General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

WATER! behind pass seat!! SOB!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 12:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WATER! behind pass seat!! SOB!

This is totally uncalled for, i jacked the car up the other day to put a PST ds in and left the car up because i had something to do. Welp turns out it rained, as i was under the car i noticed water coming down from underneath a bolt! water is inside my car! its in like mint condition, never driven in the rain, nothing. now i have a puddle and water under my carpet. So wtf is goin on here I'm tired of this no garage bullshit, guess im gunna have to take it to the STORAGE unit and start taking **** out of it to dry, the car still smells brand new, im so pissed right now
Old 11-08-2008, 01:21 PM
12 Second Club

just took the car out, now the new driveshaft is vibrating bad! what a day. Cleaning it up and putting it away for the whole winter. f it.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:03 PM
TECH Addict

Ah, owning a Camaro. . . .right there with ya.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:23 PM
12 Second Club

i cant seem to stay away from this shat. My 3rd gen with t-tops ALWAYS leaked, new stripping, new t-top bar, the whole 9 yards. It still leaked, id always get water on myself when driving.. And now this! i cant believe it. I'm gunna take the whole carpet out.. its soaked and im pissed.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by crazy3rdgen
i cant seem to stay away from this shat. My 3rd gen with t-tops ALWAYS leaked, new stripping, new t-top bar, the whole 9 yards. It still leaked, id always get water on myself when driving.. And now this! i cant believe it. I'm gunna take the whole carpet out.. its soaked and im pissed.
thats because the littlle black rubber is on wrong same thing here took it 2 a window guy and never had another problem.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

If the weather barrier has been removed or is not sealed from behind the door trim panel water can drip from the belt moulding and splash offt he regulator ect and find its way through the holes in the inner door structure. Over an extended rain it can puddle on top of the weatherstrip and soak into the carpet.

This is rare but it has happened.. If you dont know what to look for its near impossible to track down also.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:15 PM
12 Second Club

welp it deff came from the hatch seal area, because i pretty much stripped the cars interior, and you can see the water trail. Even if this car was was jacked up from the rear and tilted.. it wasn't THAT drastic... im sure i could simulate this by parking on a hill. So really.. this is just bad luck i guess.. think i should buy new carpet? its only like 150 bucks genuine gm? that might be my best bet to keep everything mint.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:35 PM
12 Second Club

so glad i took out the carpet.. water was soaked up to the driver and passenger feet area! Gunna let the carpet dry out and go from there. Car is put away.. so i feel better now. kinda.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks man guess its time for a vette.