Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

MWC Midwest Chassis Fabricated 9" Race Package Feedback ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MWC Midwest Chassis Fabricated 9" Race Package Feedback ?

Please post any feedback you have: Good, Bad, Positive and or Negative!!

Quoting experience?
Ordering experience?
Processing buid date and or Waiting times?
Items properly packed for shipping?
Quality of items delivered?

Thanks to anyone who chimes in!
Old 06-26-2014, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

I spoke to two or three people on the phone. First time I was asking questions and he didn't seem to interested to talk. Don't know who it was. The second two people were very nice and helpful. Still waiting on my 9 in I ordered about 5 or 6 weeks ago, they said itd be done this week but no word yet. I cant wait to get the stuff, looks like nice quality pieces.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Eric set me up with a good deal on mine.. I have to be honest, It's a great package. all of it. but it did take damn near 6 months to get it.

I ordered a K member from them this week, I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow since it was something they had in stock
Old 06-27-2014, 08:01 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow388LT4
Please post any feedback you have: Good, Bad, Positive and or Negative!!

Quoting experience?
Ordering experience?
Processing buid date and or Waiting times?
Items properly packed for shipping?
Quality of items delivered?

Thanks to anyone who chimes in!
Give us a call! We will be more than happy to assist you in the entire process, from the quote all the way to suspension tuning at the track!

We have the highest quality and guaranteed best prices on all of the parts, an by far the best tech help you will ever find.

Rearends are custom built for each customer right here in our shop, and due to the fact we offer more options than any other rearend on the market each setup is done one at a time with high attention to detail. This process can take some time and we do get backed up on orders in the first half of the year as the MWC 9" package has quickly become the most popular aftermarket rearend for the 82-02 f-body cars. We are currently caught up on all orders now and shipping quickly.

There's a reason the record setting 6 second 200+mph cars and many other high end Outlaw Radial and X275 cars are all using MWC rearends and front suspensions. These guys can have anything they want and choose MWC!
Old 06-27-2014, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quality is incredible, took a while to get but he was upfront about it. I changed or made additions to my order 4 times and it was never a problem . Love mine!!
Old 06-27-2014, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

Quote? Spoke with Eric, told him what i wanted to do with the car and he gave me the price and decided it was a good deal!

Order? Took me a couple of days to decide if this is what i wanted and then placed the order with Eric.

Took approximately 6 weeks to build and ship to me.

Shipping? Crated, anchored and in perfect condition when recieved. Just a reminder, if you order and MWC ships this to you make sure when recieving the item inspect it for any damages and note it on the freight ticket before you sign it. This way you can go back on the freight company for damges if something shows up after you remove it from the crate.

Quality? Top notch build, I can say from experience this is a Quality piece.
I ordered mine prior to the 2013 Holley LS Fest and had it just in time to install and do the break in which we finished on the Thursday morning prior to leaving for the race. Drove 500 miles to Bowling Green raced all weekend and drove 500 miles home. (It has a spool to boot)
Old 06-27-2014, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

My stuff should be ready wed
Old 06-27-2014, 08:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

every suspension piece that I have on my car is mwc and will continue to be. Their products are awesome quality. when I ordered my rear he was upfront with me as well and told me their were several ahead of mine. when it came in it was all nicely packed in the crate and bolted where nothing could slide around.

Ive also called numerous times to order additional parts of theirs, and called a few times for help with setting my pinion angle up and adjusting my shocks right. They've been very helpful to me every time I've called. I'm glad I chose to go with them. hope this helps your decision. you cant go wrong with these guys.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Firebirdmuscle
every suspension piece that I have on my car is mwc and will continue to be. Their products are awesome quality. when I ordered my rear he was upfront with me as well and told me their were several ahead of mine. when it came in it was all nicely packed in the crate and bolted where nothing could slide around.

Ive also called numerous times to order additional parts of theirs, and called a few times for help with setting my pinion angle up and adjusting my shocks right. They've been very helpful to me every time I've called. I'm glad I chose to go with them. hope this helps your decision. you cant go wrong with these guys.
Same here, all my suspension will be MWC! they are sometimes hard to get a hold of on the phone but you can always pm them on here, I always do when I cant reach them by phone and they always respond quickly and will always answer your questions. Glad I went with them, if your thinking about any other rear, start pricing them with torque arm, cross member, etc. and the MWC package doesn't seem expensive anymore.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2011grandsport
Quote? Spoke with Eric, told him what i wanted to do with the car and he gave me the price and decided it was a good deal!

Order? Took me a couple of days to decide if this is what i wanted and then placed the order with Eric.

Took approximately 6 weeks to build and ship to me.

Shipping? Crated, anchored and in perfect condition when recieved. Just a reminder, if you order and MWC ships this to you make sure when recieving the item inspect it for any damages and note it on the freight ticket before you sign it. This way you can go back on the freight company for damges if something shows up after you remove it from the crate.

