General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Damn this *cruise control*

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn this *cruise control*

The plan is to solve this Cruise Control once & 4 all.
traction/ASR was removed when i bought my Z/28.
i checked if the button work & they all showed they got power but cruise won't engage ...
clueless here, any input appreciated
Old 05-14-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

check the clutch switch at the top of the pedal. If its out of adjustment, the cruise won't work. The switch needs to be fully depressed when the clutch is engaged (when you foot isn't touching the clutch pedal)
Old 05-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Launching!

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 99monguse
check the clutch switch at the top of the pedal. If its out of adjustment, the cruise won't work. The switch needs to be fully depressed when the clutch is engaged (when you foot isn't touching the clutch pedal)
i had a code about a clutch switch ... i think it was cleared or disabled .... will check & take pics .... thanks mate
Old 05-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Launching!

what i found was a white switch with a grey button just nothing touching the pedal stick .... can you support me with a pic please
Old 05-19-2010, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Look at the clutch pedal and follow it up to the dash. Now you should see a switch mechanism to the top of the pedal. If you use you hand, while you're looking at the top of the clutch pedal (under the dash), and move the clutch pedal in and out you should see where the pedal and the switch come into contact with each other. When the clutch is engaged, meaning the pedal is up (not pushed down), the switches end should be pushed fully, if its not...then turn the threads on the switch until its fully depressed when the clutch is engaged.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Reaperchild
what i found was a white switch with a grey button just nothing touching the pedal stick .... can you support me with a pic please
That might be it, is it toward the top of the clutch pedal under the dash? If the buttons not being depressed by the clutch pedal when the clutch is engaged (not being pushed down) then simply adjust the switch until it is fully depressed by the clutch pedal.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Launching!

Thumbs up

That might be it, is it toward the top of the clutch pedal under the dash? If the buttons not being depressed by the clutch pedal when the clutch is engaged (not being pushed down) then simply adjust the switch until it is fully depressed by the clutch pedal.
Thanx mate ... you solved the problem =)
turned out the mounting plastic was broken ... so fabbed somthing up to hang it there for a long time ..... cant thank u enough ... cruise control was dead scince day 1 .... &it feels good to do such free mods haha
Old 05-21-2010, 06:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That switch is easily broken when you change a master cylinder. I broke mine that way by letting the clutch petal fly back up to the top without the little master cylinder rod hooked to it. It took me a day or two to figure out why my cruise wasn't working anymore, lol. Kinda like the little oil sending unit breaking when you remove the intake manifold. If you don't know there's something to break then you'll probably break it
Old 05-21-2010, 08:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Reaperchild
Thanx mate ... you solved the problem =)
turned out the mounting plastic was broken ... so fabbed somthing up to hang it there for a long time ..... cant thank u enough ... cruise control was dead scince day 1 .... &it feels good to do such free mods haha
No prob...glad to help! Its good to have AC!