Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tsp rumbler catback tip?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tsp rumbler catback tip?

So im teally looking into buying the rumbler catback from texas speed and learned that they come with no tips. But u can add some magnaflow tips for $99.00 more. Anyone know how these tips look? There are no pics of them. I wont buy the tips unless i know how they look. Anyone buy these? Any pics or vids?
Old 12-25-2011, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They aren't the nicest looking tips. I bought them with the catback and wound up returning them. I went tipless on my car and actually like it better. However, see that you have a TransAm, there is a chance you can pull them off.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JohnnyBz28
They aren't the nicest looking tips. I bought them with the catback and wound up returning them. I went tipless on my car and actually like it better. However, see that you have a TransAm, there is a chance you can pull them off.
Can you get a pic out from google or something so I can see what it may look like? I'm assuming they are single tips? not dual/dual? By the way how are you liking the cat-back?
Old 12-26-2011, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the Rumber with Pasesetters and ORY. It's a good setup. Fits well. My only complaint is that the end tail pipes point down slightly rather than being parallel with the ground. I opted for no tips and then bought Corsa Clones on ebay for $80.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by skopers3
I have the Rumber with Pasesetters and ORY. It's a good setup. Fits well. My only complaint is that the end tail pipes point down slightly rather than being parallel with the ground. I opted for no tips and then bought Corsa Clones on ebay for $80.

Those tips look sick and for some reason I like the way they kinda point down Yea i may just go for no tips and find some I like for less than $100.00 bucks on ebay or something. Thanks a lot. Quick question though, do you have to weld the tips or do they clamp on or what? Or would that depend on the tips? I like your might get the sames ones. How are your attached? Sorry for all the questions, this would be my first time doing anything with the exhaust
Old 12-26-2011, 08:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JVJLS1
Can you get a pic out from google or something so I can see what it may look like? I'm assuming they are single tips? not dual/dual? By the way how are you liking the cat-back?
You can find them on magnaflow's site.

I like the catback just wish it was full 3" instead of 3" to 2.5"
Old 12-26-2011, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JVJLS1
Those tips look sick and for some reason I like the way they kinda point down Yea i may just go for no tips and find some I like for less than $100.00 bucks on ebay or something. Thanks a lot. Quick question though, do you have to weld the tips or do they clamp on or what? Or would that depend on the tips? I like your might get the sames ones. How are your attached? Sorry for all the questions, this would be my first time doing anything with the exhaust
You can get ones slightly bigger than the exhaust so they slip over or have a shop expand them. Mine were the same size so I just cut four slits in the back of the tips so they couls spread a little, took a rubber hammer to them and they slid right on, good and tight. From there you could just clamp, but welding is probably the better option. I'd hate to lose one on the inerstate because of a lose clamp, or worse yet have to pay for a new windshield for a car following me. In addition, even though the whole system bolts up I've always hit catbacks with a spot welt just so thet don't vibrate and shift.
I've actually been considering selling mine, tips and all, for something else. PM me if you're interested. it's not even a year old. I'm indecisive like that.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by skopers3
You can get ones slightly bigger than the exhaust so they slip over or have a shop expand them. Mine were the same size so I just cut four slits in the back of the tips so they couls spread a little, took a rubber hammer to them and they slid right on, good and tight. From there you could just clamp, but welding is probably the better option. I'd hate to lose one on the inerstate because of a lose clamp, or worse yet have to pay for a new windshield for a car following me. In addition, even though the whole system bolts up I've always hit catbacks with a spot welt just so thet don't vibrate and shift.
I've actually been considering selling mine, tips and all, for something else. PM me if you're interested. it's not even a year old. I'm indecisive like that.
PM sent
Old 12-27-2011, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

hey skopers3 do you remmber the name of the ebay seller who was selling those tips?
Old 12-28-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1wallen
hey skopers3 do you remmber the name of the ebay seller who was selling those tips?
I dont and it's not still in my ebay history. Just search 3.5 dual stainless tip and you'll find several that are quality. Be sure to get stainless. First go around years ago I didn't and they looked like crap reaaaal soon.

Quick Reply: tsp rumbler catback tip?