General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

2008 Rousch Stage 3 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Rousch Stage 3 Mustang

I drove a 2008 Rousch Stage 3 Mustang the other night. All I can say is that it was very disappointing. My car with a smoked clutch would run circles around it. I do not believe at all the 12.90 posted times out there. It would not even chirp the tires in first while rolling. I guess the 4.6 liter and the 4200lb curb weight = Turd. He should have spent 18K less and bought a Vette. The only good things were the 6 piston brakes with 2-piece rotors and the shifter.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Teching In

I agree, although I think Ford hit the nail on the head with the interior of the new mustang, I was completely disappointed across the board for all the new packages. Heck even the new GT500. NEW MUSTANG = PIG.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Regular

They look very nice but you still cant beat a LS1.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

i drove a 428R in Tulsa a few months ago....NOT impressed. my cam only SS would have ran all over it.

it wasn't THAT bad of a car, it's just IMPOSSIBLE to justify the $68,xxx sticker it had on it. you can't fool me with a little carbon fiber trim, big wheels, and body kits...i know a polished turd when i see one.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2000_SS
i drove a 428R in Tulsa a few months ago....NOT impressed. my cam only SS would have ran all over it.

it wasn't THAT bad of a car, it's just IMPOSSIBLE to justify the $68,xxx sticker it had on it. you can't fool me with a little carbon fiber trim, big wheels, and body kits...i know a polished turd when i see one.
LOL! It looked OK and the interior was pretty nice, the seats were more comfortable than my camaro, but I din't see anything to justify the cost. He should have spent a few grand more and got a Z06.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BANDIT8
They look very nice but you still cant beat a LS1.
Agreed.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tirefryer
LOL! It looked OK and the interior was pretty nice, the seats were more comfortable than my camaro, but I din't see anything to justify the cost. He should have spent a few grand more and got a Z06.
yeah the seats WERE more comfortable. i noticed that too. the car was at a dealership, i fooled them into thinking i had money. it was a typical "retarded salesman" situation. i told him all about my car's "LT1 Corvette engine" after he asked why it sounded so "rough."

after a while he passed me off to their resident 'stang expert. he picked up very quickly on how much i knew about stuff and also on the fact that i was there JUST to drive that car. he was cool as hell though. i sat and BS'd with him for probably 30-45 minutes. if i were to buy a rustang, it'd be from that guy. he knew his stuff. he showed me pictures of a car that left minutes before i showed up that he had built for a guy. it was a '08 Rousch that they put a 3500 stall, built rear-end, pulley, injectors, cold air kit, ILLEGAL EXHAUST, custom tune, and a few other things. he said the package he prescribed was a proven high 10 second deal that he did for people who wanted it. the car was brand new and still had the entire factory warranty on it. THAT was pretty badass, but the stock versions of these cars are NOT impressive OR worth the money. a 10-year-old LSx still has way more appeal and bang for your buck than any current mustang, IMHO.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:16 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

This is general LSX discussion, not general mod motor discussion.