Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Mark ups!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mark ups!!

How many of you guys have had to pay mark ups? Or did everyone thats has an SS on here order theres? I've been looking and every damn one here is marked up 5 to 10K over sticker. Even talk to a dealer yesterday that said even if you order one they charge a markup. WTF is that crap. Does anyone know if they closed the Camaro plant for the month of July like they did with the other plants. Havent heard whether they did or not, heard that they wanted to keep it open to keep up with demand, but never heard anything official about it. Thanks guys.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:41 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Most are not paying markup. Dealers with cars on the lot are usually the ones charging markup, the other dealers can't keep them on their lots.

They did not shut down.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 08-11-2009, 10:52 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With a little more research, you can find them ALL THE TIME in stock and new orders for sticker +$0 (no mark up). They're readily available if you do the legwork!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have a dealer that local to me that i bought my TBSS from they stopped marking up all their cars even the Z06, only dealer here that i know of that doesnt mark em up the only problem is they have one recieved 1 Camaro that they could sell, the v6 that all deals got back in May. All the SS Camaros they have recieved are pre orders. I want one but dont want to order one and have to wait at least 6 months for it. idk cant win i guess
Old 08-11-2009, 11:24 AM
9 Second Club

wait till after christmas or till the pre-orders are filled. Then they should drop.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

What does the majority of you guys have the 6 speed auto or stick?
Old 08-11-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There is about $800 markup from GM on a new camaro (cost we pay for it from GM plus $800 is what you see on the sticker), that isn't **** for a dealer to make. We have been charging $1000 over markup so making maybe $1800 on a car, which still isn't much by the time you prep it, advertise it, show it, etc.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
With a little more research, you can find them ALL THE TIME in stock and new orders for sticker +$0 (no mark up). They're readily available if you do the legwork!
Matt what website are you using i just use chevy.com?
Old 08-11-2009, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BanditTA
There is about $800 markup from GM on a new camaro (cost we pay for it from GM plus $800 is what you see on the sticker), that isn't **** for a dealer to make. We have been charging $1000 over markup so making maybe $1800 on a car, which still isn't much by the time you prep it, advertise it, show it, etc.
I'm fully aware of that and dont want to come off like most of the ***'s that go to the dealer and want to get a bunch of money off. I'm just sick of sales people that dont have a clue what they are talking about and wanting rediculous mark-ups. There are 2 6 speed SS's here one is 45k and the other 55k, thats vette money, and then you talk to these fools and they talk down to me cause I'm not willing to pay 5 to 10k over sticker. just pisses me off to no end.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can understand a dealership wanting to cover some costs, but these cars are selling themselves right now and as others have said, if you shop around, you can find plenty being sold at MSRP. There are even dealers honoring GM discounts.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Launching!

just wait until the 2011 models come out. by that time the surge will be over and can pay under msrp, plus they always improve on the little things after the first year.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Staging Lane

Default camaro

If its like chrysler was they are not allowed to charge more than sticker unless it has been titled and sold as a used vehicle. They were sued and lost. The PT cruiser is what that was on
Old 08-12-2009, 04:05 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by SmokeShow99SS
Matt what website are you using i just use chevy.com?
Get on Ebay, Autotrader, etc....We've purchased two that way, and got a third off a guy who had his on order at sticker and just bought out that order so we could get it faster. You'd be insane to pay over sticker for a new Camaro at this point in time.

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
Old 08-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Get on Ebay, Autotrader, etc....We've purchased two that way, and got a third off a guy who had his on order at sticker and just bought out that order so we could get it faster. You'd be insane to pay over sticker for a new Camaro at this point in time.
Yes, buying new and even used vehicles on Ebay is the future. GM already says they have too many dealers. The only thing a dealer ever does is **** a customer off. When I sold I seldom ever let anyone not buying the car drive my High Perofrmance cars. I didn't want every John Force to test drive someone elses vehicle. Hell, I even read the manual and change my oil after 1,000 miles unless it was a Honda. EBay will allow you to bid for your next car. If the dealer doesn't get reserve - it doesn't sell..........

Try and get the car overnight. Then you can slip buy your local track, remove the plate and really drive like John Force.

you're welcome
Old 08-13-2009, 09:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The dealers who are serious about selling cars, have the cars on those sites. And all the dealers on the sites, typically want sticker and no more (because of the competition on the net). It works out for the consumer very well!

Old 08-13-2009, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

sweet thanks have to check that out!

Quick Reply: Mark ups!!