Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which long tubes header have most clearance?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 08:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which long tubes header have most clearance?

Whats up guys. ive got a 00 ta with stock manifolds and y pipe and loudmouth 2 catback. im sittin on eibach's sportline springs which i believe is about a 1.8 drop in front and 1.5 out back. The car looks great with my 17" billet specialties street lites. i now want to really tackle the bolt ons starting with a good ceramic set of long tube headers with y pipe, but i need a set thats really gonna tuck up nicely to maximize clearance since the car has a low stance. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Old 01-23-2010, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

ARH and their Y pipe
Old 01-23-2010, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would say Kooks with Y, ARH with Y and maybe QTP with Y, those are all stainless too. If your wanting it to tuck good and not have clearance issues your going to have to find or buy a high dollar header. Remember you get what you pay for. I'm not knocking a brand like LPP, TSP or Pacesetters
Old 01-23-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Kooks ,that's why there so high.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Staging Lane

my pacesetters are fine, but the tsp catted y i have rattles on the crossbrace like a mo and scrapes on everything. although the pacesetters went in with little trouble, didnt need to cut anything like I've heard some people have done

edit: stock ride height btw
Old 01-23-2010, 03:49 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I could REALLY REALLY REALLY lie to you and say SLP

But that wouldn't be nice at all!
Old 01-23-2010, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blk_Ws6
Kooks ,that's why there so high.
Yea it's quality you pay for and I'm on stock height with my 98 ss 17" wheels and when I had my 98 T/A it also had 17" on it at stock height and my pacesetters hung a little lower but no clearance issue with the headers but issues with the Y-pipe hitting the floor board.

Originally Posted by Big Z
my pacesetters are fine, but the tsp catted y i have rattles on the crossbrace like a mo and scrapes on everything. although the pacesetters went in with little trouble, didnt need to cut anything like I've heard some people have done

edit: stock ride height btw
Is that TSP Y-pipe you have the old or new design? Because you know that they have a new design Y-pipe with a better merge.

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
I could REALLY REALLY REALLY lie to you and say SLP

But that wouldn't be nice at all!
Your a good guy, don't care what anybody say about you. lol
But I heard the new SLP's design headers don't hang as low but for the price of theirs I think anyone would be looking at Kooks or ARH. FTMFW
Old 01-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Restricted User

The American Racing Headers seem to have decent clearance with everything...Flowtech's aren't bad either....I personally have SLP LT's which offer no clearance what so ever....
Old 01-23-2010, 07:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Kooks LT's here, plenty of ground clearance and they look great too!
Old 01-23-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Check for the ebay headers....one of the nicest clearances Ive seen with a nice price to match. I picked a set myself last month. They are stainless steel not ceramic coated though...
Old 01-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by thewholefnshow1
I would say Kooks with Y, ARH with Y and maybe QTP with Y, those are all stainless too. If your wanting it to tuck good and not have clearance issues your going to have to find or buy a high dollar header. Remember you get what you pay for. I'm not knocking a brand like LPP, TSP or Pacesetters
im lookin up those three, thanx a lot!!! i can definetly see a huge price difference in brands of stainless headers, but i never knew where the price made a difference, if that makes any sense. i'm goin into this expecting to spend about $1300 plus labor. SUX not havin a garage!!!!!
Old 01-24-2010, 07:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

the dynatechs i had on my 98 had excellent clearance
Old 01-24-2010, 07:32 AM
Teching In

guys i found a picture of a late model f body's undercarriage with a great set of headers and awesome ground clearance. but i cant get the picture posted. i click on that icon with the mountains a little screen pops and it asks me to enter the url address or somethin like that. anybody help me out?
Old 01-24-2010, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to have somebody like Photobucket host you picture. Go to photobucket, open an account, download your picture there. Then you will have a URL to enter.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cheetoh
You need to have somebody like Photobucket host you picture. Go to photobucket, open an account, download your picture there. Then you will have a URL to enter.
thanx im gonna do that. how are some other guys able to post pictures rite in the thread?
Old 01-24-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jayramos02
thanx im gonna do that. how are some other guys able to post pictures rite in the thread?
When you go to post a reply, if you scroll down past the 2 buttons that say "submit reply" and "preview post", you will see three boxes...one of them says "attach files" with a button in it that says "manage attachments"...that will let you upload it right here, and it will be hosted on the LS1Tech server.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jayramos02
Whats up guys. ive got a 00 ta with stock manifolds and y pipe and loudmouth 2 catback. im sittin on eibach's sportline springs which i believe is about a 1.8 drop in front and 1.5 out back. The car looks great with my 17" billet specialties street lites. i now want to really tackle the bolt ons starting with a good ceramic set of long tube headers with y pipe, but i need a set thats really gonna tuck up nicely to maximize clearance since the car has a low stance. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
I didn't realize that when you first post but later I noticed under your name it said you were from CT. You may really want to look into some stainless headers period cause all that salt and sand and the wheather up there is going to be very rough on your headers. If you do get anything other than stainless don't expect them to last a long time, Coated or Uncoated. I know I had pacesetters on my old T/A for about 2 years and they started where rusting pretty bad at the bottom before the collector.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dynatech Supermax system. I have had them over 5 years. No rust so far. Headers and catted Y are Stainless Steel.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by thewholefnshow1
I didn't realize that when you first post but later I noticed under your name it said you were from CT. You may really want to look into some stainless headers period cause all that salt and sand and the wheather up there is going to be very rough on your headers. If you do get anything other than stainless don't expect them to last a long time, Coated or Uncoated. I know I had pacesetters on my old T/A for about 2 years and they started where rusting pretty bad at the bottom before the collector.
wow i never even thought about that. but even though i do live in ct t/a never sees those elements. but either way stainless steel it is. minus well go all the way.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Teching In

ok now that ive figured out how to attach pictures. this is a fbody, trans am i believe. ive had this picture for a while now and i have no idea what header y pipe combo this is. but look at the awesome clearance!!! almost looks better than stock!! ANY IDEAS OF WHAT SETUP THIS IS? i have not a clue.
Attached Thumbnails Which long tubes header have most clearance?-header-pics.jpg  

Quick Reply: Which long tubes header have most clearance?