General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

missing door screw piece.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default missing door screw piece.

hey just got in the car and noticeed the round piece around the screw above door handle was missing or fell off. does anyone know what size it is and whats its called? id like to get one from home depot so i can replace it. its on the inside, and its the screw right above the lock and door handle. its the round piece with a hole thats around the screw. also i was wondering if its ok to super glue that whole place piece that holds the inside door handle and lock because it feels a little loose.

Last edited by JpxZ28; 02-16-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JpxZ28
hey just got in the car and noticeed the round piece around the screw above door handle was missing or fell off. does anyone know what size it is and whats its called? id like to get one from home depot so i can replace it. its on the inside, and its the screw right above the lock and door handle. its the round piece with a hole thats around the screw. also i was wondering if its ok to super glue that whole place piece that holds the inside door handle and lock because it feels a little loose.
Regarding the super glue: I wouldn't do that. If you ever need to take the door apart for anything (blown speaker, bad window motor) that piece needs to come off. Maybe try a tiny piece of tape somewhere underneath to make it fit tight.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

ok

does anyone know what im talking about? the screw thats right above the door handle. its a screw and round piece around the screw.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

that top screw right above the door handle. does anyone know where i can get that round piece thats around the screw?
Old 02-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Round piece around the screw? That screw has a large stepped head on it. That is not separate if that is what you are talking about.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take the one out of the passenger side and visit the dealer...