Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Those with 9" and TCS (4 channel) - come in

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Those with 9" and TCS (4 channel) - come in

OK Strange axles too, not sure if Moser is the same. I just pressed on my reluctor wheels and bearing spacers. I used this very helpful thread right here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axl...-assembly.html

BUT, when I slip on the retainer plate (off the old 10 bolt) and think about pressing the seal, bearing, and wedding ring on I arrive at a question: When the time comes, how in the hell am I going to tighten the bolts connecting the retainer plate to the axle tube? Do I need to remove the parking brake shoes? Do I need to have the bolts in the plate before I press everything on?

I guess that's three questions. Thanks in advance for the help.

Bonus question, 1.33" shown in the diagram from reluctor to axle flange, how critical is that? Would 1.32 be sufficient for instance?
Old 07-06-2012, 01:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Call Midwest Chassis

309-382-6252
Old 07-06-2012, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by djfury05
Call Midwest Chassis

309-382-6252
Yeah, I did that yesterday. I think they must be off for the rest of the week?

. . .and I just had a sphincter super nova occur because of this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axl...-question.html

I pressed my **** on the way it is shown in the diagram from Strange. BUT, if you notice in Eric's pictures his reluctor ring is backward from the Strange diagram. . .I really hope it either doesn't matter or Eric's pics are wrong because I do not want to do that again.

What I did find in that thread is that it would appear the bolts (actually nuts, orientation seems to be reverse of the 10 bolt) are accesible with the e-brake shoes off and presumably the shoes can be put back on with everything else in place.

It would be nice is someone could confirm though
Old 09-01-2012, 08:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once all is pressed on, slide axle in. Leave parking brake ring off and you will slide bolt from back thru to hub side. Install nut and tighten. Slide ebrake ring, Horizontally at bottom off hub so its just barely sitting on the guides and slowly rotate it over the hub. Once u get it over the hub, make sure your still in the slots of the EBRAKE guides. If your good with the slots, push towards backing plates and down. Ebrake ring will cath the keep plate on the backing ring. If ya have more questions pm me
Old 09-01-2012, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for bringing this back up as I had forgotten to finish it.

What I am still working on is getting the reluctors just perfect so abs and tcs work. Right now it only works up to 40 mph, I've been slowly prying the reluctors back toward the sensors and getting better performance each time. I am still pressed together per the strange diagram.

Quick Reply: Those with 9" and TCS (4 channel) - come in