Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

borla xr-1, stock manifold, true dual, cat delete. rasp?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 02:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default borla xr-1, stock manifold, true dual, cat delete. rasp?

I'm planning on running the stock manifolds till I get a few more bucks. I want to get a x pipe somewhere in the mix and have it all the way to the back. My only concern is rasp what do you guys think? any sound clips of this? I want a very deep crisp sounding exhaust. Thanks all
Old 09-27-2011, 03:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt waste the money with stock manifolds..i thought this before buying long tubes but to be honest it is just a waste of time and money. save up for long tubes, they are just 300 more or as cheap as 150 used. also, you are better with lts ory than duals with stock manifolds
Old 09-27-2011, 04:08 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are tons of clips on youtube of duals, honest i love my duals ,best sounding loud exhaust for these cars period, i have the tsp duals with sweetthunders, and i will never have another exhaust on there, with my setup i have zero rasp, but there is alot of drone, duals with stock headers is not going to do you any good though , i would do headers first honest,
Old 09-27-2011, 04:53 AM
Staging Lane

I plan on doing headers but I want the sound now, I plan on doing headers within a month or two so there is no reason to get the exhaust done twice differently. and I am friends with a exhaust shop owner so im not worried about labor.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:14 AM
TECH Addict

great then! are you set on duals? if so, then get the bullets of your choice, stick one in your I pipe and chop off your muffler for the sound you want now. when you get your long tubes go ahead and get your duals best way to go imho
Old 09-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

What's the difference between doing duals now or later? And why would I want to get the exhaust basically completley done twice? Why not make it pretty much ready to go for the headers, cept for a little cutting and replacing the flanges I don't understand
Old 09-27-2011, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fire120ball
What's the difference between doing duals now or later? And why would I want to get the exhaust basically completley done twice? Why not make it pretty much ready to go for the headers, cept for a little cutting and replacing the flanges I don't understand
factory pipes are 2.75" at the I pipe and 2.25 to 2.5 after each manifold due to the crushed Y pipe and cats flanges. how are you going to go 3" ? unless you run flanges for the duals after each manifold and ditch cats its going to look pretty bad with the stock manifold and even worse after long tubes. and that isnt worth the hassle. if you are not worried about how it would look like then go ahead and do it....my advice to you is do it once do it right.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I say "go for it", as long as you're using mandrel bends.
Otherwise it's just a total waste of time and money, IMO.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Staging Lane

So basically the 2.5 would not match up to the stock manifolds?
Old 09-28-2011, 08:02 AM
TECH Addict

that is the problem. on the driver side it is roughly a 2.5" while the passenger side its almost 2.25" iirc. if your going to run your duals right off the manifolds you might need to take them out. but if your running them after your cats its going to get messy. talk to your guys and take a good look under there. good luck

Quick Reply: borla xr-1, stock manifold, true dual, cat delete. rasp?