install A++-edited.jpg  
Old 03-10-2009, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RARON455
heres a pic of the little bracket, took 2 minutes to make.
Yes I have an adjustable torque arm on it too, got a great deal on it..
What kind of case and internals are you using?
Old 03-11-2009, 12:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are there any spots for the anti sway bar to mount up too ?
Old 03-11-2009, 05:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am running the nodular case, with ford 3.75 gears and a steel spool that I also got from Quick Performance. by the way the spool on the street is 10 times better than the locker I had. I have a set of hard tires for the street (kuhmos) The hard tires give alot easier than others, so the scrubbing is not as noticable. Honestly most of the time I never even know the spool is there.

Quick Reply: Quick Performance install A++