Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My eBay Headers Experience (with Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My eBay Headers Experience (with Pics)

First off, I'm not comparing these headers to any other brands, to me headers are headers are headers, I personally will never notice a performance difference between different brands, but I was on a kind of tight budget but I wanted stainless so I went with the eBay stainless headers. Thanks to cyberkill's very detailed and well put together install thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...otsa-pics.html I was able to complete motor mounts and headers in 19 hours with one break (I was sooooooo tired the next day). The headers believe it or not fit perfect and didn't rub anything at all, I connected the headers to a new Texas Speed stainless ORY which also fit like a glove, and slid in some poly motor mounts also. I also deleted my E.G.R and AIR System (I don't have the ls6 manifold) So far so good as I haven't had any rubbing or banging anywhere that I know of, getting a dyno tune next week to sum things up. Overall I would say A+ to the headers and y pipe. Sounds great hooked up to my SLP Dual Dual! Hope this helps anyone on a budget contemplating eBay's or not.
Big thanks goes out to cyberkill for the guide I read through for 3 months prior to the install, helped me tons!

Old 12-27-2011, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AmarilloWS6
First off, I'm not comparing these headers to any other brands, to me headers are headers are headers, I personally will never notice a performance difference between different brands,
:facepalm:
Old 12-27-2011, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice... You gona dyno it?
Old 12-27-2011, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow 19 hours to install. Sounds like a huge headache. But glad your happy with the results. I am sure your cars sounds and feels more muscle car like now.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IRONFIST
Nice... You gona dyno it?
I believe I'm going to dyno it next week, I'm pretty excited!
Old 12-27-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MRMonster
wow 19 hours to install. Sounds like a huge headache. But glad your happy with the results. I am sure your cars sounds and feels more muscle car like now.
Yeah, I was in our building behind our house on jack stands, I started alone for part of the time then I got some help from my dad, with really sped up the process. I love the sound of the exhaust and I've noticed a good amount of power from them!
Old 12-27-2011, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

My install of ARH long tubes and ORY with Poly motor mounts, and spark plug change took 21 hours including a dinner break. The headers went in quick and rather painlessly. Most of the time was spent on the damn motor mounts and re-aligning the engine to sit straight (we used an engine hoist and it cockeyed the motor slightly)
Old 12-27-2011, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Believe it or not man we got super lucky and we got each bolt to just slide in each mount by lowering or raising the engine, but I've seen where a lot of people have had to use scissor jacks and all to align the engine
Old 12-27-2011, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Guitar
I'm just talking from my standpoint, I don't have any other supporting mods besides air lid so I don't think I'd notice a improvement big enough to make me want to spend the extra $500 or so, heck this cars pretty fast to me the way it came from the factory. I just added that part so someone wouldn't start the whole eBay vs. Pacesetter vs. Kooks, etc because that's not what my intentions were for the thread. Cheers!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the same headers waiting to go on, I plan on buying TSP's ORY as well.

Looks like your headers have the O2 bungs welded on the wrong sides, just like on my headers. Did you have problems getting your O2 sensors to clear anything?
Old 12-27-2011, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I laughed when I saw them set up in your bed haha
Old 12-27-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Haha, I got home at 1am that night and it was freezing so I just took the picture on my bed, lol, and I didn't have any clearance problems with them at all, but I do wish they were on the other side
Old 12-28-2011, 05:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well your next mod is pretty simple..ls6 intake
Old 12-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Launching!

my ebay headers sliped right in no fitment issues whatsoever really happy with mine other than the crappy slp y-pipe i used
Old 12-28-2011, 12:51 PM
12 Second Club

X2 on everything the original poster said. My e-bay headers and Texas Speed ORY fit like a glove. (tucks up nicer than the factory y-pipe and TSP merge lined up perfectly with the factory I-pipe or what ever it is called). I'm also posting up some pictures from my install. It also took me probably a combined total of 20 hours split between a couple of days. Motor mounts were a huge pain in the *** and frustrating as hell trying to do them by yourself... I had a buddy lend me a hand after several hours of no progress trying to line them up.

The only thing I didn't like about the headers is where they welded the passenger side o2 sensor bung. The sensor hangs down slightly because the bung was welded in the wrong place. It's been fine for 5 months but I'm going to buy one of the clamps they make to fix the problem... The ones where you drill a hole in the collector and install a clamp that has a bung built into it... For less than $200.00 for the headers I was prepared for much more extensive modifications to make the headers fit. I'm a firm believer in 'you get what you pay for' but I also like to get a good deal every once in a while. At least I know that if the quality turns out to be **** poor and they start falling apart one day they are basically steel tubes... I'm pretty sure I can handle anything that goes wrong with them. If / when that time comes I won't be upset. My expectations were set very low from the beginning.

Oh and the sound of LS1 > LT > ORY > cutout...

Old 12-28-2011, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Same ones I got, same review here.

Weird how your bungs were ok, I can't get the sensor in mine at all, even if I move the heatshield.

5550racing, mind sending me a link to where the clamp/bung piece is you're going to use?
Haven't heard of that.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by happysem
Same ones I got, same review here.

Weird how your bungs were ok, I can't get the sensor in mine at all, even if I move the heatshield.

5550racing, mind sending me a link to where the clamp/bung piece is you're going to use?
Haven't heard of that.
Well, to be honest, I put the o2 sensor in before I put the headers in but when they need to be replaced they're not coming out unless I cut them in half then take it out, my exhaust shop's welding two new bungs in there and capping the other ones for $20 when they need to be replaced, but I'm still happy with the headers reguardless, that's the only complaint I have with them so far
Old 12-30-2011, 06:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

cute pillows....
Old 12-30-2011, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bww3588
cute pillows....
Thanks man!
Old 01-01-2012, 05:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Guitar
would you please explain why? is it because he is not comparing brands? or the fact that headers are headers wont suit you? as a matter of fact, headers are headers....

great work op! i love it. looks very clean. wish i went with motor mounts too i was too excited to wait lol!

Quick Reply: My eBay Headers Experience (with Pics)