Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JET HOTS installed!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking JET HOTS installed!

Thought I would post a few pics of the new headers installed. The car does'nt sound that much louder at idel but it screams at WOT! I did pick up a little rasp from running the off road y but it is'nt even as bad as I thought it would be. Every one that has heard it agrees it sounds mean. I did the install on a lift so that saved me alot of grief.

The installation of the headers and y-pipe was not very dificult at all. We had a harder time getting the old manafolds and y-pipe out than we did putting the new ones in. The passenger side just slid right in. On the drivers side I cut the casting tab and pryed the engine to one side a little to get it in.No majior problems at all.

I can tell I lost a little low end tourqe but it defanilty pulls harder in the upper RPM range. I still probably could use some tunning though. I am going to try and make it to Gainsville next weekend and see if I can get into the 12's

Here are a few pics. If any one has any questions about the headers or the install just ask.

,Justin

Old 11-02-2003, 10:19 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sounds like the exact same experience as me . same problem gettin the old **** off and i had to grind down the block tab on the driver side. and like you felt a slight loss of low end but it pulls like a muthafucka on the top end . what catback are you running?
Old 11-03-2003, 12:03 AM
TECH Junkie

grats on the install, those headers did you way more good than harm,, I am sure of that.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Very nice looking install. I have been considering these headers for a while. I am mostly curious about the ground clearance of the y-pipe. I know the headers tuck up nicely, but the passenger side of the y-pipe seems to hang a little low. Any trouble with scraping so far?

Good luck with the 12's
Jeff
Old 11-03-2003, 02:10 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's usually the driver's side of the Y pipe that hangs low; I cut the frame on my car to avoid that problem.
Old 11-03-2003, 02:11 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lookin' good! What size is your I-pipe?
Old 11-03-2003, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jrp
what catback are you running?
It's a crapy Flowmaster, I dont think it is the LS1 sepcific cat back but Im not sure it was on the car when I bought it. One thing I do know is that it really sounds good. I get alot of complements on my exhaust.Flowmasters just seem to have a bad rep for not flowing well.

What size is your I-pipe?

The I-pipe is the 3 inch off road pipe that comes with the JET HOT's

I know the headers tuck up nicely, but the passenger side of the y-pipe seems to hang a little low. Any trouble with scraping so far?

The drivers side is alot lower than the passenger. The only place I have heard it scrap so far is when I pull in to the garage at the wrong angle. ( I kinda have a incline going into the garage ) But it is'nt even bad. The car is lowered with the BMR lowering springs, 1 inch drop but Im pretty sure it droped it more than that.

Yea Im loving the headers , best mod I have done so far. Any more questions are welcome.

,Justin

Last edited by 99TranTrany; 11-03-2003 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:32 PM
11 Second Club

Congrats on the install. Looks like mine.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:36 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 99TranTrany
It's a crapy Flowmaster, I dont think it is the LS1 sepcific cat back but Im not sure it was on the car when I bought it. One thing I do know is that it really sounds good. I get alot of complements on my exhaust.Flowmasters just seem to have a bad rep for not flowing well.

,Justin
lol, i had flowmasters too. they cam on the car when i bought, was just stock manifolds, Y and flowmasters. it did sound really good, i couldnt complain about the sound.

the flowmaster had a deaper idle then my new full exhuast setup