Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ebay catch can(vms racing)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ebay catch can(vms racing)

I have a few questions about it.
Is it hooked up right?
And can I put the oil it collects back in the motor?

I have one hose coming from the valve cover going to it and the other one from the intake manifold behind the tb.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about routing i will leave that up to someone else. https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...outing-ok.html
I would not out the oil back in the motor, most of people have a mixture of oil and water, so yea not a good thing to put back in.
Let me know how that one works out for you im looking for a decent, not expensive catch can myself and would like to see how this one works out. Any chance i can get some pics of the can open? What type of filtration system does it use?
Old 03-19-2011, 04:34 AM
TECH Resident

Can't see your PCV valve?
Old 03-19-2011, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen these online...curious how well they work. Any oil/water in the can yet??
Old 03-19-2011, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Steve Gunn
Can't see your PCV valve?
Don't have one. It is already collecting oil. The oil in my intake was getting on my map sensor and messing it up, hopefully the catch can will fix that.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SoWazIt2You
Not sure about routing i will leave that up to someone else. https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...outing-ok.html
I would not out the oil back in the motor, most of people have a mixture of oil and water, so yea not a good thing to put back in.
Let me know how that one works out for you im looking for a decent, not expensive catch can myself and would like to see how this one works out. Any chance i can get some pics of the can open? What type of filtration system does it use?
Thanks. I looked at that thread and I think I have it right, just wanted to make sure. The can doesnt open and I think it doesn't have a filtration system.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

You need a valve. PCV stands for positive crankcase ventilation. You want to evacuate the crankcase... one way. Read up some more. It's important.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Steve Gunn
You need a valve. PCV stands for positive crankcase ventilation. You want to evacuate the crankcase... one way. Read up some more. It's important.
I'm gonna eventually get a breather for crankcase ventilation, the one that goes where the oil filler tube is. http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GN3020/GNUNDE...er+Filter.html
http://rpmspeed.com/product_info.php...ts_id=23441353

Last edited by 69cutlassrkt; 03-20-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Just put on the valve cover breather. It sits up really high with the truck oil filler tube, but it still fits. And I replaced the catch can lines with rubber hoses cause the one coming from the valve cover sort of collapsed.

Quick Reply: ebay catch can(vms racing)