Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Dual Gains

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 01:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Dual Gains

I was wondering what are some of the gains you guys have gotten from true duals over cat back.

Only people with longtube headers please
Old 03-08-2010, 02:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

the gains are not a whole lot. not to many people have showed dynos or track times tds vs catback.

thats your answer from me. now get ready to be ambushed with search police! lol
Old 03-08-2010, 02:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

The sound owns all..
Old 03-08-2010, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

I lost 13 rwhp switching from TD's to a Pacesetter Y-pipe w/ Magnaflow catback, but at least now I can hear myself think while driving.....................
Old 03-11-2010, 02:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went from stock exhaust to Hooker LTs and TSP true duals and I loved it. I had the car untuned and I could tell a huge difference and I loved the sound, not loud at all
Old 03-12-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by uLs1a
I went from stock exhaust to Hooker LTs and TSP true duals and I loved it. I had the car untuned and I could tell a huge difference and I loved the sound, not loud at all
Even if your running spiralflows on your TD its very loud. Maybe not out in the country but here in the city I can hear my exhaust echo a block away at 2000rmps.

OP: If your looking for all out race then TDs are the answer. If you wanna cruise in comfort get the Y. There is a huge debate here about Tds vs Y. I personal could tell the difference when I switched from my Y to TDs. Hope that helps.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sicko
Even if your running spiralflows on your TD its very loud. Maybe not out in the country but here in the city I can hear my exhaust echo a block away at 2000rmps.

OP: If your looking for all out race then TDs are the answer. If you wanna cruise in comfort get the Y. There is a huge debate here about Tds vs Y. I personal could tell the difference when I switched from my Y to TDs. Hope that helps.
I agree with that. I had the TSP TD's on my car and it was insanely loud to me. I Have since had a customer exhaust made with CATS and Edelbrock mufflers and the sound is fantastic.....

OP....You will see gains going to TD's, but you could also see some losses in some areas across the powerband. Its really about mods and muffler choice. You will hear people say very positive things and some will say very negative things. Best advice would be to research the dyno forum to see what people are making with different combinations, then try and hook up with some local people and hear their cars, then make the decision. When I had my car tuned I had TSP TD's on it, when I switched to my current set up I lost 4hp and around 10trq, but its still making over 400 at the wheels and thats all I wanted
Old 03-22-2010, 03:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bird
I lost 13 rwhp switching from TD's to a Pacesetter Y-pipe w/ Magnaflow catback, but at least now I can hear myself think while driving.....................
All I know is I feel like a man when I drive since I ditched the Y pipe. I like my car to sound like a V8 at WOT. As for performance... I didn't dyno and couldn't really feel anything different so i'm not really much help...

I know with more mods the TD's will payoff but it's what you like really, i'm not trying to get all one sided or anything. I just had a bad experience with my Catback being raspy
Old 04-24-2010, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ravensfan
I agree with that. I had the TSP TD's on my car and it was insanely loud to me. I Have since had a customer exhaust made with CATS and Edelbrock mufflers and the sound is fantastic.....

OP....You will see gains going to TD's, but you could also see some losses in some areas across the powerband. Its really about mods and muffler choice. You will hear people say very positive things and some will say very negative things. Best advice would be to research the dyno forum to see what people are making with different combinations, then try and hook up with some local people and hear their cars, then make the decision. When I had my car tuned I had TSP TD's on it, when I switched to my current set up I lost 4hp and around 10trq, but its still making over 400 at the wheels and thats all I wanted
Do you have any sound clips of your car with those Edelbrock 304's? pics?
Old 04-24-2010, 06:42 PM
10 Second Club

I gained zero with true dual setup over the Borla cat back that was on there before. True 3" duals with Dynamax bullets. Sounds killer but no more power than before.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

TD will alaways sound beatter. They make a stock 5.3 sound like a real v-8. What kinda of mufflers you have makes all the diffrance as for as how loud it is.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

i really wanna ditch my ory, and magnaflow catback for TSP duals with the sweet thunders!!