General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Jerks

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jerks

I have to rant a little.

Why do people have to be complete idiots and cause $300 worth of damage just to get a $50 radio? I don't understand it.

Right now I just want to kill someone. I left my firebird out for one night and someone decided that they deserve my stereo more than I do.

It's kinda hard to sell a car filled with glass and with a screwed up dash.

Add the fact that I have to buy tires and am flat broke and I'd say today is looking up.

Has anyone else had to deal with this BS?
Old 03-20-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn man that sux, can't believe that. I've never had a problem with people messing with my car and your not far from me. Sorry to hear it man but i didnt know that you were selling your car..
Old 03-20-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a 80 Z that I restored while I was in HS, spent 3 years after school, during school and after work on this car to have some ******** steal it at a restaraunt in Orlando to joy ride. Completely destroyed the car. Found it with the rear tore out, engine blown, inside ripped up and torn out. Nothing stolen off the car at all. I guess they just did it to do it.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

people today dont respect other peoples property today,nor how much time and energy is put into something. sorry to hear that man. to bad you didnt catch them, if i ever caught someone trying to break into my car,id go to jail cause id f*cking kill them.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

I had my Jeep Cherokee broken into in college. The guy chucked a brick through my window and tore the thing apart stealing my $70 Alpine Headunit. He also grabbed about 300 cd's and he took my backpack with him. I guess he stuffed everything in it to get away but he didn't even bother to dump my school books out including a term paper.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:24 PM
TECH Veteran

yup I had a badass Fullsize 4x4 Blazer jacked up new paint full restored, etc. I had a 4000 dollar stereo system in it and I was at my High school(private school). The ************* tried to pry my handle off with the screw driver(which was unsuccessful) and ended screwing my door up and my new fresh paint(Gunmetal Grey Metallic). That didnt work so they threw a brick through my window, took screw drivers to my dashboard, dragged my sub woofer box(big enclosed and ported) and scratched my console and broke the brackets that anchored the console in.

After that, I never bought another aftermarket stereo part again.

Stock does just fine for me.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Thankfully my cd's weren't in the car since it's for sale.

I'm going to have to replace the window myself. Liability won't pay for it, and I don't have enough to get it done professionally.

Has anyone ever replaced an f-body window? was it hard?
Old 03-20-2007, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

My good buddy was trying to sell his prelude a while back. He put it on the side of the road one night and had noticed that it had actually moved a few inches. When he went to investigate it he realized thieves had broken into and completely stripped the interior. It was sad that someones greed and dissrespect cost him to have to sell his prelude for much less than he had originally asked for it.

Some people are plain *** holes.

After seeing that im with SHINER, stock stereo is fine for me especially owning a convertible.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Launching!

Well, I would have left it with the stock stereo, but when I got it the stock was already replaced. Since the girl selling it wanted to keep her kenwood I just bought a cheap pioneer.

My SS is keeping the monsoon for as long as it plays.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

In my old Honda Accord, the thief took my JVC mp3 deck out without a scratch. He even left the wiring harness intact as well. When I got up in the morning, all doors and trunk were open, I guess he was hoping to find a subwoofer box/amp there.

To make the story short, cop showed up and got the fingerprints off the body where he cut the weatherstripping. Hopefully, one day it is going to bite that thief in the *** when he/she applies for a job or gets booked up.

I think that punk lives in my neighborhood and even knows me - that would explain why he did such an outstanding job.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks man. My office was broken into a few weeks ago and they made off with 4 laptops...among other things. At least the Ins company kicked in and helped us out. I would LOOVVVEE to catch someone in the act doing this kind of stuff!
Old 03-20-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Veteran

I like that scene in Pulp Fiction. "If I could have just cought that ************..."
Old 03-20-2007, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

Something is wrong with laws in this county. For example, I hear my alarm, jump out of bed with my .40.

I cannot:
- shoot the thief, nor his car, esp. shoot him in the back while he is running away with stereo under his arm.
1. Because it will be classified as a dangerous discharge of a firearm in the neighborhood (fine is about $1k), God forbid, I shot my neighbor's house (paper walls of today's houses are a joke);
2. Because the thief ******* can sue me back (if he survives) or his family (if he is dead) for any pain and suffering my gun bullet/fist/etc caused him. I am going to lose in the court, because no property can be valued more than a life of a scumbag. Now I am stuck making monthly payments to the a$$ who robbed me!

For examlpe, say, I won't shoot him, but use a baseball bat on his head. The same rule applies - can't touch the ****. What are we supposed to do to defend our property? Nothing. Not unless, the f%ck head is in your house and you feel that your life/family is in danger - then it is a different story.

I am done venting. Thanks for reading.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to live near Mexico. They will steal ANYTHING! We lost so much petty stuff it was crazy, they even tried to take my LT1 TA once. Damn illegals.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Launching!

My problem is that I don't really care about the stereo. It was no major loss. But the window?!

That's gunna be a PITA to fix. A guy that just spent all of his money buying a new car should not have to put windows in his old one!

What am I supposed to do? Should I just leave the doors unlocked?! That's stupid!
Old 03-20-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by darom
SFor examlpe, say, I won't shoot him, but use a baseball bat on his head. The same rule applies - can't touch the ****. What are we supposed to do to defend our property?
Honestly, i don't know the answer to that question.
Nothing. Not unless, the f%ck head is in your house and you feel that your life/family is in danger - then it is a different story.
Bull **** it would be. You'll go to court where it gets decided by a jury. They could be break down your door with a weapon and you still get charged with something. You would not believe some of the stories.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

we had three radio's in our civic in 2 years. the first one was a cassete deck too. the second time it was a honda service tech who got our address from paperwork. the third time happend a few days ago at my work in broad daylight. No one has touched the el camino though.. Seems to me that no one in our neighboor hood is willing to mess with it.... I make it apparent that i watch it and no one has come near it.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Resident

i have nerver had my car broken into, thank god, and that sucks to those who have but someone broke into my garage and took rims tires intake and carb that came off my 1980 camaro that i was working on. i havent touched the car sence, it killed me, and the worst part about it was that the only people who knew i had that stuff it there where so called "friends". basterds, they are lucky i never found out who did it.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Mexican's who tried to take my Trans Am cut the seals around my window and pulled it down and messed up the column and when it wouldnt start (passkey II) they tried to take the rims and when those wouldnt come off due to the lock they took my CD's and cologne and ****. Little bastards. I almost tackled one of them but he cut off into an orange grove
Old 03-20-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

WoW!!,.....that happened to me and my 68 a few years back! Makes ya just want to walk around and kick everyone in the sack!!!