Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

choosing the rigth 9"

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default choosing the rigth 9"

now at days buying a complete 9" in the us and transport it over here is just not an option,

so my plan is to purchase it part for part, starting with the housing and axles,

i always aimed at the mooser 35spline, standart housing, but i must admit i would really like a fabbed housing, or the m9.

as i understand the m9 is only 40spline? and not very street friendly

plz sheare all your wizdome
Old 01-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Thule
now at days buying a complete 9" in the us and transport it over here is just not an option,

so my plan is to purchase it part for part, starting with the housing and axles,

i always aimed at the mooser 35spline, standart housing, but i must admit i would really like a fabbed housing, or the m9.

Call Midwest chassis they have a awesome package! and is totally street able ....I have one top notch work! And if you need any help or advice they are definitely knowledgeable!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

i bin reading the answers from them here on the tech, and checked out there website,

saw they have stock mooser housing w/axles for around 1k, and a fabbed housing for a little more, i must admit i mostly want the fabbed house because it looks much better just a 346cid street car
Old 01-10-2012, 09:26 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We can get you setup with whatever parts or combination you need at a very affordable price. We also will ship international- anything from small parts to a complete assembled rearend.

We have a good deal with a few carriers so sending a complete assembly that is ready to bolt in your car may be your best option. We have quite a few of our rearends in Europe and Middle East so getting you the best will be no problem one way or the other. Shoot us an email with what you are looking to outfit the rearend with and we will get you a quote for all the options.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would do a standard moser 9" if you already have full aftermarket rear suspension, if not m9 or midwest chasis all the way.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

i would buy a complete fabbed rear end yesterday if i could, but with the economic crisis goin on here a desent rear end will cost me from a mininum 5500$-8000$ arriwed to me

so the plan was to try to purchase it part for part slowly, and maybe get it under the car next winter or so,

yeah it makes sense to buy the orginal housing to use my current stuff, but cant i use my umi lca's w/ the fabbed house?

thanks for the answer midwest, i am having trouble finding the page i was checking out few days ago, where i saw the housings, are they not under the "our productions?" section?
Old 01-10-2012, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

call midwest chassis! they can build you an awesome setup for a great price.

i think mine was around 2900...

i went cheap on the differential...went with a stock 31 spline rebuilt ford posi
3.89 gears
strange case
strange axles
back brace

should be able to hold 6-700hp til i replace the differential.

also i DIDNT keep abs brakes....in the process of getting rid of them

the gear has held up well with my setup. roughly 440+ rwhp and 100 shot... through a 6 speed and monster stage 3...
Old 01-10-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

also i went with the short body mount torque arm...
Old 01-10-2012, 11:27 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would buy a complete fabbed rear end yesterday if i could, but with the economic crisis goin on here a desent rear end will cost me from a mininum 5500$-8000$ arriwed to me

so the plan was to try to purchase it part for part slowly, and maybe get it under the car next winter or so,

yeah it makes sense to buy the orginal housing to use my current stuff, but cant i use my umi lca's w/ the fabbed house?

thanks for the answer midwest, i am having trouble finding the page i was checking out few days ago, where i saw the housings, are they not under the "our productions?" section?
http://www.midwestchassis.com/fabricated-9-specs.html

You can use any suspension item with our fabricated nine inch minus a stock style torque arm. The reason we do this is because it is lighter, stronger, and provides more room so you don't run into the issue of the torque arm hitting the floor plan.

You have the option of doing just a housing and torque arm package now or like mentioning you can do a housing and axle package. We have many different options to chose from and many different ways we can set up your rear end housing, torque arm, cross member, and center section.

No other company has the amount of possibilities we have when it comes to out fitting a f-body specific rear end like we can. From center section choices to housing modifications, there is no limit to what we can make happen and build for our customers.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

can i hold the abs with your fabbed housing?
Old 01-10-2012, 03:54 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We can make 3ch or 4ch work with any differential on the market.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can i hold the abs with your fabbed housing?
For the most part, whatever question you have of MWC the answer is yes It's a little extra, but I decided to keep my TCS/4ch...though sometimes I don't know why.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:37 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The Moser M9 can be had in 31 and 35 spline as well as the 40 spline.

http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-9-I...-and-Axles.htm
Standard Moser 9 inch housing and axle package

http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-M9-...using-Axle.htm
Moser M9 housing/axle/torque arm/crossmember package

My prices include shipping here in the 48 continental states. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 01-11-2012, 10:27 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2QuikTA
For the most part, whatever question you have of MWC the answer is yes It's a little extra, but I decided to keep my TCS/4ch...though sometimes I don't know why.
You are pretty much dead on as I am yet to see something custom to a rear end we have not been able to do yet.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

my wife will hate you guys
Old 01-11-2012, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

my wife will hate you guys
lol mine will hate them too when I get mine in Febuary
Old 01-11-2012, 09:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you could have one shipped cheap using a helium balloon.I had great results working with Bob ,great guy.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by garygnu
you could have one shipped cheap using a helium balloon.I had great results working with Bob ,great guy.
Thanks, I appreciate it!

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 01-11-2012, 10:34 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You will be surprised on how cost efficient we are when it comes down to getting a complete assembled rearend overseas. Been there, done that. We have a great deal with a shipping company that will deliver the crate within few days and at a great cost.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

its the taxes here that does it, they add 100% on the price,

my goal is to purchase one of those items to start with

standart 9" mooser housing w/axles and torgue arm bracket, w/swaybar brackets/abs 35spline, around 1200

m9 fabricated housing w/torque arm bracket,

midwest fabbed housing w/axles

what is the price of the midwest fabbed housing w/ axles? w/abs and swaybar brackets?

my car is an early 98, do i have abs rings in the rear? did not se then when i did my 10bolt

here is the current set up