Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

should i wait...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i wait...

hello everyone, im finally gonna pull my car out here soon. basically i have to buy a new trans which im about to order. im also thinking off swapping out the stock 10 bolt for a moser or strange 12 bolt, or 9". my stock 10 is still fine haven't had any problems with it. Since im swapping my trans i was gonna swap the rear end out to, so hopefully get both done at one time. Would it be wise to do so, or should i just wait for it to break before i do so?

If i decide to swap the rear's out, what would be best for my application. a 12 or 9"?

Here's what my car has on it...2001 auto WS6, with 3500 stall converter, build trans, Vortech 9lb s/c, FLP longtubes with hi flow cats and a hooker catback. i want something that will last, possibly in the future i might build the motor up, but don't know for sure. So i want something that can handle over 600rwhp and drive everyday. so 12 bolt or 9", or just keep the stock 10 till it breaks?

thanks for all info

Brian
Old 05-24-2006, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since your supercharged than I would take the 10 bolt out and go 9".But thats just my .2 lol