General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Intermitent starting issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intermitent starting issue

I am having an issue with Starting my car some times. I know it isn't the battery or anything like that. The battery is brand new and all the accessories work.
What I think is happening is the computer is failing to recognize that the clutch is pushed in and there for doesn't try to crank. but after a few tries of pumping the clutch in and out it will finally recognize. what is the issue? and what can I do to get it fixed?

thanks,

Russ
Old 12-10-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A guy in the Texas section had the same problem. It was the clutch pedal switch, and he bought a new one for 7$ from Oreillys.

Here is a link to the thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...14507-wth.html
Old 12-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Launching!

Thanks. I am pretty sure that is what it is... I am going to ahve to get it fixed tonight.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out. Wouldn't it be great if the problem is that simple?
Old 12-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Launching!

Yes it would be great if it was that simple
Old 12-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Launching!

OK... I am having the same issue. I have the new Clutch safety switch in place and the car still doesn't want to start. I am thinking it is a different issue. I am about 99.9% sure it isn't my Clutch Safety switch. I have the new one in place and it doesn't want to start. what i have been doing now is turning the key all the way to the start position and then slowly pushing clutch in and also trying the conventional way. All I get is a single click. which is what i think is the Clutch safety relaying that it is working, I am thinking maybe it is the starter or something like that.
Keep in mind I just had everything swapped over to this car from my other car. Wiring and all. have any ideas on what it could be? I just want to get it running so it will start up the first time every time. the car runs great if I can get it started.

The Battery is brand new. the car won't even crank. something is wrong with getting the car to understand that the clutch is pushed in or the starter could be bad.

Please help!
Old 01-01-2010, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can,JUST FOR TESTING,take the two wires off switch and connect them together.CAR WILL LURCH FOWARD IF YOU LEFT IT IN GEAR!!!!!!!!!TEST ONLY IN NEUTRAL!!!!!!!If problem goes away its the switch-either it wasn't installed right or just plain bad.Or you can hook an ohmeter to the two terminals the wires go on ,with them removed , and push clutch in to see if you have continuity.
If you can confirm its not the switch let us know and we can help track down the problem
Old 01-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Launching!

Turned out to be the Starter...Put a new one on it today and all is well.
Thanks for the input