Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Boooyah! S60 with 4.10's.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Boooyah! S60 with 4.10's.

My wife just took delivery of my S60, I'm in Korea right now.

Looks pretty good. Eric it Midwest Chassis took alot of time with me getting this right, the price was heavy on the wallet but I'm sure I got the best deal around. I wasn't up to buying one of the fabbed rears with wavetrac. I have wanted an S60 for years and finally have one now. I'll be coating it in POR15 before the install to keep it nice.

Specs:

S60, Trutrac, 4.10's, 35 splines, no ABS, standard yoke, I ordered the upgraded cover (is this it?, I was expecting the "S" cover), driveshaft is PTS and steel. They even included the ARP extended studs I requested and delivery was as predicted.

Just a basic setup. I was surprised to see it included new poly endlinks and bushings as well, nice little upgrade although my UMI drag bar will be going in with the install.

I was originally considering a spool but she's still a bit too much of a street car. A little birdy told me that Strange has some stuff in the works, maybe something better than the TrueTrac.

Eric doesn't agree with all the Truetrac bashing that routinely goes on around here. Anyway here's some pics. I'll update later on after the install. In November

Old 08-09-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

That's a killer part..but, it does suck that your not home to enjoy it..
Old 08-10-2010, 02:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by meine96ws6
That's a killer part..but, it does suck that your not home to enjoy it..
Yeah, tell me about it. I'm used to stockpiling parts and coming home and just having one big mod fest.

My stock rear is fine and have never had any problems with it. Best short time was 1.84 on 35 series drag radials. I just didn't think it was worth the cost of buying a gearset, rebuild kit, and then labor to set it up. Last I checked this came out to close to 1k which is 33% of an S60 optioned like mine shipped to a residence.

My ten bolt will have a nice home in my buddies 383ci. TPI third gen. I told him if he could meet me halfway on the backing plates he could have it with the driveshaft. He's happy.

I've built my car with the mindset that if I'm gonna go in to replace one component, just replace them all. Easier that way.

Last edited by joblo1978; 08-10-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:03 AM
On The Tree

Looks great! hopefully, you'll be home soon to install it. I just finished breaking in my S60 last weekend. I finally got on it last night. Man.... with the 4:10s, the redline comes real quick in 1st gear. I bumped the rev limiter accidently

Take care,
Jim
Old 08-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joblo1978

Eric doesn't agree with all the Truetrac bashing that routinely goes on around here. Anyway here's some pics. I'll update later on after the install. In November
Congratz on the Purchase and come back home soon as it is no fun to be away for so long.

As for the Trutrac opinion, I have 2 that are dusted and if anyone wants to buy them from me, feell free to do so. They fit a Moser 12 bolt btw.

In reality IF your not seriously racing the car and not trying to hit the tire hard, you will probably have zero issues with the tru trac. Once you start trying to get up on that tire or have a severe wheel hop issue you will see it rear it's ugly head.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 96onele
Looks great! hopefully, you'll be home soon to install it. I just finished breaking in my S60 last weekend. I finally got on it last night. Man.... with the 4:10s, the redline comes real quick in 1st gear. I bumped the rev limiter accidently

Take care,
Jim
I'm really hoping the 4.10's give it a nice kick in the *** an help the 60'.

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Congratz on the Purchase and come back home soon as it is no fun to be away for so long.

As for the Trutrac opinion, I have 2 that are dusted and if anyone wants to buy them from me, feell free to do so. They fit a Moser 12 bolt btw.

In reality IF your not seriously racing the car and not trying to hit the tire hard, you will probably have zero issues with the tru trac. Once you start trying to get up on that tire or have a severe wheel hop issue you will see it rear it's ugly head.
It's not going to be an all out drag car. But I really plan on putting the wood to it. I would like to hit 10's in good air.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:57 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got off the phone with Strange and asked them about the cover. I guess there is some fitment issues with the S-Cover. I do have one on the way though and I apologize for not knowing they were not going to be sending it.

Looks good and if you have any questions you can always call and ask.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=joblo1978;13713814]A little birdy told me that Strange has some stuff in the works, maybe something better than the TrueTrac.[QUOTE]

Now im quite interested in this statement. Maybe its something that will be in direct competition with the wavetrac. If so that would be sweet since the wavetrac seems to be pretty legit.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
I just got off the phone with Strange and asked them about the cover. I guess there is some fitment issues with the S-Cover.
They told me the Strange aluminum cover is either hit or miss.....however, the LPW cover will definetly hit. I went with the Strange cover....no problems what so ever.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
I just got off the phone with Strange and asked them about the cover. I guess there is some fitment issues with the S-Cover. I do have one on the way though and I apologize for not knowing they were not going to be sending it.

Looks good and if you have any questions you can always call and ask.
Was great working with you guys. You'll be getting my business again for some front drag shocks here soon.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:27 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

No problem and stay safe and thank you for what you are doing.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:25 AM
Banned

I got this cover in. What is that plug on the face of the cover?
Old 08-20-2010, 05:40 AM
On The Tree

That plug is the fill port for the gear oil.