Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheapest place for hooker catback?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheapest place for hooker catback?

Seems like the ws6 store is the cheapest at 349. Anywhere cheaper? I tried Maryland speed and Texas speed, both around 400 without shipping. Any help would be great.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Teching In

I bought mine on Amazon.com, Lee
Old 03-16-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think WS6 store has the best prices and are the cheapest on most stuff.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ws6 store seems great. Nice customer service and cheap prices. I'll check amazon thanks
Old 03-17-2010, 12:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry.

All I saw was "cheapest" and "hooker"

:-(
Old 03-17-2010, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cthulu
Sorry.

All I saw was "cheapest" and "hooker"

:-(
We know where your mind is. lol
Old 03-17-2010, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

WS6 store it is...this is killing me! I want the loudmouth so bad, but cant stand if it rasps with long tubes....AHHH. I want the peace of mind that I can upgrade at some point to long tubes...

How is the loudmouth with hi flow cats? Any better?
Old 03-18-2010, 02:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TImmy_Jones
WS6 store it is...this is killing me! I want the loudmouth so bad, but cant stand if it rasps with long tubes....AHHH. I want the peace of mind that I can upgrade at some point to long tubes...

How is the loudmouth with hi flow cats? Any better?
It's all up to you but I wouldn't do the loud mouth unless your just wanting to be loud and love it loud and don't care how it sounds. You can look at hooker or magnaflow either one will be good for you. I would ditch thinking of it. But if you got long tubs and a catted Y and Flowmaster merge it may take out alot of rasp but it's up to you if your willing to take the risk. In the end it's your money and you spend it so you have to live with it.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:37 AM
TECH Addict

I had a LM and loved it but I kept getting hassled by the cops so I switched to a Hooker CB. The Hooker is too quiet for my taste but at least I have peace-of-mind when I drive. My 224/112 cam loped pretty good with the LM, but with the Hooker it's hard to tell I have an upgraded cam. If a cop had his back to me he would turn around when he heard the LM. Now they don't even look at me unless they're watching the traffic.

I love the Hooker's dual chrome tips though.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont want quiet!! AHHHH, i hate to hear how quiet the hooker is.

I have never owned a quiet vehicle, both my Grand Prixs had loudmouths and my bike has a little straight through carbon fiber can.

Looking for a used loudmouth now.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:24 AM
TECH Addict

I'd have a LM if I could get away with it. Recently my city passed a noise ordinance tarketing Harley riders with straight pipes, but my car was louder than the Harleys really . It was getting too expensive for me to keep my LM with the tickets and increased insurance rates, plus my license was eventually suspended, but the LM exhaust rocks.

The Hooker does sound good in the 4, 5, 6k rpm range. It comes alive, but the LM was badass at idle too.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think I am going with the LM2 exhaust, after talking with a tech at the WS6 store. Still loud, but not too loud.

Cops in Mass are sticklers. If youre in worcester, your damn exhaust noise must bounce off all the buildings!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

I didnt know worcester had a noise ordinance they def have it lifted for summer nationals which I can not wait for.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CrazyDrivinJoe
I didnt know worcester had a noise ordinance they def have it lifted for summer nationals which I can not wait for.
The Summer Nationals are pretty cool. Lots of muscle cars on display. I actually got cited for my LM exhaust on July 4th in Auburn, MA 4 or 5 years ago. I got stopped for speeding though and also cited for expired inspection sticker (I had been working on my car instead of driving it so it expired).

Anyway, here's a link to Worcester's noise ordinance if you want to look at it. It's the third .pdf down in the ordinance list:

http://www.ci.worcester.ma.us/city-c...s-regulations/
Old 03-18-2010, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TImmy_Jones
I think I am going with the LM2 exhaust, after talking with a tech at the WS6 store. Still loud, but not too loud.

Cops in Mass are sticklers. If youre in worcester, your damn exhaust noise must bounce off all the buildings!
I bet the LM2 will be a nice compromise but still sound cool.

I used to like setting off the car alarms when I drove by parked cars. haha Actually Worcester cops are pretty cool, it's the small town cops like Auburn or Southbridge that are the real ******.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

Yea they are terrible my friend lives in worcester and he had more trouble with surrounding town cops over worcester. Worcester has better things to deal with other than noise ordinances and other dumb car related stuff for the most part. But i havent ever been pulled over in worcester by a local or statey for that fact.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

True Joe about Worcester, another negative is that the inspection stations are hesitant to give a sticker if your exhaust is too loud. I don't know if that ties into the noise ordinance or not. I just went with a Hooker CB instead of finding out the hard way. On the other hand they now only check OBDII codes instead of a sniff test, so I went with longtubes as soon as the law was changed . My tuning software gives me complete control over how the test will come out, so I can basically do any performance mod I want to. I just have to keep a lid on the noise, and the Hooker CB sounds pretty good just not super loud and raspy, plus my car is as fast as it was with the LM so I can't really complain. I feel for the brothers in California.