Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which option?
LS6 intake, ported tb, bullet dumped off the ypipe
63.83%
TSP duals with dynomax bullets
25.53%
Ill leave this open to you guys, ive got about 500 to work with...
10.64%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

So what to get for christmas....come vote and share your list!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So what to get for christmas....come vote and share your list!

Im sick of my exhaust the catbacks too quiet and the cutout sounds like ***. Ive got a couple options here... Option 1 a friend has an ls6 intake for 300, a ported tb, and then Id proly just do a bullet or something on the end of the y dumped. Option 2 should I get some tsp duals with the dynomax bullets and do the ls6 intake later on say spring or something. Option 3 you fill in some other recommendation...lets hear it and what is on your christmas list?
Old 11-17-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep your current exhaust, but throw the bullet before the cutout...that way you have a quiet exhaust if need be.

or you could always put a different muffler on the rear

but the ls6 would be a NICE upgrade
Old 11-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LS6 intake, ported throttle body, FTRA.

Save up for something good. Don't just hack off the Rumbler and put a bullet on the y-pipe. That won't make the exhaust much louder since the Rumbler is basically just straight pipe. It'll just make the resonance in the car really bad so it'll seem louder to you - and really annoying overtime.

Save up for the duals and do it right. You'll be much happier.

I'm getting a shift kit and accumulator pistons for Christmas
Old 11-17-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I 2nd the duals.

My list is billet fuel rails, 76lb injectors, and the msd voltage booster.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

i voted for the tsp true duals.

for my list i cant decide if i just want money to go towards a midwest chassis 9'' rear, or a cam.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:06 PM
formerly 2000blackcamaross (6-25-2013)

Trade the car to me for a X-box360 and call of duty 5. That way you don't have to worry about the car and you can play COD5. lol

I would get the LS6 intake and put a bullet on after the y. You can always upgrade exhaust later.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
LS6 intake, ported throttle body, FTRA.

Save up for something good. Don't just hack off the Rumbler and put a bullet on the y-pipe. That won't make the exhaust much louder since the Rumbler is basically just straight pipe. It'll just make the resonance in the car really bad so it'll seem louder to you - and really annoying overtime.

Save up for the duals and do it right. You'll be much happier.

I'm getting a shift kit and accumulator pistons for Christmas
i dont have the rumbler catback, its just the stock z28 rectangle tip catback with a cutout in the i pipe both are on opposite ends of the suckometer...one is too quiet but its a nice tone and the other is stupid loud and has no tone, its like farm truck but its awful at like 2000rpm its like the pipe rattles from resonance or its rasp or somthin idk for sure...either way an exhaust fix has to factor in this holiday...keep those votes comin!
Old 11-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by jrob56
i dont have the rumbler catback, its just the stock z28 rectangle tip catback with a cutout in the i pipe both are on opposite ends of the suckometer...one is too quiet but its a nice tone and the other is stupid loud and has no tone, its like farm truck but its awful at like 2000rpm its like the pipe rattles from resonance or its rasp or somthin idk for sure...either way an exhaust fix has to factor in this holiday...keep those votes comin!
Sorry I misread your sig. When I saw TSP I assumed catback because I saw QTP longtubes. I had no idea the TSP y-pipe would mate up to QTP's. That had to have taken modification?

Open cutout is just about as loud as it can get. Granted, it'll be quieter on a stock catback since 100% of the exhaust doesn't exit through the cutout. Still, if you spend money on a catback, you're not going to gain a whole lot more noise or power. You'll gain TONS through a ported TB and LS6 intake. Switching to TSP TD's won't do much at all for performance and I doubt it'll be a whole lot louder.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

well i would do ls6 intake cause you will probably do a cam later and thats still a good intake for a cam, but if you dont get it i will take that ls6 intake
Old 11-17-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am getting my LS1 for christmas... happy dance.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I voted for your first choice.

I'm gonna try and get a Nikon or Canon camera for x-mas.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You know, I wished Santa was real. All of our mods and how to afford them problems would be gone!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

voted for the first setup i ran it for alost 2 years and liked it alot

anothe option buy a bbk intake for about the same price alot of people dont like it but for what u pay its alot better than a ls6 i hade both for a long time i kept the bbk on my car

my christmas present tsp 370ci 2.5 ls6 heads milled to 60cc ms4 cam

"Save up for something good. Don't just hack off the Rumbler and put a bullet on the y-pipe. That won't make the exhaust much louder since the Rumbler is basically just straight pipe. It'll just make the resonance in the car really bad so it'll seem louder to you - and really annoying overtime."

not true i also have both the rumbler is alot more quit than my bullet dumped off the y

i had a **** ton of people comment me on how good my car sounded at the track and on the street with the bullet dumped y but it was to loud for my subdivision and people were bithcing so i got the rumbler and am puting a cutout in it this winter best of both for cheap
Old 11-17-2008, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

I voted for the first one.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Sorry I misread your sig. When I saw TSP I assumed catback because I saw QTP longtubes. I had no idea the TSP y-pipe would mate up to QTP's. That had to have taken modification?

Open cutout is just about as loud as it can get. Granted, it'll be quieter on a stock catback since 100% of the exhaust doesn't exit through the cutout. Still, if you spend money on a catback, you're not going to gain a whole lot more noise or power. You'll gain TONS through a ported TB and LS6 intake. Switching to TSP TD's won't do much at all for performance and I doubt it'll be a whole lot louder.
nope i bought the headers(the old non hvmc kind) and y from the same guy he had it all clamped and never had a problem. the tsp y pipe fit great for me as well just snugged it all together and welded it up with clamps on the collectors. i am not spending any money on a catback but i think there might be some gain to be had with the duals over this current setup, the tsp y doesnt have the best merge in the world and the scavenging effect would factor in with the x pipe.

Originally Posted by LS1-NAVY
well i would do ls6 intake cause you will probably do a cam later and thats still a good intake for a cam, but if you dont get it i will take that ls6 intake
no cam for me not till after i graduate anyway, i want to finish my bolt ons then either get some spray or a stall next!

i think i am gonna pick up the intake for sure and try to swing a used set of duals as well. if not im just going to the exhaust shop, hacking the catback off and welding something they have on hand on the end of that y pipe and putting a hangar on it problem solved! it will sound better than it does now for sure!

Last edited by jrob56; 11-17-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

i get a big credit card bill from buying everyone presents and never really end up with much for myself lol
Old 11-18-2008, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

well i am picking up my ls6 intake, coolant crossover, and caps next week for 300 when i go home for thanksgiving break and the car goes into hibernation as well. im hoping to get the intake on over winter break and im leaving the exhaust for now since i wont drive it again till march or april then duals and a full tune at GLM hopefully!
Old 11-23-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It looks like you already choose your pick. I would have gone with the tsp duals and then saved up for a fast intake/tb ... that is about as good as you can bolt on and you just can't beat the sound of true duals
Old 11-23-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99bowtieZ
It looks like you already choose your pick. I would have gone with the tsp duals and then saved up for a fast intake/tb ... that is about as good as you can bolt on and you just can't beat the sound of true duals
i think the fast would proly be over kill for my application since i wont really be doing anything internal, just the duals, intake, and tune performance wise. then im going to suspension/appearance mods.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jrob56
i think the fast would proly be over kill for my application since i wont really be doing anything internal, just the duals, intake, and tune performance wise. then im going to suspension/appearance mods.
That makes sense, definitely let us know how the new setup goes.