General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

whats wrong with your car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 04:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default whats wrong with your car?

i was just thinking of all the problems i have with my car and felt like venting off through a post..

my car needs an auto starter because im sick of putting the key in the lock everytime, a new foglight, new ebrake cable, and im in the process of finding a shop who can paint the back bumper black for reasonable price...and brakes...sounds like im putting another grand on my credit card
Just wondering who else has things wrong with their car or **** they like HAVE to get.. im not talking like a turbo but like a lot of little things that drive you nuts..

Last edited by razorclaw99; 02-02-2007 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:06 PM
12 Second Club

my car needs an auto starter because im sick of putting the key in the lock everytime
sounds like something my wife would say....

kidding, but serious she would. i need to fix the paint in some spots, i too need a fog light and have already changed them all at least once, clean the headlights. and change the brakes, get a front end alignment, blah blah blah......and ive need this for 6-8 months. yet in that time i had a cam swap and tranny swap converter swap and ill probably have a new shortblock dropped in before i do all the little stuff.....
Old 02-02-2007, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Well, my car is leaking from the top of the driver's side window, and now I've realized it's coming from the hatch too. So I basically need to replace all the weatherstripping. In the meantime, I had to take out all the carpeting, and i'm getting freaking SICK of changing out the towels laying all over my floorboard. I just had the damn f*cking thing fail inspection due to my clumsy *** knocking some spring off of the e-brake while I fought with the console trying to get it back in. Sooo, had to fight with the console some more to get it back on the other night, and I still have to take it back to get it re-inspected. Oh, and in the meantime, I must have busted the little bulb that lights up the gears. My carpeting was beyond repair, so I've got to order some new stuff. I'm BROKE, so I can't even DO anything until I get my tax refund check. It's always something. I'll never be able to afford to do any mods...too busy fixing problems, lol.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Launching!

pass window motor, fog light, 2 side marker lights (very small ones on each side), torque arm mount ( just gonna put aftermarket TA in)
Old 02-02-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Just bubbles on the roof .
Old 02-02-2007, 11:07 PM
TECH Resident

Headlight...I got away easy this time.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Oh wait, if ya' wanna start talking cosmetics... I've got spidering on my back fender, I've also got paint chipping on both the front and rear end. I've got a big dent on the driver's side that some ******* intentionally did the day after I bought it. In the inside, I've got a broken air vent that's cracked, and if I put the air on full blast and speed at ALL, it flies out at me. AAANNDDD a few months back while driving down the road, I went to pull the sun visor down, and it FELL off! I kinda need a new one of those too. My poor car. I almost forgot to mention, my stripes are fading and starting to peel.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

i need to replace my front o2 sensors, and my little 10-bolt is counting the days as much as i beat on it
Old 02-03-2007, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

well lets see..

Headlamp motors, rotate tires, spark plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, change fluids, shift **** is loose, steering wheel controls don't work, front and back bumpers don't match, rear view mirrors are faded, A/C needs to be recharged, wheels are cracked, windshield is streaked and nothing i do helps, suspension knocks, and thats it off the top of my head.

probably need an opti pretty soon
Old 02-03-2007, 12:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LS1:: i need a new passenger tailight, new tint, headlight gears, power window motors, new spring for the hatch, drivers door needs repainted from where my moms bike fell into it, fuel sending unit, fuel filter, and i think thats bout it.

LT1: not enough time to type it all up
Old 02-03-2007, 02:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2000SSGirl
AAANNDDD a few months back while driving down the road, I went to pull the sun visor down, and it FELL off!
That happened to mine about a week after I bought the car. The rivet stripped out, I think that shaft is aluminum, it's pretty soft. You can fix it though, take out the one that isn't broken and look at it, you can get a spring, washer and a sheet metal screw and put it all back together. I could take a picture of mine if you want. Better than paying whatever obscene amount Chevy will want for it.

I need to go get new front tires soon, I like to corner hard. My low coolant light is on, I'll fool around with that when the weather is nice. My headlight aim is a little crooked. But all I really wanna do is get a catback. Mods > maintenance
Old 02-03-2007, 02:12 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HOLY SHAT!

wheel bearings (fixed)
fuel pump (fixed)
IAC (fixed)
window motor (fixed)
leaky T-tops (fixed with grease)
water-pump leaking (will be replaced today)
Bad 02 sensor (in my livingroom, will be put on tomorrow)
Bad AIR check-valve (fixed)
Old 02-03-2007, 02:27 AM
Launching!

T-Stat - Fixed
EBCM - Fixed
Front Bumper - Fixed
Hood - Fixed
Headlight Rack - Fixed
Seat Trac - Fixed
Radiator Fan - Fixed
Pass. Window - Fixed

Needs New Waterpump
Probably Could Use Some New o2's
Could Use Some New Headlights
Could Use A Full Paint Job
Could Really Use Some New Tires
Needs New Dashpad
Needs New Center Console
Needs Pass. Mirror

Probably more just can't think of anything cause it's 3:30 A.M.

=\
Old 02-03-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Resident

Hmmmm...Lets see....Oh yeah, some butthole ran a red light and now my car is TOTALED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Resident

I got some damn noise coming from my right rear quater panel area that I hear when I'm driving slowly through a parking lot or something and the suspension is moving so thats on my list...I need to re-pound the **** out of my inside wheel well so my tires won't rub when pulling into a parking lot, I already did it once so its not that bad, plus I rolled the fenders. I have other do things but there mod related the really only other thing that bugs me is my right T-top leaks air when I hit about 85mph and my fuel filiter needs to be changed.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99WS7
I got some damn noise coming from my right rear quater panel area that I hear when I'm driving slowly through a parking lot or something and the suspension is moving so thats on my list...I need to re-pound the **** out of my inside wheel well so my tires won't rub when pulling into a parking lot, I already did it once so its not that bad, plus I rolled the fenders. I have other do things but there mod related the really only other thing that bugs me is my right T-top leaks air when I hit about 85mph and my fuel filiter needs to be changed.
You have all these problems even with the UMI sub-frame conectors? I would think that those would help take care of SOME of those things.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

coolant level sensor, after i do the flush this summer, it'll go in. Surprisingly, its the only issue ive had with the car since i bought it(knock on wood)
Old 02-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

-Head lights and interior lights flicker when driving at low rpms
-Possibly slipping clutch
-Hole in driverside floormat
-My girlfriend's little cousin scratched the **** out of my bumper when she jumped on it
-Needs Alignment
-Switch panel on drivers side door (window and mirror switches) has broken clip so it pops out when I shut the door
Old 02-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

Just a clutch I glazed it pretty damn good once
Old 02-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

my damn passenger sun visor broke, cracked console by my ash tray, banning ory on the floor boards, both front o2's... i try not to look all that often.