Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP's redesigned ORY for Pacesetter headers - Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:26 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Thumbs up TSP's redesigned ORY for Pacesetter headers - Review

I thought I'd give a quick shout out to TSP for their newly revised Ypipe for the Pacesetter headers. I know it's been out for a while, but I was hesitant to try it due to disliking (a lot) how their old Ypipe fit. I was pleasantly surprised to see a MUCH better design, high velocity merge, and no smashed pipe (like the pacesetter Y). The fitment is excellent, it comes with band clamps, and the Ypipe negates the need to spend $40 on a Flowmaster merge + install which I really like.

I install anywhere from 2-8 sets of headers a month and finding a quality Ypipe with a good merge and doesn't hit the floor is tough these days. I'll be using these from now on for Pacesetter headers. Very nice piece, kudos TSP.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:54 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am glad it worked out for you. We definitely worked for some better fitment and flow on this one compared to the last. Hopefully we can send a few more your way!
Old 04-25-2011, 09:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How new is this "new" design? I supposably got one of their new design ORY's (roughly a year ago) when I bought my Pacesetter LT's from them. The fitment was terrible and we had to fight the SOB and had to cut some of it to fit somewhat decently. The clamps also sucked as well. They don't fit or seal worth a darn and I've got leaks. They offered to send me a new one, but I didn't have the time to ship it back and wait for them to see it and then have them ship another one out. Glad to hear the "new" ones are fitting better though. Maybe at some point I will replace mine.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:16 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
How new is this "new" design? I supposably got one of their new design ORY's (roughly a year ago) when I bought my Pacesetter LT's from them. The fitment was terrible and we had to fight the SOB and had to cut some of it to fit somewhat decently. The clamps also sucked as well. They don't fit or seal worth a darn and I've got leaks. They offered to send me a new one, but I didn't have the time to ship it back and wait for them to see it and then have them ship another one out. Glad to hear the "new" ones are fitting better though. Maybe at some point I will replace mine.
That was their old design for sure, and those exact reasons were why I quit using them for a while.

The new design fits like a glove, is very adjustable (has 3 joints in between catback and headers) so you can get it exactly where you want it, and came with band clamps for a few of the joints.

Trust me, I'd never give a good review about the old ypipe. This one is 100x better.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:55 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Damian
That was their old design for sure, and those exact reasons were why I quit using them for a while.

The new design fits like a glove, is very adjustable (has 3 joints in between catback and headers) so you can get it exactly where you want it, and came with band clamps for a few of the joints.

Trust me, I'd never give a good review about the old ypipe. This one is 100x better.
You are one of the few I trust, so maybe I'll give them another shot.

I must have been one of the first to experience the poor fitment because they told me over the phone they had never had a single issue with how they fit. Turns out that I wasn't the only one after all.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I always said mine fit good. Lots of complaints but not here.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm happy with mine aside from the 2 leaks which I had to get welded to fix and my ground clearance. I have a convertible and the y is below the x brace.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Launching!

well unless they changed in the last 2 months, mine didnt fit worth crap, had to cut 2 of the pipes to make it work, but after i did that and welded all the joints it worked great, both of my band clamps to the headers have a small leak. maybe i just had one bad piece that threw every thing off, before I cut the 2 peices of pipe the outlet of the merge was pointed towards the passenger side of the car. But for the price its not too bad.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ ditto lol
Old 04-25-2011, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

Is the merge the same on both of them(catted and off road)? On their site it looks like the catted has a much better merge than the off road one does.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Launching!

its the same now. they havent updated the pic of the ORY
Old 04-25-2011, 09:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by keith102371
well unless they changed in the last 2 months, mine didnt fit worth crap, had to cut 2 of the pipes to make it work, but after i did that and welded all the joints it worked great, both of my band clamps to the headers have a small leak. maybe i just had one bad piece that threw every thing off, before I cut the 2 peices of pipe the outlet of the merge was pointed towards the passenger side of the car. But for the price its not too bad.
No matter what the price was, it should fit good like they said it would

Quick Reply: TSP's redesigned ORY for Pacesetter headers - Review