Quality? Top notch build, I can say from experience this is a Quality piece.
I ordered mine prior to the 2013 Holley LS Fest and had it just in time to install and do the break in which we finished on the Thursday morning prior to leaving for the race. Drove 500 miles to Bowling Green raced all weekend and drove 500 miles home. (It has a spool to boot)
Hello,
Thank you for all of your great input!
I guess I should have done a little more research, (On a good forum like this one!) before I placed my order so that I would be able to ask all of the right questions. .

I was also informed at time of order that my rear end assembly and other items would be shipped truck freight . . But my items were delivered via UPS and thrown around like an old rag doll during shipping and damaged packages were left unattended at my front door!

Those UPS monkeys really know how to do a number on a package! I would have denied all the items due to damage, and told the delivery guy to shove it if he had the nerve to ring the door bell for signature?
Old 06-30-2014, 12:00 AM
Teching In

Default Mwc

Originally Posted by SMR#002
I spoke to two or three people on the phone. First time I was asking questions and he didn't seem to interested to talk. Don't know who it was. The second two people were very nice and helpful. Still waiting on my 9 in I ordered about 5 or 6 weeks ago, they said itd be done this week but no word yet. I cant wait to get the stuff, looks like nice quality pieces.
I have spoke to multiple people from there as well over the past 7 months. .
I had placed my original order with PAT, I didn't really get a good feeling about if he really understood what I wanted and or if my order would be correct? Sure enough I called back after 6 weeks to find out if there had been any progress, to my surprise I found out that my order had never been processed! I was assured that my order would be in the works within the next week or two. .
I checked back in 2 weeks to see. . I had been informed that PAT was no longer with the company due to order errors and AJ would be the new order man in charge! AJ was much more helpful and knowledgeable on products and helping me with my order. . AJ had informed me that due to production back ups and order errors my build had been pushed back again 2 - 4 weeks; I would need to make an additional payment to have 50% balance paid up before build would start to guarantee a spot?
I am not sure if PAT or AJ are still there at this time. . The only person I am ever able to get ahold of there is KEVIN.
I have nothing but good things to say about Eric, other than he is a hard man to get ahold of!! (Even if you leave a message) He was able to talk me out of the Moser M9 from Brute speed as well as gave me a better quote than the Fab9 from Trick Chassis - He won me over with all of the fabrication knowledge answers he was able to give me about there F-Body suspension systems . .
Old 06-30-2014, 12:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by greenvortec97
Eric set me up with a good deal on mine.. I have to be honest, It's a great package. all of it. but it did take damn near 6 months to get it.

I ordered a K member from them this week, I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow since it was something they had in stock
I agree with you 100% Eric was able to answer all of my questions and then give me more great information on top of that!
As well, My Fab9 system was right at 6 months to the day from order date to ship date. . I am not 100% sure on how there on hand stock ships out?

My rear end housing and torque arm kit was shipped loose via UPS? I am still waiting to hear back on my axles and center section installation items, to my knowledge then have not been ordered yet. .
Old 06-30-2014, 10:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Your housing was shipped loose via UPS? My axles were drop shipped from Strange and Im assuming everything else will be on a pallet. Kind of a tease to have the axles a good month before everything else. But it is one less thing to worry about and gives me plenty of time to get the bearings and abs rings pressed on.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Default MWC Fab9 Shipping

Originally Posted by Jake the SSnake
Your housing was shipped loose via UPS? My axles were drop shipped from Strange and Im assuming everything else will be on a pallet. Kind of a tease to have the axles a good month before everything else. But it is one less thing to worry about and gives me plenty of time to get the bearings and abs rings pressed on.
No truck freight or pallet service was used? There were 2 small bolts that were used to "secure" one end of the axle housing to the thin particle board box pulled right threw. . UPS really did a number on my set up during shipping, since all the loose components were able to bounce around freely; banged all the powder coat to crap and bent a few of the mounting brackets and torque arm tubes?

FML! I am going to take a huge beating out of pocket to get this set up right the way it should have been the first time around!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:10 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

For the record we take great care in packaging everything we ship. Of all the rearends out there we are the only one to actually spend the time and cost to build custom shipping crates for the purpose of these rearends.

If you select a complete assembled rearend it is bolted down(not just strapped) to a stout custom wooden crate, and is fully enclosed to not be exposed to the elements and eyes. The complete assembled units are over 150 pounds normally and require truck freight, which costs much more and requires a commercial location with loading docks or a fork truck. Residential and liftgate services are available, but the cost goes up even more with that.

