Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Spohn driveshaft not fitting

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spohn driveshaft not fitting

Ok guys, i recently grenaded my 10bolt rear. I purchased a Strange S60 rear end with 4.10s, detroit trutrac etc. I also ordered a spohn chromoly driveshaft ( it is the extreme duty series not the top gun) to go along with the rear. I chose automatic trans with 60 series rear on spohns site. Well I have the rear all bolted into place and I cannot get the driveshaft to fit into the rear yoke. Its like the driveshaft is a little bit to long. So I actually disconnected the sway bar end link and control arm on one side and got the driveshaft in that way. I loaded the suspension (with screw jacks) and measured how much movement ( slip yoke sliding in and out of tranny) and there was only about a 1/16th of an inch of movement which is pretty much nothing. Im just wondering if there is something im missing here or if they sent me the wrong length. I even called them and asked how long the driveshaft should be and then measured it and the measurements were the same, so I am wondering if they put the wrong slip yoke on it. sorry for the long post!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have it shortened at a local shop
Old 09-23-2010, 12:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How long is the DS center to center?

Quick Reply: Spohn driveshaft not fitting