Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Ford 9", M9 or Moser/Strange??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ford 9", M9 or Moser/Strange??

Need info on all not sure about anything except it needs to be a 4 channel, and im not rich.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:02 PM
10 Second Club

Unfortunately, they start out expensive, and go up from there. You need to contact one of the sponsors on this site. They can help you spend your money.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:36 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moser 9 inch with the Truetrac differential, which is a stronger limited slip than the Auburn, Eaton and the Trac-Loc, is $2,500.00 shipped to your door with the 4 channel option.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=145
Free drain plug this week! Bob
Old 02-11-2008, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

Midwest Chasis or EPP, both are the way to go IMO and I think I know who I am going with. Do what I didn't do at the start, call or pm them both and see what they can do for you based on your needs. Just don't settle for one. Go custom with Midwest or get a moser 9'', that easy. Lots of options too that tend to add up quick but are well worth it though.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:33 AM
8 Second Club

Hey man, don't forget, your gonna need a Torque Arm Bar and Crossmember mount, and you may even need a Drive shaft. Be careful, cause these guys will get what you say you need, and it may be for an OK price, but they love to forget to tell what else you'll need.

I need a Torque Arm Bar, and a TAB tunnel mount, Drive shaft, Drag bar, wheelie bar mount, and a rear axle that could hold up to 2,500 horsepower, Moser couldn't beat the Price I got at Midwest. By the time they had just my rearend built, it was as much as I paid total at midwest lol.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1BDTRAM
Hey man, don't forget, your gonna need a Torque Arm Bar and Crossmember mount, and you may even need a Drive shaft. Be careful, cause these guys will get what you say you need, and it may be for an OK price, but they love to forget to tell what else you'll need.

I need a Torque Arm Bar, and a TAB tunnel mount, Drive shaft, Drag bar, wheelie bar mount, and a rear axle that could hold up to 2,500 horsepower, Moser couldn't beat the Price I got at Midwest. By the time they had just my rearend built, it was as much as I paid total at midwest lol.
I got you here buddy and am with you on that one. The price above can easily come to 3 g's is what I was trying to say. I am thinking about going with midwest as well. Did you get it yet? I'd love to see some pics of that beast
Old 02-11-2008, 11:50 AM
8 Second Club

Not yet, I'm going nutz thought! he he.
He won't start on it until the end of this week...
Plan for this rearend is to have a 900hp LSX 427ci, NA running through it.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Not yet, I'm going nutz thought! he he.
He won't start on it until the end of this week...
Plan for this rearend is to have a 900hp LSX 427ci, NA running through it.
Well thats what confused me about your build when you stated that you will be runing allot of hp but I didn't see you had a power adder. I am not sure if I want to know, 900hp N/A is sicko

Ya I am shooting for about 900-1000hp with my turbo setup, basically a weekend warrior but realiable enough that I can take it out whenever and wherever I want including the track. Everything built and done right.

Onlything that currently is tearing me apart is the truetrac or spool. I don't think I want the locker at all but am kinda scared about the truetrac granading. It does sound promising though from the guys that have posted about beating on them hard at the track. Since I am mostly a street car I don't really think I want a spool though I haven't been in a car with one yet so I can't really say but for some it drives them nuts and others it doesn't really matter. Plus not only is it stronger but its lighter and cheaper Either way I won't have TCS/ABS b/c I hate both. I have a reverse module TCS in my car right now and the ABS drives me nuts! Anyways ..................choices what to do, LOL
Old 02-11-2008, 02:18 PM
8 Second Club

Ha ha, sound like me a few days ago...
With the numbers your gonna be pushing... I'd say spool. Tru tracs are only rated at 650rwhp right?
Old 02-11-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Ha ha, sound like me a few days ago...
With the numbers your gonna be pushing... I'd say spool. Tru tracs are only rated at 650rwhp right?
Ya thats what I've got out of my research about 650rwhp or so. It throws me off though about that current thread of people with 1000hp or more beating the **** out of the truetrac and it taking it no problem. Even 'Eric' I think is his name at midwest with his 3800lb vert procharged car making 1000hp launching at the track.

The question I guess is 'if' and 'when' does it let go. The spool is almost a guarentee of the rear being bulletproof. In saying that with a full suspension, custom fabbed rear with spool and chromemoly d/s I'd have a very stout drivetrain to say the least!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:59 PM
8 Second Club

^ Kinda reminds me of the 10 bolt.. lol One time, this guy posted in the 10 sec section... "Ok, I wanna know how many of guys are still running their stock 10 bolts and what are your times/rwhp/etc?" And all these guys posted, their 10 sec f-bodies with the stock rearend. Most of them, not all, but most of them had A4 transmissions, but they said that they were just waiting until the 10 bolt gave way lol... It hit or miss, better to be safe than sorry though, I think anyways. More so when mine is a DD. lol
Old 02-11-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Ya I hear ya, thats funny. I am about 95% sure I'll go spool now but would like to hear abit more feedback. I wouldn't mind hearing some feedback on the cornering in regards to speed. Is it possible to turn fast and/or break loose/skid across sideways? I know it sounds dumn but I do like to have some fun on the street, LOL Not necessarrily talking sharp turns but more so leaning on it around a corner? Is it possible or just the fact its hard on tires and you'll most likely skid more uncontrollably due to it being locked? Just curious, trying to gather all the facts first, LOL
Old 02-13-2008, 04:16 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Websy21
Ya I hear ya, thats funny. I am about 95% sure I'll go spool now but would like to hear abit more feedback. I wouldn't mind hearing some feedback on the cornering in regards to speed. Is it possible to turn fast and/or break loose/skid across sideways? I know it sounds dumn but I do like to have some fun on the street, LOL Not necessarrily talking sharp turns but more so leaning on it around a corner? Is it possible or just the fact its hard on tires and you'll most likely skid more uncontrollably due to it being locked? Just curious, trying to gather all the facts first, LOL
You would have to be getting on the gas pretty hard on dry pavement for a car with a spool to break loose and swing around. It will though put wear on the tires much faster than with a Truetrac. Bob
Old 02-13-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Go for a locker. As long as u can handle some clickin an thunkin it will hold well over 650hp. And with the set ups u guys plan on runnin you prob wont hear it anyway.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:32 PM
8 Second Club

Will a locker hold 800-900hp, I'm pretty sure it wont. And why chance it at the track and have a nice meeting with the wall..
Old 02-13-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

I am definetly thinking no to the locker, not b/c of the noise or stregth for that matter b/c I am sure its allot stronger than the true trac even holding up some ridiculous power. I am not going to use one for the reason of locking in and out inconsistantly at any times. Wether at the track or caught driving in the rain, etc. Noise should only be somewhat of a concern when shooting for such high hp demands. You have to make some comprimises along the way and I am beginning to think the spool must be one.

I am only trying to get some more feedback on it though, whether good nor bad. Simply put, if I can still have fun on the streets with a spool than sign me up. If its more so to be able to drive from point A to B disregarding straight driving, hence somewhat manuevering corners, etc than not so sure. As for the tire wear, who gives a **** the turbo already has called dibs on wearing them down