General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Removing AIR on 98 Formula

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing AIR on 98 Formula

Hey guys I'm in the middle of installing longtubes and and ls6 intake. I got the texas speed longtubes so there are no ports for the AIR or EGR. The only connections I see for the AIR is The two pipes that were connected to the exhaust manifolds. The two connections run to a T and meet up and they follow a hose down the Driver side to the air pump. For some reason when i looked something else up they said you have to plug something like a vacuum line??? The threads I seen with this are all on cars 99 and newer. Also all the pictures don't work on the old threads. Any Idea on what line they were talking about??
Old 08-08-2013, 12:17 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure if this applies to 98 or not, but if you look on the driver side of the intake manifold, you'll see a little module thing that has a couple of vacuum lines going to it. One of those goes to the to of the vacuum switch (that round thing with the large AIR tubes going to it) and the other runs to the back of the manifold. You'll remove all of that stuff, but what you'll cap off is behind the manifold...

There is a T vacuum fitting back there. You'll want to remove the top line (that's the line that's coming from that AIR mess) and put a plug on top of it. You'll keep the other lines on either side of the T because they control your HVAC vents.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

I honestly don't see anything like that. I have the intake manifold off and the only vacuum lines that i seen where the one to the brake booster and the little one that goes to the passenger side. I can take a picture of what I took off would that help? I'm getting confused because I took the whole AIR assembly off that was under the splash shield and the only connect to that was the large hose that was connected to the manifolds.....
Old 08-08-2013, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

I snapped some pics.... This looks like a stand alone system on my car to me???

Old 08-08-2013, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

Some more searching and I found my answer. Thanks for the help though. Here's the link to the article in case someone pulls this up looking for answers. https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...r-removal.html
Old 08-08-2013, 02:16 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like you '98 guys just have that small vacuum hose off the intake for HVAC. Otherwise, it looks like a super easy removal!

Quick Reply: Removing AIR on 98 Formula