General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

2007 Woodward Dream Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2007 Woodward Dream Cruise

After missing last year due to logistical complications, I'll be making back up to the cruise this year. Where is the F-Body hang out going to be? Hopefully I'll be bringing the Z, so I'll be psyched if we could all get together somewhere.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

Moderators, please feel free to move this thread if this is the wrong spot.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Count me in. I can't wait!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

Usually they hang out in the 11 to 13 mile range of Woodward. I'll be there throughout the week (starts on the Mon before the official kickoff). See you there.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cant wait...hopefully katech ls7 is there again
Old 07-12-2007, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Pantz, you have to drive through Erie I see considering your coming from R-Chestr. What day are you heading up? My brother in law lives in Grand Blanc and is going and is begging me to bring the TA, Im still in debating mode, but just trying to see if I go if I could cruise up with someone? I love the dream cruise, I havent missed a year in a long time, but Im pushing it this year.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Smokin00WS6
Pantz, you have to drive through Erie I see considering your coming from R-Chestr. What day are you heading up? My brother in law lives in Grand Blanc and is going and is begging me to bring the TA, Im still in debating mode, but just trying to see if I go if I could cruise up with someone? I love the dream cruise, I havent missed a year in a long time, but Im pushing it this year.
Well, we usually go through Canada because it's quicker. I'm in the same boat as you man. I'm still debating whether to bring my car. My brother is going and has a Blazer, so I might see about getting a trailer for the weekend. Just in case I happen to get a little crazy with the car that weekend and break something, I don't have to drive it back. But either way, we should all definitely all meet up. I'm dying to meet some of you guys. There's hardly any people around here with F-Bodies, and most of them are 6's. I'll keep you posted on my plans as it gets nearer.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OH man this post just reminded me about the dream cruise. I may have to make an appearance, that is if I get my car back together in time. Ill keep an eye out for you guys though.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Definitely do 9730. Year before last I visited a huge Mustang lot and got jealous. Didn't see too many Camaro lots, but I may have just been in the wrong spot.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Addict

what exactly is this dream cruise?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The Woodward Dream Cruise is the largest one day automotive event in the World. [the date for this year is August 18th] It runs 16 miles through the suburbs of Detroit from Ferndale to Pontiac. Though most of the people congest the area's around Royal Oak and Birmingham there are events and things going on through the entire strip.
I've been securing a spot near Square Lake Rd for the last 3 years now, and usually have a couple F-body groups show up. So all are welcome to stop by or hang out for as long as you like.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1W66
The Woodward Dream Cruise is the largest one day automotive event in the World. [the date for this year is August 18th] It runs 16 miles through the suburbs of Detroit from Ferndale to Pontiac. Though most of the people congest the area's around Royal Oak and Birmingham there are events and things going on through the entire strip.
I've been securing a spot near Square Lake Rd for the last 3 years now, and usually have a couple F-body groups show up. So all are welcome to stop by or hang out for as long as you like.
Where abouts exactly is Square Lake Road? Around what mile?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

what all goes on during this?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
what all goes on during this?
Go on youtube and just search Woodward dream cruise, its just some of the best of the best muscle cars around the US and Canada. Its amazing! 1.3million people last year showed up I think. Watch the videos and thats what happens. Its worth going up at least once in your life.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pantz28
Well, we usually go through Canada because it's quicker. I'm in the same boat as you man. I'm still debating whether to bring my car. My brother is going and has a Blazer, so I might see about getting a trailer for the weekend. Just in case I happen to get a little crazy with the car that weekend and break something, I don't have to drive it back. But either way, we should all definitely all meet up. I'm dying to meet some of you guys. There's hardly any people around here with F-Bodies, and most of them are 6's. I'll keep you posted on my plans as it gets nearer.
Ah thats right, that would be quicker wouldnt it. Trailer would be the way to go. Ill keep my eyes out for updates, and Ill have my brother in law scout out some good places to be. I love this event.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Yea, this is the best of the best events. I got turned on to the cruise right out of high school. My dad's college friend works for GM and invited us down. Back then they let all the people right up on the streets (which you can do in some places now still), but they let the people do burnouts until the rode away on rims. Now, if they catch you, you're getting a $500 ticket. I know they have to look out for the safety of people, but it still sucks. In their defense though, the cruise does grow EVERY year, so they have to be careful. All in all though, just being able to see the cars that some of these people have is just rediculous. For anyone who reads this and doesn't know what it is, or has never been to the cruise, look it up online. And for all the people who have gone, share some stories to get people interested. That'd be so bad *** if TONS of F-Bodies went and secured a lot somewhere.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

I'll have to look into going to this. Sounds like an awesome event.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

looks pretty cool, maybe ill try making it up there
Old 07-12-2007, 11:49 AM
11 Second Club

OMG its unbelievable how many cars are there. Ya the bad thing is it tends to get really congested in certain areas. I would love to see more F-bodies there. Specially some first and second gens. I hope to have my car back together and runnin by then. *still sittin in the garage with just the block in the car, puttin forged pistons and a few other goodies in it.* But ya keep an eye out for me. Probably be about the only 30th z out there *well original paint anyways* might even see the SS with the STS turbo on it. man that thing moves!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:00 PM
11 Second Club

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTjSfhlVk...elated&search= here is a link to a video of a bunch of random burnouts and such. Give ya an idea as to what cars you will see. And ya there are some F-bodies but needs to be ALOT more.