Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 with some bolt ons power estimate and advice for the future

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 with some bolt ons power estimate and advice for the future

In the next two weeks I hope to get my LQ4 motor going. Its a stocker pulled from a wrecked silverado, unknown miles but seems pretty clean.

Just in the process of getting it on the road I've got pacesetter headers, a Granetelli MAF, 80mm TB that is adapted down to the stock intake, no cats or emissions garbage.

Assuming this motor is running strong this spring i am at a cross roads of prc stage 3 lq9 heads and cam or doing l92 heads and cam. L92 will cost significantly more due to the need of a different intake etc.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hotrodolds
In the next two weeks I hope to get my LQ4 motor going. Its a stocker pulled from a wrecked silverado, unknown miles but seems pretty clean.

Just in the process of getting it on the road I've got pacesetter headers, a Granetelli MAF, 80mm TB that is adapted down to the stock intake, no cats or emissions garbage.

Assuming this motor is running strong this spring i am at a cross roads of prc stage 3 lq9 heads and cam or doing l92 heads and cam. L92 will cost significantly more due to the need of a different intake etc.
How much is that PRC package, about 1600 I'm guessing,you can do stock L92 heads cam and intake for under 1600 easy.Now if you have to have cnc LS3 heads that will bust your budget .Oh and you probably not be able to use your TB so you would have to factor that in also.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Joe69z28
How much is that PRC package, about 1600 I'm guessing,you can do stock L92 heads cam and intake for under 1600 easy.Now if you have to have cnc LS3 heads that will bust your budget .Oh and you probably not be able to use your TB so you would have to factor that in also.
The cost via texas speed for the stage 3 heads and choice of cam is $2200, within a $100 of the prc stage 2.5 L92 heads and cam package but the L92 route has quite a bit more involved due to intake TB etc.

Cost isn't a huge issue this is kind of a last hoorah before I delve into the black abyss of marriage.

Quick Reply: LQ4 with some bolt ons power estimate and advice for the future