Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got my tsp LT,s today!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got my tsp LT,s today!

Finally received my 1-7/8 LT,s from tsp today! They look great, awesome quality for the price! Just thought i would put a good word out for Matt at tsp. Great customer service fast shipping ( i ordered them along with a ORY and rumbler cat back and they had them in the mail the same day and they were at my door in 3 days! Now i cant wait for a day off work to get started I will follow up on how the install went as soon as i find the time to do it.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just dealt with them last week. im recommending TSP to all my buddies.

good luck with the install.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:48 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all these people receiving long tubes lately
Old 11-08-2008, 03:58 AM
TECH Addict

^^^^ winter projects maybe?
Old 11-08-2008, 04:12 AM
Banned

wish i had some time to install my intake
Old 11-08-2008, 04:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
^^^^ winter projects maybe?
this is so cal, modding is a year round sport

Originally Posted by ae13291
wish i had some time to install my intake
i wish i HAD my intake. the guy i got it from on here wont return my emails.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by noriceinside
this is so cal, modding is a year round sport

i wish i HAD my intake. the guy i got it from on here wont return my emails.
LS6 intake? tell that jerk off to refund you or file a claim with paypal, then he is obligated to refund you
Old 11-08-2008, 06:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey, I saw those and was wondering how those would compare to whats out there.. Keep us updated when you put them on, hopefully you can get a tune and see how much they increased on power..
Old 11-08-2008, 07:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

LS6 intake? tell that jerk off to refund you or file a claim with paypal, then he is obligated to refund you

Fat chance he will get any money back if the guy's bank account has 0 dollars in it. Which is usually what happens when you get screwed by another person..

they will just make a new paypal account new bank account and start all over again..
Old 11-08-2008, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea it happened to me on ebay, that's why you gotta watch feedback. Or maybe he's just busy, you never know.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Finally put them on today ! sorry my digital camera took a so i cant post any pics of the install. I am impressed over all with these headers as i have also installed pacesetter LT on a 01 z and these are overall a better deal IMO. Throttle response is great and i dont think i lost anything at all down low as the myth says with 1-7/8 LT,s on a stock cube ls1. Actually seat of the pants it feels like i gained down low in torque and definatley noticeable gains up top! My car was dyno tuned before headers and tsp true duals at 318hp & 330tq on a dynojet. Later this winter i will be dynoing again but hopefully that is after h/c setup from tsp also As far as the install i cant say it was easy. Even tho the fit on them was great overall, it is a lot of work to get these big of headers on. Passenger side went in great, just had to have the car jacked up at least 18" to slide it in. The driver side on the other hand was a different storyAll said and done had to completely remove the ds motor mount,(not because of old or sagging mounts either). It was just flat out in the way. Also had to grind a bit on the k member. Not to mention i had to get the car almost 26" off the ground. Over all it went pretty smooth but was not me or my buddies first install on these cars either. I removed my air/egr sytems at the same time with a overall inatall time of around 7 hours. Hope this helps anyone interested in these headers from tsp. Great product just would not wanna install these very often.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

he had 100% positive feedback. 20 something positives on his profile. im currently in a dispute resolution and i wanna upgrade it to a claim but i wont let me yet. i feel im going to lose that money.

sorry for hijacking, that sounds impressive. my pacesetters really seemed to take away some bottom end and put it all up top. at least they were uber easy to install.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:21 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the feedback! When you say you ground on the K-member, was that to get them in, or to clear once installed? How did the moor mounts look? Could they be sagging some causing that clearance issue? We haven't had anyone tell us they needed to grind any, so I'm just curious.

Let us know if we can help with anything on your vehicle in the future!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 11-13-2008, 12:24 PM
11 Second Club

im glad someone finally chimed in with these, im thinking about getting a set for Xmas
Old 11-13-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
im glad someone finally chimed in with these, im thinking about getting a set for Xmas
X2. Maybe ill be ordering these the 21st from TSP instead of the Pacesetters. Thanks for the thread. Did you get 02 extensions or gaskets or bolts?
Old 11-13-2008, 02:37 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

FWIW, I run 1 7/8 and no cats on my C6 and I lost NADA down low, if anything, the tires fry instantly when I hit it. I would always go 1 7/8 since you never stop modding. But thats just me.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Restricted User

NICE!! I'm definitely getting a set for my next car.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:00 PM
12 Second Club

Well I just got done helpin BIGFTRUCK put those big f'in tubes in that car and man what a motherf@cker! There was literally blood, tears, gashes in hands grinding, motor mount movin and enough cussing that i'll probably never be able to kiss my momma agian! I hate installing headers on these cars it SUCKS!

But when it was all done the sound and the responsiveness of the car made it all worth it. These headers look and sound awesome. Just another Great product from Texas Speed.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Teching In

Tomorrow i will try to get some pics posted of the finished product and maybe a sound clip. To answer matts question im sure we could have got these installed without any grinding of the k member but i didnt want to scratch the ceramic off any as it was such a tight fit we decided to grind the k member to help with clearance inatalling the headers. Once they were bolted in there is plenty of clearance between the headers and other parts of the car. The fit is awesome IMO. Also my motor mounts actually looked pretty good didnt seem to be sagging. I purchased the 02 exts from tsp but i used my gm gaskets and stock manifold bolts. They sealed right first time with no prob, and after around a 100 miles still no leaks. I love the deep throaty sound of these along with the TD w/ bullet mufflers. I was trying to decide between these and pacesetters and im glad i chose these since the mods will keep coming!
Old 11-14-2008, 01:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gsxr1k2
Well I just got done helpin BIGFTRUCK put those big f'in tubes in that car and man what a motherf@cker! There was literally blood, tears, gashes in hands grinding, motor mount movin and enough cussing that i'll probably never be able to kiss my momma agian! I hate installing headers on these cars it SUCKS!
youre kidding? i was amazed at how easy it was. removing the stock y pipe from the i-pipe was the worst for me. my headers literally slipped right in.