Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

BUY a 9 inch from DLS tell me what you think

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUY a 9 inch from DLS tell me what you think

I plan on buying a 9inch by the end of this week from driveline solutions (DLS). i was wanting to get some feed back from some of you guys who has a 9inch from DLS to chim in a tell me what you think. I am planing on 31 splin trua trac with 3;89 gears and i plan on getting what he calls the four box special so i dont have to pay shipping. Thanks for the feed back in advance
Old 07-10-2007, 08:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I bought mine from Scott. He is a good guy and I have received great service from him. He always has had time to answer question etc.

I also ordered a 3.89 9", 31 spline, detroit tru-trac with a Strange center section. He assembled mine for me since I'm local, and I picked it up myself.

Brian
Old 07-10-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

How come when I look up driveline solutions or click on the link on the right it doesnt take me to the site? What is their link?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:20 PM
12 Second Club

Their website is down. Don't worry at all about Scott/DLS. Great guy to deal with. He stood behind my 9" even after having it over a year. A good guy to deal with, knows his business and stands behind his work.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i bought mine from scott also. i just finished installing it today. Scott answered all my questions. so far my rear has very very little whine noise, but thats considered normal and should go away after the break in. over all scott is a great guy to deal with.

Last edited by CaliboyTA; 07-11-2007 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
I bought mine from Scott. He is a good guy and I have received great service from him. He always has had time to answer question etc.

I also ordered a 3.89 9", 31 spline, detroit tru-trac with a Strange center section. He assembled mine for me since I'm local, and I picked it up myself.

Brian
I ordered the exact same rear end. Scott was great to deal with but unfortunately my 9" does whine a bit, kind of a howl at freeway speed. Changed the fluid after a few hundred miles break in but the whine is still there. When I broke it in I followed all the proceedures to break it in. I have maybe 500 miles on my 9" right now.... maybe itll quiet down more in time?.?.?

Im kind of chalking it up to the fact that there are some sacrifices when buying a beefy performance rear end. Although one of the reasons I did purchase my 9" from DLS was all the good I heard about getting quiet rear ends. I guess I just had bad luck or something. Im not sure what I could do at this point... Im not about to yank it out to send it back unless is breaks.

Id still buy from Scott because I know that if something does go wrong, or if the whine Im hearing is not normal, he will take care of it. The number one reason I went with DLS is the customer service.... with his experience a close second.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:45 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks guys thats the kinda peace of mind i wanted to hear. i dont know about you guys but 2400 is a lot of money not to check out who im going to be buying from.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Avengeance
Id still buy from Scott because I know that if something does go wrong, or if the whine Im hearing is not normal, he will take care of it. The number one reason I went with DLS is the customer service.... with his experience a close second.
I'm planning on stopping by with my car this week and have him look at the por-15 i painted the rear with. My rear whines a bit also under load, but nothing I can't live with. I will see if I can get him in the car and see what he thinks.

Brian
Old 07-11-2007, 07:48 AM
TECH Resident

I bought a 12 bolt from Scott earlier this year. He said it might be loud cause its a 12 bolt. Well Scott must have built it perfectly cause its no louder than my 10 bolt, and it does not pop whenever I make a turn. Scott was easy to talk to and always was willing to answer any questions I had. His website has been down for a couple months now, but do not worry, he is a great builder.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Avengeance
I ordered the exact same rear end. Scott was great to deal with but unfortunately my 9" does whine a bit, kind of a howl at freeway speed. Changed the fluid after a few hundred miles break in but the whine is still there. When I broke it in I followed all the proceedures to break it in. I have maybe 500 miles on my 9" right now.... maybe itll quiet down more in time?.?.?

Im kind of chalking it up to the fact that there are some sacrifices when buying a beefy performance rear end. Although one of the reasons I did purchase my 9" from DLS was all the good I heard about getting quiet rear ends. I guess I just had bad luck or something. Im not sure what I could do at this point... Im not about to yank it out to send it back unless is breaks.

I'm in the same boat as him, nothin i cant live with and NOWHERE NEAR as bad as my 10 bolt
Old 07-11-2007, 05:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

We race what we sell and we strive to be the best in the business. We have had very few issues and the ones we have had were taken care of 100%. Gear noise is common but we have yet to have any gears fail. I am sure you will be pleased if you let us handle your build.

Scott @DLS
Old 07-11-2007, 05:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I archived my web pages but I don't know how to link my new names to get the up and running again. Can anyone help me out?

Link,,, http://web.archive.org/web/200612142...e=contact.html
Old 07-11-2007, 05:48 PM
TECH Resident

Scott is the man, if u just take the time and break in your rear in nice and easy, and change the fluid after the first 500-600 miles, your gears will be pretty quite....Im running 4:11's in my 9 inch and they are quieter than my stock 10 bolt was brand new
Old 07-11-2007, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

i have a moser 9" true track 3.90s and strange center section, i have a some wine but i also have a t/a and poly bushings. and when im making a tight slow turn i might get a lil hop from the one side
Old 07-11-2007, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott@ DLS is the way to go he answers and and all concerns and offers top notch personal service
Old 07-11-2007, 08:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Scott@DrivelineSolutions
I archived my web pages but I don't know how to link my new names to get the up and running again. Can anyone help me out?

Link,,, http://web.archive.org/web/200612142...e=contact.html
I have some experience with building web sites. But yours is using agora shopping cart and that cgi script is being used to redirect to other pages. I don't really know how to do this. I could help you get a simple page up easily. Do you still own your domain name?

PM me if you want some help with getting something up. I could have helped you a bit today.

Brian
Old 07-11-2007, 09:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I have some experience with building web sites. But yours is using agora shopping cart and that cgi script is being used to redirect to other pages. I don't really know how to do this. I could help you get a simple page up easily. Do you still own your domain name?

PM me if you want some help with getting something up. I could have helped you a bit today.

Brian

No, lost the name but bought a few more from godaddy. I bought a .net .org .biz .info I also bought drivelinesolution.com just for the hell of it. Working with a guy right now from San Diego, brother's friend, that has been around since the net was born. If he can't do it I'll have to build a new site.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Scott@DrivelineSolutions
No, lost the name but bought a few more from godaddy. I bought a .net .org .biz .info I also bought drivelinesolution.com just for the hell of it. Working with a guy right now from San Diego, brother's friend, that has been around since the net was born. If he can't do it I'll have to build a new site.
Let me know if you need some help getting something up. Like I said I have done a couple web sites and one for a guy selling HO model cars. I know how to create forums and simple cgi stuff. I have just never done a cgi shopping cart. If you want a quick page up for each of the those addresses as an information page that is really easy to do.

Brian
Old 07-11-2007, 10:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Let me know if you need some help getting something up. Like I said I have done a couple web sites and one for a guy selling HO model cars. I know how to create forums and simple cgi stuff. I have just never done a cgi shopping cart. If you want a quick page up for each of the those addresses as an information page that is really easy to do.

Brian

I will definetly let you know Brian. Looks like I may need to have a new site built.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any news???? new site? and its nice to know who is THE person to get to build a 9"40" tru trac rear end...