General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Big Water Puddle, Under Back Seat..

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Big Water Puddle, Under Back Seat..

Well I was running audio wires on the passenger side today so I could get all my speakers amped and well I found some disturbing **** under my passenger seat under the carpet (bottom side) its wet so I kept going back because it was all wet and lifted out the backseat boom, bigass puddle got the vac out and sucked it up... I'v checked a few things so far let

-T-top seals are good I checked last night during rain + headliner is not wet at all
-Hatch Seal is good
-Door Seals are good

Kinda confused how this happend guys iv heard of the pass floorboard thing but not this
Old 03-12-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this problem is older than dirt. when you park on an incline with the nose pointing DOWN, water pools up by the hatch and overflows into your backseat
Old 03-12-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

yep i park with the nose pointing down.. goddamnit tainted u got it right on the head I wasnt thinking

where exactly does it leak down the sail panel or what?? the back of my seats wheren't wet (back seat)
Old 03-13-2007, 06:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

a better fix for this would have just been "alcohol"...
Old 03-13-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

took out my whole carpet today because i figured id let it dry out right.. everything passenger seat back is soaking then under the driver side back seat was damp...

gonna let it dry then shampoo the carpet also run all my speakers and subs with the factory wires... maybe do some sound deadening stuff to
Old 03-13-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

crap. this happens to me everytime it rains. are we going to have to worry about our floor panels rusting now?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

YESSSS THE ANWSERRRRRRR OMG i have been waiting for ever to figure this out. My car always smells like meldew
Old 03-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Launching!

The answer to the problem is to rip off the hatch weather striping and use 3m weatherstriping glue and weld that **** back onto the car. Pay special attention to the corner where the bpillar meets the quarter panel. The stock glue is ****, even it if appears good. Your going to have to pull the carpet out anyways because it's wet, but thats okay. Trust me, I had this problem on both my fbodies.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sp00rkz
The answer to the problem is to rip off the hatch weather striping and use 3m weatherstriping glue and weld that **** back onto the car. Pay special attention to the corner where the bpillar meets the quarter panel. The stock glue is ****, even it if appears good. Your going to have to pull the carpet out anyways because it's wet, but thats okay. Trust me, I had this problem on both my fbodies.
iv pulled it off before and stuck it back on but with all weatherstripping i do that to i made sure to press it on all the way... do i have to reglue the hole thing? also originalyl was there any weaterhstripping on the deck lid? or is it all below (just a question)
Old 03-14-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Resident

+1 for weatherstripping help. can't wait to get this done. any more details on weatherstripping that we should know to prevent our cars from drowning?
Old 03-14-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

using grease on the weather stripping will prolong thier life.....also mcguires makes a balm almost that comes in a purple bottle you can put on the weather stripping to help it out

Quick Reply: Big Water Puddle, Under Back Seat..