Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check out this intake for the LS1...(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Check out this intake for the LS1...(pics)

Think it will fit?

its 5500 bucks tho
This set up is cool, they even have a filter set up for it.
Maybe nine ball will reconsider and ditch the s/c for this intake for his 69
I found this intake while reading custom hot rodder and went to their website. They have some cool valve covers too,
here is the site www.gen3performance.com
J
Old 11-01-2003, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a pretty wild looking setup, i have seen a picture of a holden with a intake similar to that, it was sticking out of the hood.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:05 PM
Launching!

You might also like this offering it is about to be released in Aussie

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...orion+manifold
Old 11-02-2003, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am curious how long it took them to polish the whole engine? Must have been a pain in the ****.

It would be cool if the second intake was avaliable for our toys if..........they would also make avaliable different length runners so that we could tune our intakes to the particular appliaction.

Also here is a blower intake for the LS1 (another Aussie product) I found when surfin the net. http://www.forcedairtech.com.au/genkit.htm

I am hoping that it might provide more clearance than the Magancharger since no one has been able to make it fit (get a bigger hammer) and I can't afford to buy something that pricey just to cut on.

Later,
Bart
Old 11-02-2003, 01:44 PM
Launching!

Hey all,
That is my engine, it's going in my '66 Nova. It actually wasn't that bad to polish, I had someone else do it .

Gen III Perf is my company, and if I can be of any help, let me know. I'm in the process of becoming a sponsor, so I should be "legit" soon. My compliments on using the sponsors as much as possible, it's a cool thing to do.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:57 PM
Launching!

BTW,
Here is a pic of the engine with the valve covers frcefed98 mentioned...
Attached Thumbnails Check out this intake for the LS1...(pics)-polishedinjacidvc.gif  
Old 11-02-2003, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What type of computer control does it require for the fueling since the MAF is now gone from this picture.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

What was the cost of all that polishing?
Old 11-02-2003, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mr. Turvey.... How would you like to sponsor my '63 LS1 powered Grand Sport Corvette? I'll let you put one of your fancy intakes on it so you can get all kinds of exposure...

Can you make the stacks go towards the side like a Kinsler cross-ram?
Old 11-02-2003, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Let me answer CANNIBAL's, benpimpin1's, and Mark IXZD 150's questions in that order.

1. A stock or an aftermarket computer can be programmed to control it.

2. Polishing/chrome cost, approx. $1000

3. Using the 427 version of this motorr, I'm already "sponsoring" the 2004 Streer Rodder Road Tour car, an extreme SandCar with a prominent owner in SoCalm and a Class 1 Score desert racer. I have buildup, project car, and a tech series of articles being done for Street Rodder, Chevy Hi Performance, and some other Primedia mags. Give me a call and we can see if you can get your car invloved in one these.

4. I am working on a "cross-ram" setup as we speak. It will look similar to this.
Old 11-02-2003, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, we definately need to talk. I'll be in touch. What's the best way to reach you on the phone? Please e-mail me with your number.

I'm in the midwest (Chicago area) and travel as far as Bowling Green KY, Mars PA, and Lansing MI annually for various Chevy venues. I attend car shows and cruise-ins all summer as well as racing events at Road America. This car will be getting as much exposure as I can muster including a website with sponsor links and magazine features if all goes as planned.

Here's the concept rendering of it. I'm working on the suspension right now. Originally, the Grand Sports had the Webers like the one in that photo. I had to pass on the Kinsler cross-ram intake due to budgetary reasons. I had no idea there were any being made for LS1s until now. I just secured an LS1 for the car and planned on heads/cam and appearance work but I can really see that intake on this car, can't you?!

Last edited by Mark IXZD 150; 11-02-2003 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

This twin screw blower would be awesome.

"The MX426 is a 2.6ltr displacement supercharger and will flow enough air to produce over 650 HP."

Screw type blowers are much more efficient than roots for making lots of power.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool, I am glad you are a member of the board. I love your set up and wanted to share it with other LS1tech members. I know a lot of them are doing the old muscle with gen 3 power, so I thought I would give them a heads up on a wicked intake set up. So you know how to do a mafless tune? What does it cost and can you do it on my FI car if I drove it out there?
Thanks and welcome aboard, I look foward to you becoming a sponsor, your ideas and products are awesome
J
Old 11-03-2003, 01:03 AM
Launching!

Thanks frcefed98, I look forward to adding to growing list of options we are starting to see for these engines.

In reply to your question about MAF'less tuning, absolutely I can. I can tune with or without MAF or O2 sensors, although I wouldn't recommend not using O2 sensors on the street. I have had to do it for racing as the leaded fuel eats the sensors.

The cost of tuning a motor from a stock PCM flash is usually $500. The reason I say from a stock flash is I have had cars where someone has tried to tune it, and it still didn't work right. It is quicker and more cost effective for me to go from stock than spending perhaps hours (at $150 per) trying to figure out what someone has done or was trying to do.

As an aside, I have gotten email from some people wanting to know how much more HP this setup adds, or how much more airflow, etc. Let me state right up front this intake was created in response to the hot rodders ('30's type iron) that loved the idea of fuel injection, but thought the LS1/6 looked like crap, and my own desire for a motor I could open the hood of my Nova on, and not have it look like some evil experiment by a computer geek (no letters, I was one for over 20 years). It was not created to beat the stock intake. As the purpose of manifolds on the LS motor is to deliver air, with the fuel being injected basically directly into the port, it does happen to have the ability to flow more air. A stock LS manifold with even an 80mm+ throttle body doesn't fair well against eight air valves at 48mm each.

I have made an addition to my website to point out the form vs. function purpose of this manifold in hopes of clarifying this point.

In the next few weeks, we will be building, tuning, and testing a 427 motor with this manifold and one of the goals will be answering the airflow and HP questions vs. stock. Regardless of how this turns out, I will be posting the results on my website.

Thanks again for your post, and I look forward to working you.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:36 AM
Restricted User

Looking forward to your kind of experience and integrity, welcome. Nice engine, and thanks for sharing the info.

Too bad that MX426 doesnt have an offset manifold and rear feed for the F-bodies!
Old 11-03-2003, 01:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CAT3
Looking forward to your kind of experience and integrity, welcome. Nice engine, and thanks for sharing the info.

Too bad that MX426 doesnt have an offset manifold and rear feed for the F-bodies!
Yeah. I'm working on a setup to incorporate a 6-71/8-71 Roots-type blower, but I don't think that is going to work on the F-bodies either...
Old 11-03-2003, 03:19 AM
Launching!

one done here in Aus not sure if its complete yet, looks killer,

Old 11-03-2003, 03:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by strife
Any idea who made the intake?
Old 11-03-2003, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by strife

That looks SWEET. I could ditch the SS hood for that!

Last edited by 2001SS#3013; 11-03-2003 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-03-2003, 12:43 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

It looks similar to these
http://torqueaddicts.com/media/TMS/DSCF0013.JPG
http://torqueaddicts.com/media/TMS/DSCF0014.JPG

Quick Reply: Check out this intake for the LS1...(pics)