General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What do you think my car is worth??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 03:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think my car is worth??

I have a 1998 Camaro Z28

It is a Red 1998 Z28 RS Body kit (with the front part missing thx to the wonderful previous owners wife)
Leather Interior
6 speed built up tranny
12 Disc CD (Speakers work great & bass hits hard)
T Tops (no squeaks work great have covers)
Thats all I can think of for now...
115k miles (keep in mind, it IS rebuilt, one drive would assure you of that)

The car runs 100%. Heres the list of upgrades I have done (probably gonna forget a few... oh well.)

Engine was rebuilt at around 80k miles
MAF Screen Removed
SLP Exhaust + Resonator (Its LOUD but I have the other exhaust)
SLP Ram Air Intake
New spark plugs & wires
cleaned the intake ports on the heads
Injectors cleaned (and I have an extra set for whatever reason, bought em off my friend)
Hypertech programmer
160 degree thermo stat
Edle Brock Strut bar
Stage 3 Clutch
I rebuilt the transmission not more than a thousand miles ago. This cost me about 3 grand just for the rebuild and these guys did some serious stuff. It is GUARANTEED to handle 1000 HP or more with ease.
Black Tint (legal but still very nice)
After market 17 x 9 rims with 285/45/R17 Z rated tires with TONS of meat left on them.

Also I have EdleBrock Performer IAS shocks and a Gauge pod I will give you with the car (the gauge pod is one of those nice ones you take off the stock tower and put that in and it looks factory ) and possibly a 1.8 inch lowering kit (the springs) if I can get it shipped from my friends place

and now the bad part...

there is a scratch (i dont have the money or time to fix it) in the wind shield
I dont have floor matts (didnt come with the car, what can I say, carpet is in perfect condition tho)
its way way too fast

BTW this car is FOR SALE
Old 02-12-2007, 03:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why was it rebuilt? Both engine and tranny? Sounds like someone enjoys playing a lot.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Previous owner did it because hes a freak. Transmission was rebuilt because my friend drove the car and blew 2 of the synchros. Being rich he gladly paid for the transmission to be rebuilt by the best of the best here in colorado. A1 transmissions i beleive... they make racing transmissions alot.. they built 1 race t56 a week. beleive it or not, I dont speed that much, i had a 1995 camaro putting out around 600 rwhp back in hawaii and after two tickets i didnt even deserve i calmed down on the streets... sorta... heh.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

also, this isnt just a normal tranny rebuild, they made it "bullet proof" were their exact words, they said i get my money back and a new tranny if i break it.... i liked that kinda warrenty. as for my friend, he couldnt drive standard, and he learned on my car. The engine is 100% stock internals as far as i know, the transmission has all new gears synchros (kevlar) increased the throw into 3rd so u can hit it harder drag racing, and they said they putt a new shifter in it, it feels wayyyyy better than any other camaro ive driven.. which to this day is around 20 manual transmission camaros.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:28 AM
On The Tree

That's like asking what the next weeks lotto will be.
Looks like a great car. But ever car is valued differently.
And there is always someone to buy it.
I sold my 99SS H/C/Full Bolt on, Mint in and Out for 15K 5mth Ago.
I have a freind that bought a Stock 98Z for 6K 6mth ago.
With that being said you have and idea how the price can vary from one ls1 to another.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
Why was it rebuilt? Both engine and tranny? Sounds like someone enjoys playing a lot.

That what I am thinking. Someone was tearin it up....
Old 02-12-2007, 07:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 443 Likes on 354 Posts

$7500 - $8000 Due to mileage. Doesn't matter if it was rebuilt yesterday, any normal person will take one look at the mileage and say it's not worth more than that. If it was a nonstock rebuild like a 402 or something then it would increase the value, but otherwise it's not going to. I've been buying and selling cars for 12 years and I know that rebuilds and new parts do little to sell a car. Low mileage and a beautiful body/interior is what sells cars.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:53 AM
12 Second Club

whatever floats your boat man....just make sure you like doesnt matter about everyoen else....and after all it is an LS1
Old 02-12-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just keep it, you won't get four at a dealership, and sell it outright, regardless of mods you have or the rebuild, its still only six tops probably with the mileage. Probably worth alot more to you, like mine is, so i suggest not gettig rid of it if that was the plan.