Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 Intake Install pics.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS6 Intake Install pics.

Went in smooth. Only took about 2 hours. I can feel a little SOTP difference, nothing major though.

Pics:

Right after we took the LS1 Intake off:

Our version of the cross over tube (hacked w/ dremel; 3/8 hose and zip ties):

After install:

Other side after install:

Old 03-21-2009, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

nice man, what kind of lid is that? you think that rubber hose back there will be ok? also, how did you plug the holes in the ls6 intake?
Old 03-22-2009, 01:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

looks good!

maybe you'll feel even more after a tune, after I installed my fast I felt a huge difference after 4k rpm...a friend even picked up on the difference I asked him to tell me when he felt it and it was right around 4200rpm haha

my car was BAD rich before and is still smelling rich so I'm hoping for even more with a good tune for the intake

I also took the cheap route on crossover tubes...I cut the tube part off the back parts completely then turned them upside down to make "block off plates" and on the front I cut the single tube that runs under the intake, hammered it closed and then soldered on the end for good measure

seems great thus far *knocks on wood*
Old 03-22-2009, 05:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by allforspeed
nice man, what kind of lid is that? you think that rubber hose back there will be ok? also, how did you plug the holes in the ls6 intake?
slp lid i painted lol.

eek....

what holes?

i "torqued" the zip tie's lol, and i pulled on it pretty hard and it almost pulled the hose in two.. so. Yes, hopefully they will. We would have smahed and soldered them but lacked a torcha and the correct solder, all we had was rosin core.

Last edited by Neenjah; 03-22-2009 at 05:54 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
looks good!

maybe you'll feel even more after a tune, after I installed my fast I felt a huge difference after 4k rpm...a friend even picked up on the difference I asked him to tell me when he felt it and it was right around 4200rpm haha

my car was BAD rich before and is still smelling rich so I'm hoping for even more with a good tune for the intake

I also took the cheap route on crossover tubes...I cut the tube part off the back parts completely then turned them upside down to make "block off plates" and on the front I cut the single tube that runs under the intake, hammered it closed and then soldered on the end for good measure

it has a tune for the headers, what else should he change if I were to go back?
Old 03-22-2009, 06:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Good stuff, I think im holding out for that street warrior intake
Old 03-22-2009, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
looks good!

You should have just shaved the webbing support off the bottum of the ls6 intake and used the stock ls1 crossover lines..
Old 03-22-2009, 02:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, here's my noob question of the day. What's the deal with the crossover tube? I know about the LS1 vs. LS6 coolant lines issue. I'm getting ready to do the swap (I have an SLP LS6 intake) and will be grinding down some of the ribs so I can keep my stock coolant lines. But, I don't recall hearing anything about a crossover tube.

Thanks,
Marc
Old 03-22-2009, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Bad00SS
You should have just shaved the webbing support off the bottum of the ls6 intake and used the stock ls1 crossover lines..
I put on a fast, not a ls6.

Quick Reply: LS6 Intake Install pics.