Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

to the top

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 02:23 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default to the top

to the top

to the top

to the top

to the top

to the top

to the top

to the top

to the top

to the top

doesn't it get old... if you have a good product it will sell itself. kinda like a bad car salesman, isn't it?

i think most everybody agrees on this.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:27 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

to the top is for classified ads, not informational sections

feel free to post your opinions
Old 02-10-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T T T:d
Old 02-10-2008, 02:48 PM
12 Second Club

agreed, should be classified only. if your post is interesting or someone has an answer it will stay up top all be itself.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:34 PM
FormerVendor

hahhahaahaha, ironically you did what your are disputing in this thread lol. I am torn on this subject. As a vendor I feel it would be my right to post to the top if I choose. After all that is what I am paying for. On the other hand I feel I offer a lot more than just advertising of my product I am selling and would think others should do the same. It is not always about the lowest price as I see some other vendors advertising. I will be the first to admit I am not going to be the cheapest guy on the block. But I also feel I offer more than just a part I am selling. Customer calls us, we are willing to take the time and educate them on what they are looking for and help them make the right decesion. Customer Service is my number 1 goal. Just my .02

Jeff
Old 02-10-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1>girlfriend
agreed, should be classified only. if your post is interesting or someone has an answer it will stay up top all be itself.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

Sometimes it gets anoying but other times I've really helped people out and if they hadnt done it then I would never have seen there post. I think if you use the same rules that you do in classifieds "one bump per day" then it would be OK.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Flamesuite now on so let it fly if you must, and yes I am calling out all the vendors.

First and foremost this is an information board, not a classified section. That said the paying vendors definitely have their place here and are very valuable to contributing information for all to use. There is even a certain vendor that offered very useful information to me even though he did not sell me my rear end and I applaud him for that.

Now for the ugly.
I am sick of seeing the same old threads (sometimes 4 in a row) started by that single vendor, bumped to the top nearly every single day. I find it even more disrespectful considering these threads are more geared to excessive marketing as opposed to useful knowledge and information. You know who you are and its obvious to all that you are doing it for excessive competitive advantage. I have not seen the other vendors behave like this.

I personally feel that an excellent thread will take on a life of its own without the need for silly bumping while others will just fizzle out. I have bumped mine a few times but I certainly do it in moderation. I don't claim my threads to be any more of value than the next guys thread in a sense that would require daily bumping.

Sometime the bumps are as blatant as "back to the top" while other times its something smooth like "looks nice", "cool thanks", "I added it thanks", "more options added to the website thanks" and my personal favorite "free drain plug next week".

By and large most vendors are very considerate of the patrons and the other vendors. Here recently the flaming has gotten out of hand and does nothing to contribute to useful discussion. I was personally insulted by a vendor here within just the last week regarding my newly purchased rear end when he referred to certain components as being "cheesy". I will state now that he also apologized for the comment. I personally feel that the vendors who provide the most help and knowledge will win over the guys needing new rear ends.

I wish all the vendors would resort to PM's for their excessive and unrequested marketing / gear pimping rather than filling threads with nothing more than "I got the best deal" blah blah blah as well as totally useless fluff.

I think all the vendors should be a bit more professional and respective of each other and the board as a whole. If certain threads are responded to by members the proper way and the thread hangs around forever, then that's perfectly fine too.

I would propose having a "locked" sticky listing all the rear-end and gear vendors here that would show their prices, website and sales information. Only these vendors would have access to this sticky and it could be used for marketing and such. All the vendors information would be easily accessible with this sticky and the best part is the information threads would not get infected with excessive marketing.

Please let this crap end now.

Last edited by wrd1972; 02-11-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by wrd1972
Flamesuite now on so let it fly if you must, and yes I am calling out all the vendors.

First and foremost this is an information board, not a classified section. That said the paying vendors definitely have their place here and are very valuable to contributing information for all to use. There is is even a certain vendor that offers very useful information to guys even though he did not sell me the rear end and I applaud him for it.

Now for the ugly.
I am sick of seeing same old threads (sometimes 4 in a row) started by a single vendor, bumped to the top nearly every single day. I find it even more disrespectful especially considering these threads are more geared to excessive marketing as opposed to useful knowledge and information. You know who you are and its obvious to all that you are doing it for the excessive competitive advantage. I have not seen any other vendors behave like this.

I personally feel that an excellent thread will take on a life of its own without the need for silly bumping while others will just fizzle out. I have bumped mine a few times but I certainly do it in moderation. I dont claim my threads to be any more of value than the next guys thread in a sense that would require daily bumping.

Sometime the bumps are as blatent as "back to the top" while other times its something smooth like "looks nice", "cool thanks", "I added it thanks", "more options added to the website thanks" and my persoanl favorite "free drain plug next week".

By and large most vendors are very considerate of the patrons and the other vendors. Here recently the flaming has gotten out of hand and does nothing to contribute to useful discussion. I was personally insulted by a vendor here within just the last week regarding my newly purchased rear end when he referred to certain components as being "cheesy". I personally feel that the vendors who provide the most help and knowledge will when over the guys needing new rear ends.

I wish all the vendors would would resort to PM's for their excessive marketing and gear pimping rather than filling threads with nothing more than "I got the best deal" blah blah blah as well as totally useless fluff.

I think all the vendors should be a bit more professional and respective of each other and the board as a whole. If certain threads are responded to by members the proper way and they seem to hang around forever, then thats perfectly fine too.

I would propose having a "locked" sticky listing all the rearend and gear vendors here that would show their prices, website and sales information. Only these vendors would have access to this sticky and it could be used for marketing and such. All the vendors information would be easily accessable with this sticky and the best part is the information threads would not get infected with excessive marketing.

Please let this crap end now.
Well put, I agree with the "Sticky" idea for each vendor. This is done on may other forums we advertise on and works great. I would definately clean up the riff raff.

Jeff
Old 02-11-2008, 02:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jawsgear
Well put, I agree with the "Sticky" idea for each vendor. This is done on may other forums we advertise on and works great. I would definately clean up the riff raff.

Jeff
Except for the horrible grammar and lack of "spell check" anyway, I guess I was in the zone and just had to vent. Fell much better now.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its kinda of funny but it does get old really fast.