If you select the rearend package in kit form, the center section and axles are shipped individual. Again we use a custom OSB wooden box that is stapled together with internal reinforcements, and the entire crate is fully wrapped in cardboard to contain the housing and suspension components. The housing is bolted into both ends through the wood(using large OD fender washers and two bolts on each end) and supported in the center by Styrofoam block. All the other items in the box are foam wrapped and then cable tied and wired through the wooden sides to firmly attach each piece to the box. We even cut lifting holes in the ends of the box to aid in proper handling. This method is far and above what other manufacturers are doing.

We have shipped several hundred of these housings in the last few years and although rare, UPS and FedEx are not the best at caring for the items they handle(ours or anyone's). Every package we ship is fully insured.

On any parcel someone receives, the best thing to do is open and inspect the contents for damage if the package is damaged, and do not sign for it until you have looked at it... this is your right. If there is damage, the driver must note it at that time so there is immediate record that there was damage upon receipt. Then you need to notify the place of purchase and they can start the process of a claim to the shipper. Whatever you do, do not throw away the packaging. Take several good pictures of the damaged items and the package itself as you open it. The claim process can take a bit of time, it will normally need to be inspected. The pictures and damage upon receipt notification from the driver is a great help in this process. Keep in mind that you as a customer need to help us- so we can help you. This is why we all pay so much for freight and the insurance.

Last edited by ssvert99; 07-01-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssvert99
For the record we take great care in packaging everything we ship. Of all the rearends out there we are the only one to actually spend the time and cost to build custom shipping crates for the purpose of these rearends.

If you select a complete assembled rearend it is bolted down(not just strapped) to a stout custom wooden crate, and is fully enclosed to not be exposed to the elements and eyes. The complete assembled units are over 150 pounds normally and require truck freight, which costs much more and requires a commercial location with loading docks or a fork truck. Residential and liftgate services are available, but the cost goes up even more with that.

If you select the rearend package in kit form, the center section and axles are shipped individual. Again we use a custom OSB wooden box that is stapled together with internal reinforcements, and the entire crate is fully wrapped in cardboard to contain the housing and suspension components. The housing is bolted into both ends through the wood(using large OD fender washers and two bolts on each end) and supported in the center by Styrofoam block. All the other items in the box are foam wrapped and then cable tied and wired through the wooden sides to firmly attach each piece to the box. We even cut lifting holes in the ends of the box to aid in proper handling. This method is far and above what other manufacturers are doing.

We have shipped several hundred of these housings in the last few years and although rare, UPS and FedEx are not the best at caring for the items they handle(ours or anyone's). Every package we ship is fully insured.

On any parcel someone receives, the best thing to do is open and inspect the contents for damage if the package is damaged, and do not sign for it until you have looked at it... this is your right. If there is damage, the driver must note it at that time so there is immediate record that there was damage upon receipt. Then you need to notify the place of purchase and they can start the process of a claim to the shipper. Whatever you do, do not throw away the packaging. Take several good pictures of the damaged items and the package itself as you open it. The claim process can take a bit of time, it will normally need to be inspected. The pictures and damage upon receipt notification from the driver is a great help in this process. Keep in mind that you as a customer need to help us- so we can help you. This is why we all pay so much for freight and the insurance.
Mine should be in kit form, yet I was quoted a lift gate price since its to residential? Is that because I ordered extra parts, or is the housing going to come through UPS/Fedex?
Old 07-01-2014, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Im picking mine up from MWC tomorrow ill give an update once I get the stuff
Old 07-02-2014, 10:48 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jake the SSnake
Mine should be in kit form, yet I was quoted a lift gate price since its to residential? Is that because I ordered extra parts, or is the housing going to come through UPS/Fedex?
You did not pay for any extra shipping on your setup. You have a package ordered as a kit form, therefore it will all ship UPS ground to residential as normal.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssvert99
You did not pay for any extra shipping on your setup. You have a package ordered as a kit form, therefore it will all ship UPS ground to residential as normal.
Thats fine, but its not what I was told. I was first told to find a loading dock to ship it to and when I couldnt find one I asked to have it shipped to my house and was told it would be a $100 lift gate fee. Nobody said anything about UPS residential shipping.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

Picked up my parts yesterday, the parts look really nice. Eric is very nice and knowledgeable, he gave me a tour of the shop and gave me tips to install the rear. They leave the bolts in the holes of the lca brackets and everything thing else so you know where to connect it, it takes some of the guess work out of the adjustability out, I thought that was pretty cool. I got my rear pretty quick 6-8 weeks but I had simple set up so they had everything for my rear and all the parts that I needed ready. Eric went through install and gave me a lesson with pinion angles and was very helpful. I thought customer service was great. Yeah its hard to get a hold of them on the phone sometimes, the shop is loud as hell with all the fab work so that's understandable but I have always pmd them and they always reply and answer all my questions. Now I just have to get around to installing this stuff

Quick Reply: MWC Midwest Chassis Fabricated 9" Race Package Feedback ?