Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headers, ory, fm 10 review

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 06:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default headers, ory, fm 10 review

setup:

hooker 1 7/8 super comps, tsp ory, factory i / over the axle to the fm 10.

ok, so my curiosity got the best of me. i simply cut off the fm 80 series i had and bolted the 10 series in place of it. it'll work for the time being, as i plan on revamping the exhaust from the Y to the bumper. ultimately placing the muffler parallel to the car in the same location and running the pipes out the back. here is a pic i took with my cell phone for reference:

it's loud. very loud. it does have a distinct flowmaster sound and is very deep. i think when i get the 2.75" exit on the y replaced with a 3.5" pipe that goes back and over the axle, it will probably make it sound deeper. it really isn't very raspy, only when the motor is cold, if that makes sense. the car screams wot. no other description. normal driving it just sounds beast, but really is no louder than the 80 series was inside the car. i got a video, but it doesn't sound anything like the car does in person. i think when i get the exhaust like i want it and the pipes going out the back it will quiet down a lot in the cabin, which would be awesome for such an aggressive muffler. it drones less than the 80 series at highway speeds.

the car revs noticeably faster and feels like it picked up 25hp on the road. no way to verify as i haven't had the car back to the track since adding the headers...but it feels better and definitely revs faster. the 80 series sounded very restrictive in comparison. the car sounds healthy now, as opposed to before. it always trapped good, even with manifolds, so i'm kinda anxious to get back to the track with it.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Now time for a vid clip.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:56 PM
TECH Junkie

well lol i live by myself and have a somewhat demanding work schedule. i'll see what i can do. i can prob do some sort of in car and maybe an idle/rev in the driveway.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

How's the 2000-2500 rasp? My magnamouth is rough at those Rpms
Old 06-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cannot wait to do longtubes and dumped ORY. I cannot stand the sound of my flowmaster. Sounds like a mustang, gross. Ive heard so much about the flowmaster mufflers being very restrictive. Even with that my car beat a 105-106 car by 3 cars i cannot wait till next month. Get an incar!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Sail Hatan
How's the 2000-2500 rasp? My magnamouth is rough at those Rpms
for some reason, it's bad when the engine is cold. after it warms up it goes away. i've noticed this...very odd.

i think fixing the y and putting 3.5" pipe after it and over the axle will help with the rasp. i've thought about adding a flowmaster y in place of the tsp one if the rasp isn't at a minimum.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:07 PM
TECH Junkie

i don't think this car sounds like a mustang at all. the fm 80 did. this muffler just sounds like beast. it has a flowmaster tinge to it, but it's deep and just loud more than anything.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s346k
i don't think this car sounds like a mustang at all. the fm 80 did. this muffler just sounds like beast. it has a flowmaster tinge to it, but it's deep and just loud more than anything.
Yeah i was talking about you're old one, which not sure what "series" flowmaster i have but it sounds like **** (mustang). Im pretty sure this sounds 10x better because its a bullet style.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by adamantium
Yeah i was talking about you're old one, which not sure what "series" flowmaster i have but it sounds like **** (mustang). Im pretty sure this sounds 10x better because its a bullet style.
you have the 80 series, like i did. i thought it sounded decent. the 10 series is a single chamber muffler, it's not a bullet.

Quick Reply: headers, ory, fm 10 review