General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

newb q's and a broken torque arm

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newb q's and a broken torque arm

ive had my car for about a year now. i drive it as a daily driver. when i bought it the car already had a 12 bolt and an edlebrock torque arm....

a few days ago i noticed some sounds coming out of the rear i lifted it and noticed the torque arm is broken where it gets bolted on

sorry if the pix suck but that is the best i could get at the moment

i tried googling info on the torque arm and thats when i noticed that this specific torque arm is for 10 bolts not 12.

so should i go with an adjustable arm?

i honestly dont know what kind of 12 bolt it is i just know its a 12 bolt, i cant find any logo or anything on it.

and also, is the 12 bolt (in general sincei dont know what kind i have) supposed to have a different drive shaft from the stock one?
Old 07-12-2008, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Id recommend a BMR adjustable arm, that way you can get your pinion angle set exactly right. Since you currently have a 12 bolt in there, the non adjustable would be just a waist of money its preset for factory 10 bolt rear ends, the adjustable is the way to go. I would also be careful getting up on your car with a busted torque arm, its ok to drive it but just be careful, depending on what lower control arms you have you could through your rear end right out of your car. Good luck
Old 07-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Teching In

ill look up that bmr torque arm, but what about the drive shaft?

would i be alright with the stock shaft? or would i need a different one?
Old 07-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Teching In

also, any 1 have any idea how the hell the arm could of gotten broken in that spot?

the car doesnt have any power adders or anything...
Old 07-13-2008, 05:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

edelbrock torque arms are very cheap pos torque arms. theres tons of threads on here about broken ones
Old 07-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jsteele90
edelbrock torque arms are very cheap pos torque arms. theres tons of threads on here about broken ones
is it possible to have messed something else up causing it to break?
Old 07-14-2008, 08:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We offer a few nice torque arm set-ups as well. We have adjustable torque arms starting at $299. We also have set-ups with built in drive shaft loops. Please take a look at the link below and let me know if you would have any questions. All the torque arms below will work on your 12-bolt... if your 12-Bolt has (4) small bolts, (2) on top and (2) on the bottom holding the torque arm in place it is a Moser brand.

http://www.umiperformance.com/produc...ategory_id=130

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 07-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
We offer a few nice torque arm set-ups as well. We have adjustable torque arms starting at $299. We also have set-ups with built in drive shaft loops. Please take a look at the link below and let me know if you would have any questions. All the torque arms below will work on your 12-bolt... if your 12-Bolt has (4) small bolts, (2) on top and (2) on the bottom holding the torque arm in place it is a Moser brand.

http://www.umiperformance.com/produc...ategory_id=130

Thank you!
Ryan
thanks for the info on trying to figure out what type of 12 bolt it is and ill definitely take your torque arm into consideration as soon as i come up with some cash